HI. I'm new here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2016, 05:31 AM
HI. I'm new here.
I don't have much time to introduce myself. I'm at work. I'm Ed. I live in Michigan. I started calling myself an atheist a couple of years ago. I have a lot of religious family members. All Christians to some degree. I have one cousin is can talk to but mostly I keep it to myself. Other family members know I'm an atheist but it is usually an avoided conversation. My wife is also Christian. She really avoids any conversation about religion.
Anyways, I'll look around the forums here. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2016, 05:40 AM
RE: HI. I'm new here.
Likewise. Welcome to TTA.

Smile

12-01-2016, 05:46 AM
Hello! Big Grin
12-01-2016, 06:08 AM
(12-01-2016 05:31 AM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I don't have much time to introduce myself. I'm at work. I'm Ed. I live in Michigan. I started calling myself an atheist a couple of years ago. I have a lot of religious family members. All Christians to some degree. I have one cousin is can talk to but mostly I keep it to myself. Other family members know I'm an atheist but it is usually an avoided conversation. My wife is also Christian. She really avoids any conversation about religion.
Anyways, I'll look around the forums here. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome!

You can be a religious atheist. That will teach 'em.
12-01-2016, 06:12 AM
Welcome! You'll find lots of people to talk to here. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-01-2016, 06:15 AM
My Beloved is also a Christian. We recently had our second child together. Our first son is 9.

However, I have the advantage in that she's an evolutionary biologist, and is as disgusted with fundamentalism as I am.

I definitely feel your pain, as both my family and hers are extremely religious.

Welcome to the forum. Hope we can provide the escape from the madness that you'll need to retain some sanity. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Welcome, Ed. There is a thread for deconversion stories if you are interested in sharing tales of your journey to the light of reason.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2016, 06:41 AM
(12-01-2016 05:31 AM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I don't have much time to introduce myself. I'm at work. I'm Ed. I live in Michigan. I started calling myself an atheist a couple of years ago. I have a lot of religious family members. All Christians to some degree. I have one cousin is can talk to but mostly I keep it to myself. Other family members know I'm an atheist but it is usually an avoided conversation. My wife is also Christian. She really avoids any conversation about religion.

Welcome from a fellow Michigander!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-01-2016, 06:49 AM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
12-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the Monkey House. I was born in Michigan,but 70 years ago! I now live on a tropical island!