HH Dorje Chang Buddha III

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: HH Dorje Chang Buddha III
(03-07-2014 05:06 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Yes - blind assertions, not considering counter-arguments, acceptance of things on faith, loss of critical thinking, repetition of mantras in place of answers, a willingness to accept things on little or no evidence, use of scripture as proof, incoherence and a myriad of other things which I could list.

List the whole myriad, please. That's what I mean when I say "elaborate".

my answers, in order

Um, blind assertions, no.
Don't know what the second one means.
Yes, I accepted things on faith,
loss of critical thinking no, my presence here proves that,
never have said a mantra here, not sure if you know the definition.
Yes, I do accept things without evidence, that's why it's called faith.
Yes.
Incoherence, definitely not, your failure to look up unfamiliar words and terms doesn't make me incoherent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 09:13 PM
(03-07-2014 04:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm so lost. Buddhists believe in demons?

No, the Buddha did not claim belief in demons, unless you are using it metaphorically, such as "conquering one's own inner demons". Some Buddhist cultures believe in demons, but those are cultural beliefs, not Siddharta's teachings.

Live, Love, and Learn Smile
[+] 2 users Like Compassion4Life's post
03-07-2014, 09:19 PM
(03-07-2014 09:13 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm so lost. Buddhists believe in demons?

No, the Buddha did not claim belief in demons, unless you are using it metaphorically, such as "conquering one's own inner demons". Some Buddhist cultures believe in demons, but those are cultural beliefs, not Siddharta's teachings.

What he said!

Though, again, spirits (evil forces) are a very real influence in this Dharma Ending Age as we await Maitreya.
03-07-2014, 10:38 PM
(03-07-2014 09:19 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 09:13 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  No, the Buddha did not claim belief in demons, unless you are using it metaphorically, such as "conquering one's own inner demons". Some Buddhist cultures believe in demons, but those are cultural beliefs, not Siddharta's teachings.

What he said!

Though, again, spirits (evil forces) are a very real influence in this Dharma Ending Age as we await Maitreya.

Um, no, asshole. There IS NO "dharma ending age". Unless you want to count the bastardization of the Buddha's teachings by Brahmin idiots like abhidhammists, mahayanists, and vajryawoowooists like you.

The Buddha never taught such horseshit, EVER.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-07-2014, 10:43 PM
(03-07-2014 04:46 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:42 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Yeah - you're not a Buddhist - well done.

Why are you doing this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but these remarks to my explanations that force me to ask for elaboration are intent to demean and insult me, while I've been very friendly.

No, they are meant to call you on your spouting a load of horseshit.

Quote:Again, could you please elaborate why you feel I'm not a Buddhist?

Because you are spouting a bunch of horseshit woo that has nothing whatsoever to do with, and is in fact the very antithesis, of the Buddha's teachings. Facepalm

03-07-2014, 10:48 PM
(03-07-2014 04:53 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:49 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I could do that yes - it would in fact be truer to say that you are not representative of Buddhism and indeed I'd argue that your form of Tibetan Buddhism is a separate religion.

God, Why couldn't you've just said that... anyway.

It is within the same religion,

No, it's not. It is Bon and animism and several local, regional, and nationalistic superstitions, with a microscopic sprinkle of Buddhist teachings as a micro-thin veneer. You retards even claim that your religion is superior to mahayanist superstitions AND to the Buddha's own teachings. How utterly arrogant.

Quote:but is just yet another of the many, many sects. It's why Buddhism is so confusing.

Why it's so confusing is because idiots like you and your vajryawoowoomeisters and superstitious mahayanists falsely claim that YOUR superstitious horseshit is "Buddhism".

Quote:The International Sangha Association is one congress, and in no way completely Ecumenical, but i trust the board members, and I've come to trust HH Dorje Chang Buddha III.

Yeah, and over 900 People's Temple members trusted Jim Jones, too. Facepalm

Quote:I didn't give him my mind blindly.

