HIdden chamber found in Cheops´ Pyramid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: HIdden chamber found in Cheops´ Pyramid
My vote goes to "it is slightly downward-sloping" and " it was the latrine facility for the men who built the pyramid". If they drill into it from below, they might want to do it on the upward end.
Drinking Beverage

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:30 PM by Deltabravo.)
I get "suggestions" on Youtube of videos about pyramids all over the world. The general theme of these is that they are much older than is supposed. A lot of the videos are about Inca and Mayan stone buildings which seem to require technologies which no one can explain.

One theory of the Great Pyramid is that it's some kind of power generation plant because it looks like a nuclear reactor.

An interesting theory which is less bonkers but has little support is that after the Romans conquered Carthage, the Carthaginians, who controlled much of North Africa and the Mediterranean, set up shop for a while in Mallorca and then sailed off to South America and it's them that built all these stone structures. This would explain why much of the construction and iconography is vaguely reminiscent of Egypt.

I also read somewhere that when Columbus was researching his expedition to sail west to the Orient, he visited Bristol and talked to sailors there who had discovered what they described as a big island which they called "Brazil". It's a funny thing that I lived in Bristol and the old timers call the city "Brizzle". https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brizzle

I think there's also a theory about trade between the Americas and Ancient Egypt because they found tobacco in one of the Egyptian mummies. http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-hist...rld-001025

This is a very strange thought. I had a house in Mallorca for 10 years and my wife and I went for a drive one day and ended up in the back streets of a small town in the north east of the island where we parked up. We found ourselves surrounded by what looked like South American Indians. It was really freaky. They were riding around on bicycles and poorly dressed, with long hair. I was really taken aback and it was quite scary, to be honest. I asked my wife what she thought about these people and she said she'd been told that this was some sort of sub-class of people who lived on the island and they just looked like that. I've not been able to find any reference anywhere to these people and I never asked anyone about it. Odd. You get that in the Med. Here, at the eastern end, you think everyone should be dark skinned and then you find people with blue eyes and people with red hair who they refer to as "Izzy" after Jesus.
06-12-2017, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 06:40 AM by BikerDude.)
I watched an show about it on History channel.
The new room was actually where a counterbalance slid down from the top pulling the very large slabs into place that are on top of the main burial chamber. Ropes went up over the top and down the other side. By attaching the ropes to the slabs you could reduce the amount of work needed to push them up into place.
If you look at the image that someone else posted the King's chamber has a series of large slabs on top of it and 2 of them angled.
These were used to spread the weight of the rest of the pyramid above it so that the burial chamber could have a flat ceiling.
The weight of the slabs necessitated the use of a counterbalance to pull them into place.
This is why the room is so high and slender. It wasn't so much a room as a tool.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
06-12-2017, 07:01 AM
(06-12-2017 06:34 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I watched an show about it on History channel.
The new room was actually where a counterbalance slid down from the top pulling the very large slabs into place that are on top of the main burial chamber. Ropes went up over the top and down the other side. By attaching the ropes to the slabs you could reduce the amount of work needed to push them up into place.
If you look at the image that someone else posted the King's chamber has a series of large slabs on top of it and 2 of them angled.
These were used to spread the weight of the rest of the pyramid above it so that the burial chamber could have a flat ceiling.
The weight of the slabs necessitated the use of a counterbalance to pull them into place.
This is why the room is so high and slender. It wasn't so much a room as a tool.

I saw that show. It wasn't the new space they were talking about. It was the Grand Gallery. The new space is above the Grand Gallery.

[Image: 18_edgar.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
06-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Or at least that's what Big Regular Solid wants us to think. Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2017, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 10:00 AM by Deltabravo.)
I've solved the question which has baffled great thinkers for thousands of years: how did people move these very big stones. Some say it is through some technology which we have lost while others say it is a sign of aliens.

I have to say, I'm very proud of myself on this one because, not only have I found the real truth of the matter but it was sublimely easy to figure out.

All I did was google "how do you move very big stones?" and, hey presto, this is what the answer is (prepare to be amazed):
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/N2I8ZV7btUY/hqdefault.jpg
06-12-2017, 10:32 AM
(06-12-2017 09:52 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I've solved the question which has baffled great thinkers for thousands of years: how did people move these very big stones. Some say it is through some technology which we have lost while others say it is a sign of aliens.

I have to say, I'm very proud of myself on this one because, not only have I found the real truth of the matter but it was sublimely easy to figure out.

All I did was google "how do you move very big stones?" and, hey presto, this is what the answer is (prepare to be amazed):
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/N2I8ZV7btUY/hqdefault.jpg
I see you're very impressed with yourself, but why is not at all clear.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Where is Zahi Hawass when we need him?

He loves talking about "pyramidiots."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
06-12-2017, 12:20 PM
(06-12-2017 07:01 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I saw that show. It wasn't the new space they were talking about. It was the Grand Gallery. The new space is above the Grand Gallery.

I stand corrected.
The new one is for Keith Richards when he finally kicks.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]