HaHaHa Assassin's Creed Syndicate HaHaHa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: HaHaHa Assassin's Creed Syndicate HaHaHa
(04-11-2015 01:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 01:08 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  No they didn't.

No splitscreen http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2...tbreaking/

And that isn't multiplayer somehow because....?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 04:57 PM
(04-11-2015 04:44 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 01:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No splitscreen http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2...tbreaking/

And that isn't multiplayer somehow because....?

It's a little hard to play with a friend online if you've only one machine between you.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-11-2015, 04:59 PM
(04-11-2015 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:44 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  And that isn't multiplayer somehow because....?

It's a little hard to play with a friend online if you've only one machine between you.

Multi=more than 1.
Split screen=more than 1.

Online is not the only way to have multiplayer.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
04-11-2015, 05:03 PM
(04-11-2015 04:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's a little hard to play with a friend online if you've only one machine between you.

Multi=more than 1.

I'd argue online is not the best way to do multiplayer. It is cheaper though. The demand for local multiplayer is still there (why do you think the Super Smash Bros games are always instant hits) but it requires additional coding. Game companies are going to cut features if they can and local multiplayer is often the first to go.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
(04-11-2015 04:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's a little hard to play with a friend online if you've only one machine between you.

Multi=more than 1.

Hold up; we're talking about a game with no split-screen or LAN support, and you're going to maintain that it can be played multiplayer without being online?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-11-2015, 05:44 PM
(04-11-2015 05:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Multi=more than 1.

Hold up; we're talking about a game with no split-screen or LAN support, and you're going to maintain that it can be played multiplayer without being online?

All I know is that this trainwreck is well and truly derailed. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-11-2015, 05:47 PM

Cantor said he heard they took out multiplayer. Most people use 'multiplayer' to refer to online play, so JDog said they didn't take out multiplayer. Organic Chemist was just saying that split-screen is multiplayer.
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
04-11-2015, 06:16 PM
My favorite multiplayer experiences to date are Mariokart 64, smash 64, and goldeneye 64 Big Grin. Starcraft has been alright, but never reached the same level as those split screen rumbles.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
05-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Man we used to go to the arcade with rolls of quarters for Gauntlet-fests. Big Grin

Now me and my buddy enjoy ESO; likely to break down and get that Halo as another pal has a bone and the disk - I enjoyed the snot out of that as well.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2015, 09:03 AM

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I never said that it can be multiplayer without online, LAN, or splitscreen. I merely said that multiplayer is also splitscreen. I am aware that multiplayer is commonly referred to as online only. The fact, however, is that they are restricting multiplayer bu taking out the splitscreen (LAN is basically the same as online). To the point: original Halo was listed as a multiplayer game of up to 16 players on 4 boxes via LAN and no online support (if you really don't believe me, I can take a picture of the 15 year old copy I own where it states specifically that it is a multiplayer game). Live was not around back then. I know this for a fact since I have had a Live account for as long as it has been offered and I owned an Xbox and played Halo before Live went live (it was about a year after the Xbox released). Clearly, splitscreen is/was considered multiplayer. If you have an original copy of Halo, look on the back, it says the same thing. Multiplayer is simply more than 1 player, whether it is 2-4 people on a LAN or 2-4 people playing splitscreen it is still multiplayer. That really does suck that they are not offering the split screen. If I wanted to play it with my kids or brother-in-law, I couldn't. So yes, I am saying that it is completely possible to have a multiplayer game without either LAN and online support. In fact, that was the way it used to be (I am not sure how old you are). Microsoft even agrees with this by printing "multiplayer" on the back of the game boxes even before Live was available. Shit, Goldeneye was called a multiplayer game. This is a silly discussion.

- Paul Dirac