HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2010, 10:42 PM
RE: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Figured that one would be a race to Leviticus 20:13.

Geez Martin, have you not been arguing with atheists long? EVERY atheist knows Leviticus 20:13.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Seems like you just checkmated yourself there, Martin.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2010, 06:10 AM

Folks, this is a classic example of 'look before you leap'...

martin didn't look before jumping into the pool with us 'atheists'. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM

It also shows that most Christians don't even know their own bible.
12-03-2010, 02:12 PM

I really don’t have the time, nor do I think it will do any good, to correct this group every time they don’t understand the Bible. 1st Corr 2-14 says "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned".

So I will explain this one. There were four types of laws that were in place at that time; Moral, Ceremonial, Judicial, and Dietary. These laws were put in place by God, based on the condition of the people and what they were doing AT THAT TIME. Much like the US when we had the gas crunch the lowered the speed limit to 55 from 65 and then when the crunch was over we raised it 65 and actually faster in unpopulated areas. If you would read that entire section you see a number of things God did not want the people doing, from sex with animals, relatives, etc. The people of that time were sacrificing their babies to the god Molech. That god had nothing to do with GOD and God knew that was a joke and said stop burning your babies, and if you do that it is a capital offense. Not sure what the reason for God wanting to homosexuals, adulterers, pedophiles, people who committed incest, punished with a capital offense but He Did. But at that time He thought that should happen. Pork at the time was not good, they had no doctors etc, all they knew was they were getting sick, so no pork. We now know why, Trichinosis. Shellfish was a problem then and still can be here, so don’t eat it. etc. So God was saying at that time, stop doing all of these things from marrying prostitutes to going to spiritualists, making your daughter a prostitute, to tattoos and cutting yourself, to using bad sales to weigh, rulers to measure to rip people off etc. We can debate the morality of capital punishment, but in this country murder is wrong killing a murderer is not. In that day God thought some things were a capital offense. He gave the people time to make changes and if they didn’t He said here is the punishment. That was the punishment for doing those things. Don’t have homosexual sex, or commit adultery and you won’t be punished. I have a car that is speed limited at 150, the speed limit is 65, there are stretches of a toll road that is for many times of the day, deserted. When I take my car there I know I am breaking the law, I can’t get mad if I get a ticket for speeding, regardless of how dumb I think the law is.
Here is the Bible in a nutshell, God created, man messed it up, people made laws to get to God, God made laws and people couldn’t keep them, God provided salvation through Jesus. The New Testament says that Homosexuality is sin just like any other sin. Those laws were for that time, the Bible has been complete for thousands of years, it is not changing and it say’s you do not kill homosexuals for their sin.
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM

(12-03-2010 02:12 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  There were four types of laws that were in place at that time; Moral, Ceremonial, Judicial, and Dietary. These laws were put in place by God, based on the condition of the people and what they were doing AT THAT TIME.

Now you've just started contradicting your self, you've already made another post where you say that god does not exist within our time continuum. If he does not exist within our time continuum then he would not bother to change his laws depending on how the social and moral codes of the world have changed with the passing of time. To him all moments in time would be the same.

(20-02-2010 04:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle.

(from the post "Questions we'd like god to answer")
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
(11-03-2010 10:09 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 09:50 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Because the supreme court is the ultimate moral rulings, never to be challenged or disagreed with?

You need to tie the two things together. In Uganda, there is a draft bill making homosexuality punishable by death. Doesn't mean it's right, just (potentially) legal.

LOOK WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!!!!! That would never happen in a state or country that believed in the BIBLE. Because the Bible will give you the objective moral values. The bible will never say kill a homosexual, it will say that it is a sin, no different than any other sin. Here's some more rope for you agnostics, I wonder when I will be kicked off here for making sense and hanging the ignorant.

Uganda is 66% Christian. (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ug-u...-religion) The bible is also interpreted many different ways, and you have no place in saying what the entire worlds read, when reading the bible. A lot of people think that the bible does say to kill gay people, and if you disagree, then you need to take it up with them. The bill was proposed by a born-again Christian.

