HELLBOUND Food for Thought: Suicide or Murder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2011, 11:55 AM

HELLBOUND Food for Thought: Suicide or Murder?
Hey Guys, I am new to the TTA forum. I’ll bore you with my bio and arrival to atheism later.

What I wanted to do today is start a sub-series (hopefully with the blessings of Seth and Xenu!) of my mental bullet points that usually piss my fundie friends off to no end. These ZINGERS are phrased in such a way that a 3rd grader (or Tea Party High School Graduate) could easily understand.

Today’s HELLBOUND FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

Suicide or Murder?

OK, so John 3:16 is basically the finest example of’ putting lipstick on a pig’ as it gets!

How?

Well, if you believe in the trinity..then God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost (J.C. and the Sunshine band..as I like to call them) are ONE. (remember the Xmas carol “God in 3 persons, blessed trinity).
SO if God sent himself to the cross in some rosy warped way of saving mankind…that’s textbook Suicide! SUICIDE!!!!!!!

NEXT..

If they are not fully trinitarily triplets..and God having the power to do anything….. allowed his birth son to be murdered (for ANY REASON) then is it not Involuntary Manslaughter? Or is that full on Voluntary Manslaughter? I can’t decide….

There really is NO OTHER way to explain this. It’s one of the two explanations.

After I toss then gem out there, AND the Xtian is still talking to me rationally…it usually puts a cog in their wheel and they end up arriving at the “God owns everything” or some hybrid argument that can’t be supported by the Bible or rational thought.

…and what is it with God and sons? Really? Had Abraham’s boy on the slab but could not commit…but when he had his own boy….hell, he premeditated it …as it was PROPHECY from the Old Testament (so we are told)!!! God had infinity to think about this before the earth was made..and that was the best solution he could fathom! Pure Genius!

Which then takes The Manslaughter charge to Premeditated Murder!!!!

So, next time someone lobs John 3:16 at you, why not ask such mind boggling questions about Suicide or Murder?

Dennis in Memphis
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
RE: HELLBOUND Food for Thought: Suicide or Murder?
Hey Dennis, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to say, Seth doesn't post on here (and I'm not even sure who Xenu is) but we're glad to have you anyways!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 02:12 PM

(12-09-2011 01:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey Dennis, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to say, Seth doesn't post on here (and I'm not even sure who Xenu is) but we're glad to have you anyways!

You dont know the good news about Xenu? Oh, you gotta google that one! :-)

Hopefully folks find my mindless musings intresting. My approach is pretty much a sharp stick in the eye method. Taking the flowery version of what most of us have been taught...and bend the prisim ever so slightly...reduce it down to simple english and watch the sparks fly!

So what does the TAA gang say? Murder or Suicide? Or did god simply have a Post Birth abortion?
12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
The fundie answer: "The Lord works in mysterious ways" or "God's ways are not our ways" or I have even heard from a theist on this forum that either A) God's morals are above ours and/or B) What is a sin changes with time and societies.

I agree with your points, and they make logical sense...but you can't really argue with the illogical beliefs.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-09-2011, 03:32 PM

(12-09-2011 03:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The fundie answer: "The Lord works in mysterious ways" or "God's ways are not our ways" or I have even heard from a theist on this forum that either A) God's morals are above ours and/or B) What is a sin changes with time and societies.

I agree with your points, and they make logical sense...but you can't really argue with the illogical beliefs.

If there is an argumet, its that gods morals are below ours!

Who among us has comitted mass murder?
Infancide?
Rape or Daterape?
Abandon our wives, kids, dads and moms to follow a guru?

If there is a lesson to be learned from the bible..its to NOT be christ/god like. By following GODS example..you are sure to get 99 to life without parole!

He's done NOTHING that deserves worship and praise!

Dennis
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Once again you will find little disagreement on this site, but trying to argue with the "The Lord works in mysterious ways" or the "God's ways are not our ways" arguments is pointless. The fact that such a being is unworthy of praise is lost on them.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2011 11:55 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Hey Guys, I am new to the TTA forum.

Hello Dennis in Memphis!

(12-09-2011 03:32 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Infancide? [sic]

Well ... The_observer does have some pretty good baby recipes around here somewhere ....

(12-09-2011 11:55 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Today’s HELLBOUND FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

Suicide or Murder?

OK, so John 3:16 is basically the finest example of’ putting lipstick on a pig’ as it gets!

There is an alternative explanation. The lesson here could be interpreted as I shouldn't get so attached to this life and experience and its inherent joys and suffering and sensations that I am unwilling to give it up at any cost. Because I am going to give it up sooner or later, no matter how reluctantly or willingly. And then I am not. And I feel no desire for it to be otherwise. As I was in the beginning so shall I be at the end - just not. Nothing more, nothing less. Best to start preparing for that inevitability sooner rather than later. And the thought that my existence should amount to something more than flyshit on the tapestry of history seems at best presumptuous to me, and at worse egomaniacal. Trying to avoid leaving skid marks on the underwear of history on my way out is the best I can hope for. That's my goal, to be that most rare and elusive of creatures, the no-wipe required turd. Admittedly realizing that really was a no-wipe required turd without first checking with at least a single wipe requires an act of faith. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-09-2011, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 10:36 AM by theophilus.)
(12-09-2011 11:55 AM)Denicio Wrote:  So, next time someone lobs John 3:16 at you, why not ask such mind boggling questions about Suicide or Murder?

It is neither suicide nor murder but love. The explanation is found in John 15:13,

Quote:Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

We are all guilty of sinning against God and because of his holiness God can't allow any sin to go unpunished. Because he loves us he has made a way for us to be forgiven by having someone else bear the penalty.

The objections you raised are irrelevant. God is completely different from us and the Trinity is unlike any relationship that we can observe so the human categories of murder or suicide simply don't apply to this situation.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2011, 10:35 AM
(13-09-2011 10:32 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 11:55 AM)Denicio Wrote:  So, next time someone lobs John 3:16 at you, why not ask such mind boggling questions about Suicide or Murder?

It is neither suicide nor murder but love. The explanation is found in John 15:13,

Quote:Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

We are all guilty of sinning against God and because of his holiness God can't allow any sin to go unpunished. Because he loves us he has made a way for us to be forgiven by having someone else bear the penalty.

Who created sin? If god is the creator of all things, then god created sin. If man created sin, god still created man, so god still created sin. If god knows all and knew what was going to happen before it happened, then he knowingly created man knowing they would create sin.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-09-2011, 10:59 AM

The objections you raised are irrelevant. God is completely different from us and the Trinity is unlike any relationship that we can observe so the human categories of murder or suicide simply don't apply to this situation.

Then by that definition....then Hitler was one of the biggest experessions of love the world has ever seen!
The Trinity is warped logic and math. To resign to 'god is different than us' is pure madness. He did make us in his own image. He expects us to follow these god rules..so the mind of god is QUITE like ours. He instructs us to act in ways that he can not even follow. Its lunacy. I once held your exact views, trying to force the pieces of the puzzle in such a way that it supported my faith.
2+2 does equal 4, ya know?. How can you justify that Rape, Murder and Suicide don't apply to god? When he clearly instructs us not to do these things (but does them repeatedly). You worship a bigger hypocrite than Ted Haggard. Don't you see this?
This whole 'Gods mind is not our mind' is a lame cop out.

Dennis

and for the record...god "GAVE" his son.

SO tonight, why not go home and "GIVE" your son? Just expect the bail to be over 100K !!

D