HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 12:22 PM
HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fede...and-smoke/

The federal government has proposed banning smoking in public housing.

Good idea, or government out of control???

To any that think it won't happen - it's happened in prisons, in military installations, and in public places such as restaurants and bars.

Do you think HUD will get it's proposed ban?

Should they?

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing
I agree, I dislike smoking in general, but smoke if you want, whatever. However, I don't like it when your choice to smoke makes it difficult for those around you to breathe or have clean air, especially in the property that they live in.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-11-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't mind bans on smoking in public housing. Smoking increases the expense of maintenance. My wife and I have owned a number of rental houses and we have never banned smokers. However, when a smoker moves out, we have to have the walls scrubbed, and sometimes painted, and occasionally we've had to rip out and replace the carpet and drapes before any non-smoker would rent it. Sometimes, the most thorough professional cleaning won't do it. That gets pricey. [We are getting out of that business. Our last rental house is up for sale and once it is gone, we will no longer own rental houses.] I smoked for many years and I found it very easy, even in the dead of winter, to go out on the deck to smoke.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
12-11-2015, 07:14 PM
From what I can tell, enforcement will be tricky. For now it looks like they're counting on people ratting on their neighbors/roomies.