But that wasn't exactly point. I didn't mean to attack your religion, rather I was trying to point out that just because something is legal, doesn't mean that I should agree with it, or that it should be considered the right thing to do. The supreme court may say that that god in the pledge of alliance and on money is okay, just like people in in Uganda may say that homosexuals should be killed, that doesn't mean that I accept that moral.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
12-03-2010, 04:03 PM
*coughcherrypickingcough*

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM

(12-03-2010 03:41 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 10:09 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 09:50 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Because the supreme court is the ultimate moral rulings, never to be challenged or disagreed with?

You need to tie the two things together. In Uganda, there is a draft bill making homosexuality punishable by death. Doesn't mean it's right, just (potentially) legal.

LOOK WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!!!!! That would never happen in a state or country that believed in the BIBLE. Because the Bible will give you the objective moral values. The bible will never say kill a homosexual, it will say that it is a sin, no different than any other sin. Here's some more rope for you agnostics, I wonder when I will be kicked off here for making sense and hanging the ignorant.

Uganda is 66% Christian. (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ug-u...-religion) The bible is also interpreted many different ways, and you have no place in saying what the entire worlds read, when reading the bible. A lot of people think that the bible does say to kill gay people, and if you disagree, then you need to take it up with them. The bill was proposed by a born-again Christian.

But that wasn't exactly point. I didn't mean to attack your religion, rather I was trying to point out that just because something is legal, doesn't mean that I should agree with it, or that it should be considered the right thing to do. The supreme court may say that that god in the pledge of alliance and on money is okay, just like people in in Uganda may say that homosexuals should be killed, that doesn't mean that I accept that moral.

Ashely,

1- You need to do a little more research on the Uganda Bill. It is very much a cultural issue. The death penalty is for those who are HIV positive, or who engage in homosexual acts with anyone under 18. They also have dropped the death penalty part and made it life in prison. Raping a minor is punishable by death, and adultery is illegal. Sounds like their way of controlling AIDS.

2-http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/decemberweb-only/151-41.0.html?start=1

Read that article, American Christians are not for it. You site three wack jobs, but that is far cry from Christians. Homosexuality is not or should ever be a criminal activity, and there is no Biblical support for it being a criminal, no matter many verses this site quotes incorrectly. Do I think it is wrong? Yes, but as a sin it carries no more weight than any other sin.

3-This people of this country by vast majority, believe in a God. CBS news did a poll 82% believe in God, Newsweek poll said 94% who knows but is the majority by a large number. IT IS TIME FOR THE TAIL TO STOP WAGGING THE DOG.
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
(12-03-2010 05:21 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ashely,

1- You need to do a little more research on the Uganda Bill. It is very much a cultural issue. The death penalty is for those who are HIV positive, or who engage in homosexual acts with anyone under 18. They also have dropped the death penalty part and made it life in prison. Raping a minor is punishable by death, and adultery is illegal. Sounds like their way of controlling AIDS.

2-http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/decemberweb-only/151-41.0.html?start=1

Read that article, American Christians are not for it. You site three wack jobs, but that is far cry from Christians. Homosexuality is not or should ever be a criminal activity, and there is no Biblical support for it being a criminal, no matter many verses this site quotes incorrectly. Do I think it is wrong? Yes, but as a sin it carries no more weight than any other sin.

3-This people of this country by vast majority, believe in a God. CBS news did a poll 82% believe in God, Newsweek poll said 94% who knows but is the majority by a large number. IT IS TIME FOR THE TAIL TO STOP WAGGING THE DOG.

I can continue to debate this, but you have still completely and utter missed the point, and I would like to get back to it.

I will drop the Uganda example, and replace it with something that I should hope we have common ground on. During the first half of the nineteenth century in America, you could legally own a black person, they were not even legally people at that point in time. It was the law, and brutally legal. But that doesn't mean it was alright, or what I would consider moral. A lot of places have laws that I strongly disagree with, and even if they were passed in my own country, I wouldn't accept them as moral.

The point I want to make is very simple, and we have just gotten side tracked. Legality does not equal morality. If we passed a law saying it is illegal to practice Mormonism, then it would be illegal, but that would make the law right.

In the same way, the court ruling about god and our money only makes "In god we trust" legal to put on our money, but it doesn't mean it should be legal.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!