HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 12:22 PM
HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fede...and-smoke/

The federal government has proposed banning smoking in public housing.

Good idea, or government out of control???

To any that think it won't happen - it's happened in prisons, in military installations, and in public places such as restaurants and bars.

Do you think HUD will get it's proposed ban?

Should they?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: HUD proposes smoking ban in public housing
I agree, I dislike smoking in general, but smoke if you want, whatever. However, I don't like it when your choice to smoke makes it difficult for those around you to breathe or have clean air, especially in the property that they live in.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-11-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't mind bans on smoking in public housing. Smoking increases the expense of maintenance. My wife and I have owned a number of rental houses and we have never banned smokers. However, when a smoker moves out, we have to have the walls scrubbed, and sometimes painted, and occasionally we've had to rip out and replace the carpet and drapes before any non-smoker would rent it. Sometimes, the most thorough professional cleaning won't do it. That gets pricey. [We are getting out of that business. Our last rental house is up for sale and once it is gone, we will no longer own rental houses.] I smoked for many years and I found it very easy, even in the dead of winter, to go out on the deck to smoke.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
12-11-2015, 07:14 PM
From what I can tell, enforcement will be tricky. For now it looks like they're counting on people ratting on their neighbors/roomies.