HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM

RE: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
People love to say BLACK SLAVES, what about White slavery that was here in the US and other countries. Slavery has been a part of the world, probably forever and some would argue still going on in some countries. The Bible talks about the treatment of slaves in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament. And it says that SLAVE TRADERS were listed among those that are ungodly and sinful in the same category as murders, adulterers and perverts, liars etc.

You can't make Mormonism illegal, 1st amendment. The majority of Americans believe in God, this country is not atheist. The tail can't wag the dog. That such a small percentage of Americans disagree with the term In God We Trust is meaningless.
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 07:22 PM
(12-03-2010 06:54 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  People love to say BLACK SLAVES, what about White slavery that was here in the US and other countries. Slavery has been a part of the world, probably forever and some would argue still going on in some countries. The Bible talks about the treatment of slaves in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament. And it says that SLAVE TRADERS were listed among those that are ungodly and sinful in the same category as murders, adulterers and perverts, liars etc.

You can't make Mormonism illegal, 1st amendment. The majority of Americans believe in God, this country is not atheist. The tail can't wag the dog. That such a small percentage of Americans disagree with the term In God We Trust is meaningless.

Lets just forget the bible, and all religions for a second. My point is very simple, and you have yet to acknowledge it.

Legality doesn't make morality.

That is all I am trying to say. I'm not discussing the plausibility for banning a religion or the bible's opinion on slavery. Those are just examples to show my point.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
(12-03-2010 05:21 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Homosexuality is not or should ever be a criminal activity

Funny. Your Bible says it is.

Quote:and there is no Biblical support for it being a criminal, no matter many verses this site quotes incorrectly.

Show how Leviticus 20:13 does not say that homosexuals should be put to death. Is this or is this not the book which is supposed to be the word of your god?

Quote:This people of this country by vast majority, believe in a God. CBS news did a poll 82% believe in God, Newsweek poll said 94% who knows but is the majority by a large number.

So what?
The vast majority of the country is Christian. This doesn't mean that Christianity is correct. It does nothing to tilt the first amendment in favor of Christianity. It does nothing to make this ruling constitutional.
The Constitution is impartial to all religions - which is to say that it doesn't care about any of them.

(12-03-2010 06:54 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  You can't make Mormonism illegal, 1st amendment. The majority of Americans believe in God, this country is not atheist. The tail can't wag the dog. That such a small percentage of Americans disagree with the term In God We Trust is meaningless.

That a large percentage of the country supports it does not mean that it is constitutional. You are committing argument ad populum on a ridiculous scale.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2010, 07:55 PM

(12-03-2010 07:43 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 05:21 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Homosexuality is not or should ever be a criminal activity

Quote:and there is no Biblical support for it being a criminal, no matter many verses this site quotes incorrectly.

Show how Leviticus 20:13 does not say that homosexuals should be put to death. Is this or is this not the book which is supposed to be the word of your god?

Quote:This people of this country by vast majority, believe in a God. CBS news did a poll 82% believe in God, Newsweek poll said 94% who knows but is the majority by a large number.

So what?
The vast majority of the country is Christian. This doesn't mean that Christianity is correct. It does nothing to tilt the first amendment in favor of Christianity. It does nothing to make this ruling constitutional.
The Constitution is impartial to all religions - which is to say that it doesn't care about any of them.

(12-03-2010 06:54 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  You can't make Mormonism illegal, 1st amendment. The majority of Americans believe in God, this country is not atheist. The tail can't wag the dog. That such a small percentage of Americans disagree with the term In God We Trust is meaningless.

That a large percentage of the country supports it does not mean that it is constitutional. You are committing argument ad populum on a ridiculous scale.

This site is called "the thinking atheist"-my belief is you are neither, but certainly not the thinking part. You have no clue about how to read the Bible and the purpose behind it, and even if I try and explain you don't have the brain for it. I said at THAT TIME that was the law, nothing to do with today. You are kind of a black hole for my brain cells you suck them out, anyway read it again and respond. I will not waste my time on any replying to post of yours that has blatant disregard for what I wrote.
(12-03-2010 07:43 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

So what?

Show me where it is unconstitutional from the first amendment and don't say separation of church and state because it is not in there.
12-03-2010, 08:14 PM

(12-03-2010 05:21 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 03:41 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 10:09 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 09:50 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Because the supreme court is the ultimate moral rulings, never to be challenged or disagreed with?

You need to tie the two things together. In Uganda, there is a draft bill making homosexuality punishable by death. Doesn't mean it's right, just (potentially) legal.

LOOK WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!!!!! That would never happen in a state or country that believed in the BIBLE. Because the Bible will give you the objective moral values. The bible will never say kill a homosexual, it will say that it is a sin, no different than any other sin. Here's some more rope for you agnostics, I wonder when I will be kicked off here for making sense and hanging the ignorant.

