HH Dorje Chang Buddha III

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: HH Dorje Chang Buddha III
(02-07-2014 03:10 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 02:57 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  If you read the book, you'll see photographic evidence and signed testimonies are provided. And I found a good online version, for anyone who wants it.

http://www.highestbuddhistmasters.org/en...fnt000.htm

And Sakyamuni Buddha defeated demons, like Mara beneath the Bodhi, when he died lotus blossoms fell from the sky, and when he was born he said,

"I am chief of the world,
Eldest am I in the world,
Foremost am I in the world.
This is the last birth.
There is now no more coming to be."

Have you read ANY Buddhist texts, or did you just google "Buddha Quotes"
Drinking Beverage

Yes, of course, because photos and testimonies have been used to give false evidence.

I have read a large amount of the Discourses. Can you point to me where in the Discourses the Buddha claimed to have performed magic?

Ok!

SOURCE: http://www.sacred-texts.com/journals/oc/cabgb.htm

"'Ânanda, when the Bodhisat leaves his mother's womb, he leaves it quite clean, undefiled with matter or blood, but pure, clean, and undefiled by any impurity. As in the case of a gem or a jewel, Ânanda, laid in Benâres cloth, the gem or jewel does not defile the shining2 cloth at all, nor the Benâres cloth the jewel or the gem (and why?--because they both are pure): even so, Ânanda, when the Bodhisat leaves his mother's womb, he leaves it quite clean, undefiled with matter or blood, but pure, clean, and undefiled by any impurity."

Then a few lines later

'Ânanda, the new-born Bodhisat stands sheer upright on his feet, walks northwards with a seven-paced stride, holding3 over himself a white canopy, and looking forth in all directions utters the bull-like speech: "I am the chief of the universe, I am the best in the universe, I am the eldest in the universe. This is my last existence: I shall now be born no more!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Rolleyes Christ.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-07-2014, 03:17 PM
(02-07-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes Christ.

*Buddha Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Rinpoche's post
02-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I'll give you credit for being able to laugh at yourself though Smile Well done for that. Not so many people can, and *most* religious people are extremely dreary in that regard.

[edit] Ah, I do apologise - I had forgotten that you had introduced yourself as atheist. Just the weirdo stuff you're throwing around makes my god-boy sensors go off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
(02-07-2014 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'll give you credit for being able to laugh at yourself though Smile Well done for that. Not so many people can, and *most* religious people are extremely dreary in that regard.

[edit] Ah, I do apologise - I had forgotten that you had introduced yourself as atheist. Just the weirdo stuff you're throwing around makes my god-boy sensors go off.

Ah, it's just Buddhism. Nothing to be afraid of. I'm afraid I'll confuse people, so I'm staying off this thread unless there's a good reason.
02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
(02-07-2014 08:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Although, I have to say... that is an impressive comb-over.

Gotta be a wig.
Ooommm.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
(02-07-2014 05:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 08:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Although, I have to say... that is an impressive comb-over.

Gotta be a wig.
Ooommm.

I admitted it on like page 2. Do you even archive? Tongue
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM
(02-07-2014 02:36 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 02:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ProTip: posting a URL for a fucking BOOK isn't citing evidence.

Facepalm

So you'll be happy to post a video of it happening. Here's the rock before your gawd-boy walks on it, here's your gawd-boy's feet walking on the rock and creating the impressions, and here's the rock afterword. Hell, you could do it live on fucking Oprah. Make a gazillion dollars for your cult.

Drinking Beverage

Here's some photographic evidence for other miracles.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III was taking pictures with some disciples.

When he clicked his camera, a phenomenon occured:

It's small, but you can zoom in. It shows one side of the mountain completely dark, and one completely white.

You call THAT a "miracle"?

[Image: rolling-eyes-gif-400.gif]

I call fucking POE.

[Image: Poe-Boy-From-A-Poe-Family-T-Shirt-(8385).jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
02-07-2014, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 05:55 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(02-07-2014 02:57 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  And Sakyamuni Buddha defeated demons, like Mara beneath the Bodhi,

That is a fable, a Jataka tale, a made-up story to enthrall children.