Yes, you most OBVIOUSLY do.

03-07-2014, 10:53 PM
(03-07-2014 05:01 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Not a surprise you think that, humans used to think that things like good and evil were spirits and that choices of doing "good" and "evil" come from the heart. In reality they are subjective feelings that come from the human brain.

The spirits that historical Buddhas have defeated, were really just negative feelings that detract from enlightenment.

I love how you woowallowers try to jump between claiming that mythical figures are real and that they are allegorical. Fucking tapdancing all damn day.

Quote:The demons HH Dorje Chang Buddha III defeated on Route 66 could have been more "real", because of the Dharma Ending Age and the unprecedented arrival of the Vajarahda.

^^^LIKE THIS. Facepalm

[Image: snakeoil.jpg]

03-07-2014, 11:00 PM
(03-07-2014 05:14 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 05:06 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Yes - blind assertions, not considering counter-arguments, acceptance of things on faith, loss of critical thinking, repetition of mantras in place of answers, a willingness to accept things on little or no evidence, use of scripture as proof, incoherence and a myriad of other things which I could list.

my answers, in order

Did you forget this:

Musāvādā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi.

I undertake the training rule to abstain from false speech.

Quote:Don't know what the second one means.

That is clear.

Quote:Yes, I accepted things on faith,

Facepalm

Quote:loss of critical thinking no, my presence here proves that,

Did you forget this:

Quote:never have said a mantra here, not sure if you know the definition.

His point is that you are resorting meaningless word salad in an effort to dodge his questions.

Quote:Yes, I do accept things without evidence, that's why it's called faith.

Facepalm

Quote:[use of scripture as proof]
Yes.

Facepalm
You have already been advised that scripture is not proof of anything.

Did you forget this:

Quote:Incoherence, definitely not, your failure to look up unfamiliar words and terms doesn't make me incoherent.

These terms are not unfamiliar to me. You are attempting to dodge direct inquiry by retreating into your web of superstitios mumbo-jumbospeak, in hopes of baffling posters here with bullshit. But you fucked up here, because there are several members here who are VERY familiar with the Buddha's teachings, and with your idiotic religion's nonsensical tenets, superstitions, rituals, and batshittery.

Did you forget this:

04-07-2014, 12:58 AM
(03-07-2014 05:14 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  

my answers, in order

Don't know what the second one means.
Yes, I accepted things on faith,
loss of critical thinking no, my presence here proves that,
never have said a mantra here, not sure if you know the definition.
Yes, I do accept things without evidence, that's why it's called faith.
Yes.
Incoherence, definitely not, your failure to look up unfamiliar words and terms doesn't make me incoherent.

Rinpoche, I respect your right to your cultural beliefs, but things like faith are the exact opposite of the Buddha's teachings. The Buddha taught that the only way we find truth in anything is to question it until we can't question it anymore, because truth will always stand up to any kind of questioning. He even told his students to question his own teachings. This is how we gain knowledge and separate truth from fiction. Accepting something on faith - especially to do so on the grounds of superstitious beliefs - is to go completely against his teachings.

Live, Love, and Learn Smile
[+] 5 users Like Compassion4Life's post
04-07-2014, 05:50 AM
(02-07-2014 02:36 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 02:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ProTip: posting a URL for a fucking BOOK isn't citing evidence.

Facepalm

So you'll be happy to post a video of it happening. Here's the rock before your gawd-boy walks on it, here's your gawd-boy's feet walking on the rock and creating the impressions, and here's the rock afterword. Hell, you could do it live on fucking Oprah. Make a gazillion dollars for your cult.

Drinking Beverage

Here's some photographic evidence for other miracles.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III was taking pictures with some disciples.

When he clicked his camera, a phenomenon occured:

It's small, but you can zoom in. It shows one side of the mountain completely dark, and one completely white.

As a photographer, I can tell you that that is the result of a sticky lens aperture blade.

You are really, really gullible. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post