Uganda is 66% Christian. (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ug-u...-religion) The bible is also interpreted many different ways, and you have no place in saying what the entire worlds read, when reading the bible. A lot of people think that the bible does say to kill gay people, and if you disagree, then you need to take it up with them. The bill was proposed by a born-again Christian.

But that wasn't exactly point. I didn't mean to attack your religion, rather I was trying to point out that just because something is legal, doesn't mean that I should agree with it, or that it should be considered the right thing to do. The supreme court may say that that god in the pledge of alliance and on money is okay, just like people in in Uganda may say that homosexuals should be killed, that doesn't mean that I accept that moral.

Ashely,

1- You need to do a little more research on the Uganda Bill. It is very much a cultural issue. The death penalty is for those who are HIV positive, or who engage in homosexual acts with anyone under 18. They also have dropped the death penalty part and made it life in prison. Raping a minor is punishable by death, and adultery is illegal. Sounds like their way of controlling AIDS.

2-http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/decemberweb-only/151-41.0.html?start=1

Read that article, American Christians are not for it. You site three wack jobs, but that is far cry from Christians. Homosexuality is not or should ever be a criminal activity, and there is no Biblical support for it being a criminal, no matter many verses this site quotes incorrectly. Do I think it is wrong? Yes, but as a sin it carries no more weight than any other sin.

3-This people of this country by vast majority, believe in a God. CBS news did a poll 82% believe in God, Newsweek poll said 94% who knows but is the majority by a large number. IT IS TIME FOR THE TAIL TO STOP WAGGING THE DOG.

1 - there is a more humane way of stopping/slowing the spread of HIV and AIDS...it's called a CONDOM.

2 - stop referencing obvious Christian/religion-favoring web-sites. They are far from unbiased sources.

3 - that may be true in the U.S., but it is quickly changing. Also note, there are 1.1 billion people WORLDWIDE who are atheist/agnostic.

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Based on 2007 data, Christianity makes up only 78.5% of belief in the U.S., and Unaffiliated (including atheist/agnostic) makes up 16.1%, more than all other religions combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in...ted_States
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM

[/quote]

This site is called "the thinking atheist"-my belief is you are neither, but certainly not the thinking part. You have no clue about how to read the Bible and the purpose behind it, and even if I try and explain you don't have the brain for it. I said at THAT TIME that was the law, nothing to do with today. You are kind of a black hole for my brain cells you suck them out, anyway read it again and respond. I will not waste my time on any replying to post of yours that has blatant disregard for what I wrote.
[/quote]

But you do? You have studied the original documents that went into the bible? What qualifications do you have to come here and claim that YOUR interpretation of the bible holds any merrit?

As far as brains go, you have so far contradicted yourself, misquoted, claimed a work of fiction on TV as proof.

The bible clearly states that homosexuals are to be put to death. It clearly states in several passages how to manage slaves. It clearly states that women are inferior to men. There is NO way to deny these things.

If the bible is the inspired word of a God and demands to be taken into consideration then it cannot contradict itself as you are clearly stating. It cannot have one set of rules for a certain time period as God would have forseen the shifting of morals through time and would have dictated eternal morals. So eather God made a mistake or he did no see further than the time in which the book was writen in which case he is not God.

You can spin it in your head as much as you want and look to christian sites that spin it even further to cover their own ass and yours but it is plainly writen right there for anyone to see.... anyone who can see anyway.
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2010 10:06 PM by Unbeliever.)
(12-03-2010 07:55 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  This site is called "the thinking atheist"-my belief is you are neither, but certainly not the thinking part. You have no clue about how to read the Bible and the purpose behind it, and even if I try and explain you don't have the brain for it.

Blah blah blah ad hominem blah TROLLING. Either say something with some substance to it or don't say anything.

Quote:I said at THAT TIME that was the law, nothing to do with today.

And what makes it not the law today? Chapter and verse, please.

Quote:You are kind of a black hole for my brain cells you suck them out, anyway read it again and respond. I will not waste my time on any replying to post of yours that has blatant disregard for what I wrote.

If you think that I have misinterpreted your position, explain why. Don't just troll. If you want to make any headway here, you need to be willing to actually contribute something to the conversation, not just shout "WRONG!" and run away.

Quote:Show me where it is unconstitutional from the first amendment and don't say separation of church and state because it is not in there.

Yes, it is.

The First Amendment Wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Do you even bother to read the things you are referencing before you say stuff like this?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Many millions of people lived their lives believing that the earth was not only flat but at the center of the universe. Many more people lived their lives believing that sickness was caused by evil spirits and not tiny little organisms. And let's not count the number of people who think "Twilight" is a valid form of entertainment.

I don't care how many deluded Christians / Muslims / what-have-you there are in this world. It doesn't make their beliefs any more valid because they have a consensus.
13-03-2010, 04:26 PM
(13-03-2010 02:23 PM)Platypus Man Wrote:  And let's not count the number of people who think "Twilight" is a valid form of entertainment.

A thumbs up for saving a human mind from Meyers.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user