Quote: when he died lotus blossoms fell from the sky,

[citation needed]

PS: No, that didn't happen at all.

Quote: and when he was born he said,

"I am chief of the world,
Eldest am I in the world,
Foremost am I in the world.
This is the last birth.
There is now no more coming to be."

No, that didn't happen at all.

Quote:Have you read ANY Buddhist texts, or did you just google "Buddha Quotes"
Drinking Beverage

I have read and studied most of the Majjhima and Samyutta Nikayas (several translations of each) , and have full copies of all but the Anguttara (and have read much of that).

Have YOU, Sirrah, read any BUDDHIST texts?

(02-07-2014 03:00 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 02:58 PM)Leo Wrote:  Are you familiar with the nikayas ?

Yes, I have read some of them,

Apparently not. Perhaps you have read a SUTTA or two -- and yes, let's see which ones you claim to have read -- but there is no reading "some" Nikayas.

Quote: though most of my memory resides in the Nirvana Sutta and Parinirvana Sutta.

--Neither of which is a teaching of the Buddha.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-07-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 11:09 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(02-07-2014 03:14 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 03:10 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  Yes, of course, because photos and testimonies have been used to give false evidence.

I have read a large amount of the Discourses. Can you point to me where in the Discourses the Buddha claimed to have performed magic?

Ok!

SOURCE: http://www.sacred-texts.com/journals/oc/cabgb.htm

"'Ânanda, when the Bodhisat leaves his mother's womb, he leaves it quite clean, undefiled with matter or blood, but pure, clean, and undefiled by any impurity. As in the case of a gem or a jewel, Ânanda, laid in Benâres cloth, the gem or jewel does not defile the shining2 cloth at all, nor the Benâres cloth the jewel or the gem (and why?--because they both are pure): even so, Ânanda, when the Bodhisat leaves his mother's womb, he leaves it quite clean, undefiled with matter or blood, but pure, clean, and undefiled by any impurity."

Then a few lines later

'Ânanda, the new-born Bodhisat stands sheer upright on his feet, walks northwards with a seven-paced stride, holding3 over himself a white canopy, and looking forth in all directions utters the bull-like speech: "I am the chief of the universe, I am the best in the universe, I am the eldest in the universe. This is my last existence: I shall now be born no more!"

This is Ananda telling the story and not the Buddha. Ananda was well-known for wild, exaggerated story-telling, and even up to the end admitted that he did not get the Buddha's teachings.

When the Buddha spoke of his qualities in this sutta, he kept it strictly to his own teachings, which are entirely ordinary and un-magical:

22. “That being so, Ānanda, remember this too as a wonderful and marvelous quality of the Tathāgata: Here, Ānanda, for the Tathāgata feelings are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear; perceptions are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear; thoughts are known as they arise, as they are present, as they disappear. Remember this too, Ānanda, as a wonderful and marvelous quality of the Tathāgata.”

http://www.yellowrobe.com/component/cont...llous.html

And BTW, none of the claimed events constitute "magic".

MN 123 follows a patter that is quite familiar in allegorical sections of the Samyutta Nikayas, particularly the Books on Devas and such, in which a mythical character is portrayed as appearing before the Buddha and spouting various woo, and the Buddha stops them short with something out of his own teachings. These are morality tales, and MN123 does precisdely the same thing: Ananda is spouting all this clearly woo-woo bullshit about the Buddha, and the Buddha corrects him by pointing to HIS TEACHINGS.

Of course, it's unlikely you ever got to the last paragraph of the sutta, which is where this occurs in the pattern of suttas like this.

There is discussion of the various "stratas" inn the Suttas -- essentially a bastardization of the teachings that occurred over time -- here:

http://www.leighb.com/palisuttas.htm

The very last line in the sutta is a dead giveaway that this is not a teaching of the Buddha:

That is what the venerable Ānanda said. The Teacher approved. The bhikkhus were satisfied and delighted in the venerable Ānanda’s words.

"The Teacher" -- who the fuck is this "Teacher". It's certainly not the Buddha, or it would have said "The Blessed One approved." This "Teacher" comes in in later (long after the Buddha's death), woo-filled bastardized suttas.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post