HH Dorje Chang Buddha III

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
03-07-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: HH Dorje Chang Buddha III
You asked for scriptural evidence and I delivered.

And nowhere have I asserted that HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is a God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 04:06 PM
(03-07-2014 04:02 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  You asked for scriptural evidence and I delivered.

And nowhere have I asserted that HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is a God.

You have missed the point - we assert that scriptural evidence is not evidence. If you use that argument then surely you must accept the word of the Bible, Qur'an, Torah or Book of Mormon.
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
03-07-2014, 04:15 PM
(02-07-2014 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Love how you guys come here and basically announce proudly "Hello, I'm a fruitcake". Welcome to the forums, new fruitcake guy, as long as you're not an angry fruitcake I think we can get on fine Smile

Roflol I love you Heart

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
(03-07-2014 04:06 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  You have missed the point - we assert that scriptural evidence is not evidence. If you use that argument then surely you must accept the word of the Bible, Qur'an, Torah or Book of Mormon.

Well, the Bible Quran and Torah are ridiculous, and contain no wisdom that cannot be gained elsewhere in Buddhism. I found so much wisdom in the Buddhist exposure I received that the rest of the scriptures considered more fantastical was easily acceptable.
03-07-2014, 04:23 PM
(03-07-2014 04:17 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:06 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  You have missed the point - we assert that scriptural evidence is not evidence. If you use that argument then surely you must accept the word of the Bible, Qur'an, Torah or Book of Mormon.

Well, the Bible Quran and Torah are ridiculous, and contain no wisdom that cannot be gained elsewhere in Buddhism. I found so much wisdom in the Buddhist exposure I received that the rest of the scriptures considered more fantastical was easily acceptable.

Why do you not apply the same level of critique to your own texts?

What would have to happen for you to question them?
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
03-07-2014, 04:36 PM
(03-07-2014 04:23 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Why do you not apply the same level of critique to your own texts?

1)
Because I was already a Buddhist, and I was stating that any belief, such as resistance to temptation, enlightenment, or asceticism found in a text such as the Bible, is found better described and in more elaboration in the Suttas. After I was Buddhist, The Treasury of True Buddha Dharma captivated my attention because of the "What is cultivation?" discourse. That, and the Golden Vase ceremony proving the Tathagata's coming.

2)
If it were something like Master Wan Ko raping someone, or murdering someone, though I would need alot of proof to make sure it wasn't the ignorance and stupidity of demons, that would make me seriously reconsider him. For Buddhism as a whole, if a new discovery would be made that seriously discredits the Buddha beyond doubt, though again I would have to be very thorough in this Dharma-Ending Age.
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm so lost. Buddhists believe in demons?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
(03-07-2014 04:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm so lost. Buddhists believe in demons?

Evil spirits. Demons. Bad forces of nature. Yes, we do.
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM
(03-07-2014 04:36 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:23 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Why do you not apply the same level of critique to your own texts?

1)
Because I was already a Buddhist, and I was stating that any belief, such as resistance to temptation, enlightenment, or asceticism found in a text such as the Bible, is found better described and in more elaboration in the Suttas. After I was Buddhist, The Treasury of True Buddha Dharma captivated my attention because of the "What is cultivation?" discourse. That, and the Golden Vase ceremony proving the Tathagata's coming.

2)
If it were something like Master Wan Ko raping someone, or murdering someone, though I would need alot of proof to make sure it wasn't the ignorance and stupidity of demons, that would make me seriously reconsider him. For Buddhism as a whole, if a new discovery would be made that seriously discredits the Buddha beyond doubt, though again I would have to be very thorough in this Dharma-Ending Age.
Yeah - you're not a Buddhist - well done.
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM
(03-07-2014 04:41 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I'm so lost. Buddhists believe in demons?

Evil spirits. Demons. Bad forces of nature. Yes, we do.

No - not all Buddhists do
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post