HIV vaccine trials begin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: HIV vaccine trials begin
(06-09-2013 08:12 AM)I and I Wrote:  it's a picture of something, well thats all the evidence I need...

Drinking Beverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2FGC2ZTlY

Fine, you put your trust in youtube videos and conspiracy theories.

Carry on with your paranoia.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
(05-09-2013 09:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Looks like you have to already have been infected, so I imagine the risk is minimal as compared to healthy individuals. So volunteers shouldn't be hard to come by.

Wait, it's a talk about vaccines, so it's for healthy people that are to be protected from contamination.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok... not to derail the thread... but, I admittedly have not read a ton of threads here. Is IandI sincere or just the greatest troll of all time?

As for the thread topic, sounds great. Hopefully will get us that much closer to a cure.
06-09-2013, 08:19 PM
(06-09-2013 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 08:12 AM)I and I Wrote:  it's a picture of something, well thats all the evidence I need...

Drinking Beverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2FGC2ZTlY

Fine, you put your trust in youtube videos and conspiracy theories.

Carry on with your paranoia.

It's a documentary that was made then years later someone loaded it to YouTube dumbass. You can watch cnn updates on YouTube.
06-09-2013, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 09:09 PM by DeepThought.)
(06-09-2013 04:33 PM)darv Wrote:  Ok... not to derail the thread... but, I admittedly have not read a ton of threads here. Is IandI sincere or just the greatest troll of all time?

As for the thread topic, sounds great. Hopefully will get us that much closer to a cure.

IandI is a weird hybridized bastard strain between an ignoramus consiracy theorist and a troll. HIV denialism is just one item in a long line of retarded shit he believes.
Next we'll probably discover he's been a lifetime member of the flat earth society.

I hope the vaccine works. Either way we will learn something from it. We a long overdue for some progress.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
06-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Deep. Always nice to know which posts on a forum I should take with a grain of salt. Smile

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
(06-09-2013 06:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  what causes immune deficiency? oh yeah, that HIV virus that nobody has been able to isolate and photograph.

Drinking Beverage Go 80's scare mongering.

Right.
And all those independent labs all over the world, that report CD-4 counts on all those patients that just "happen" to be low, on all the exact same patients who just happen to test positive for HIV, by other independent labs, confirmed by another set of different independent labs, and just happen to have low CD-4 counts all over the world are ALL engaged in a gigantic conspiracy to keep the truth from I and I, and not one lab tech has happened to mention the conspiracy, and not one professor of Infectious Diseases, (who would get a Nobel for revealing the fraud), has thought to mention it.
Alrighty dighty.
Makes perfect sense.

Fucking clown.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
(06-09-2013 06:38 AM)I and I Wrote:  what causes immune deficiency? oh yeah, that HIV virus that nobody has been able to isolate and photograph.

Drinking Beverage Go 80's scare mongering.

I'd expect nothing less from a conspiratorial nutjob. No
10-09-2013, 03:31 PM
(05-09-2013 09:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01546818

Trials for an HIV vaccine have begun. Go SCIENCE!
I didn't expect that. Last time I heard, HIV is impossible to eliminate by vaccine, because it mutates so fast. When scientists take a virus from one person, prepare the vaccine and give it back to him, the virus already underwent several mutations, so it's almost a different virus.
Furthermore, it has a nasty habit of getting into all kinds of tissues and cells and hiding there, backing itself up. Perhaps even nerve cells, like herpes, I don't know.
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
(10-09-2013 03:31 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 09:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01546818

Trials for an HIV vaccine have begun. Go SCIENCE!
I didn't expect that. Last time I heard, HIV is impossible to eliminate by vaccine, because it mutates so fast. When scientists take a virus from one person, prepare the vaccine and give it back to him, the virus already underwent several mutations, so it's almost a different virus.
Furthermore, it has a nasty habit of getting into all kinds of tissues and cells and hiding there, backing itself up. Perhaps even nerve cells, like herpes, I don't know.

Apparently this pharmaceutical firm has yielded promising results with this formula.

Clinical trials will have to validate this, though.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade