HELP ME! Christmas shopping rush time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 01:08 PM by Adrianime.)
HELP ME! Christmas shopping rush time!
Ahhhh, just 2 weeks until Christmas and I have not done ANY shopping.

I have a huge family, but I only go get presents for about 20% of them. But this year I am stuck. It is my first year being completely 100% independent, and I just have no idea what anybody wants (that they don't already have). I have two presents in mind, for my Mom, and my gf, but everybody else is a huge question mark.

Here is my giftee list (the 20%):
-2 brothers
-5 sisters (although one sister is currently MIA, she won't contact anybody in the family or tell us where she lives)
-my brother's live-in gf and her son
-3 brother in laws
-Mom
-Dad
-Great Aunt
-6 nieces
-6 nephews
-GF

That's 28 people! Weeping

And honestly...I can't think of a single thing that people would appreciate. I'm considering just giving all of the kids money, and giving the adult siblings $30 gift cards. I used to be against giving monetary gifts, but I can't effing think of what to get these people Sad.

Anybody else going through this? Got any good ideas for little gifts that can accompany (or replace) gift cards? I'm considering maybe getting people mugs with their names on them or something.

Help me!

please..

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: HELP ME! Christmas shopping rush time!
a can of silly string for everyone.

seriously it will be fun.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
12-12-2013, 01:04 PM
(12-12-2013 01:03 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  a can of silly string for everyone.
Haha, my mom would kill me, or make me clean it all up since we are celebrating at her house.

12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
If I had a shopping list like that

I would become

an Atheist....

Nevermind.Blush

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
(12-12-2013 01:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Ahhhh, just 2 weeks until Christmas and I have not done ANY shopping.

I have a huge family, but I only go get presents for about 20% of them. But this year I am stuck. It is my first year being completely 100% independent, and I just have no idea what anybody wants (that they don't already have). I have two presents in mind, for my Mom, and my gf, but everybody else is a huge question mark.

Here is my giftee list (the 20%):
-2 brothers
-5 sisters (although one sister is currently MIA, she won't contact anybody in the family or tell us where she lives)
-my brother's live-in gf and her son
-3 brother in laws
-Mom
-Dad
-Great Aunt
-6 nieces
-6 nephews
-GF

That's 28 people! Weeping

And honestly...I can't think of a single thing that people would appreciate. I'm considering just giving all of the kids money, and giving the adult siblings $30 gift cards. I used to be against giving monetary gifts, but I can't effing think of what to get these people Sad.

Anybody else going through this? Got any good ideas for little gifts that can accompany gift cards? I'm considering maybe getting people mugs with their names on them or something.

Help me!

please..

Lottery tickets. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
(12-12-2013 01:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Lottery tickets. Yes
Hahahaha, damn, not a bad idea Consider. I wonder if I would feel jealous if they won Tongue.

12-12-2013, 01:24 PM
The sister that's MIA is probably MIA because of that ridiculous list.

Why don't you guys draw names or something? Crap, that's a lot of shopping.

A few years ago we starting drawing two names each. We don't even do that any more. Christmas just got to be too much stress. And as adults, if we want something we can get it ourselves.

As the grandkids came along it became about the kids, they got stuff.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2013, 01:26 PM
I vote for the Lottery tickets. That's too many people to buy for.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
(12-12-2013 01:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The sister that's MIA is probably MIA because of that ridiculous list.

Why don't you guys draw names or something? Crap, that's a lot of shopping.

A few years ago we starting drawing two names each. We don't even do that any more. Christmas just got to be too much stress. And as adults, if we want something we can get it ourselves.

As the grandkids came along it became about the kids, they got stuff.
We do a drawing with our extended family, but my mom handles all of that nonsense.

We did a drawing for the immediate family for a few years, but my immediate family has split up into like 4 factions that all have different issues with each other. The largest faction consists of me (I'm a free agent, I am part of all factions!), my 3 oldest sisters, their spouses, and my little brother (also a free agent).

After my oldest sister (the one who organized the name-drawing) moved across the country 2 years ago, we stopped doing name-drawing. And since there are so many factions, the smaller ones just don't have enough people in them for name drawing to make much sense.

Anyways, that's a bit of my history, sorry if that was confusing at all.

The kids get plenty from their parents. Honestly, if their parents wanted us to give them meaningful gifts they should have provided a list. Still, I want to get them something. I grew up never getting much attention from my aunts and uncles and always felt like they didn't care about me when I was younger (and honestly they probably didn't). I don't want my nieces and nephews to feel like that.

12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
So I've got giftcards and lotto tickets so far....any other ideas? Haha.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post