HELLO :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 09:40 PM
HELLO :)
Hello, my name is Brittney. I am almost finished with college. 1 semester away from being an elementary teacher. I have yet to meet another teacher who is an atheist. I am looking forward to meeting new people who share a love for science and knowledge. Anyone work in the public sector where you must tip toe around? I know we are not supposed to get fired due to religious views (and of course I will not use my position to preach my views) but one can not be sure.
Brittney
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: HELLO :)
(14-12-2012 09:40 PM)Brittney Wrote:  Hello, my name is Brittney. I am almost finished with college. 1 semester away from being an elementary teacher. I have yet to meet another teacher who is an atheist. I am looking forward to meeting new people who share a love for science and knowledge. Anyone work in the public sector where you must tip toe around? I know we are not supposed to get fired due to religious views (and of course I will not use my position to preach my views) but one can not be sure.
Brittney
Welcome.

You probably want to tread lightly as a teacher. However, schools in the U.S. are supposed to be secular.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah don't start teaching useful things to the kids, befkre you knkw it some crazy guy will be brandishing a gun and shouting about how you're trying to brainwash the kids.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
14-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Welcome!

I used to be a teacher myself. Awesome career choice Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]
15-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Welcome Smile
15-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I commend your career choice. I love kids, but ... well... I love one kid... mine... that is all. Good luck dealing with the kids. Though I find kids easier to deal with than parents. Good luck dealing with the parents.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
17-12-2012, 09:38 AM
my moms a primary school (elementary) teacher.

Prepare to have kids throw shit at you like no tomorrow. Chairs, books, pens just everything. If they can pick it up it will be thrown at you.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Really, truly.
[Image: baby_hulk-hogan.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]