HaHaHa Assassin's Creed Syndicate HaHaHa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2015, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2015 06:57 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: HaHaHa Assassin's Creed Syndicate HaHaHa
(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 10:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Earmuffs, you're a real piece of shit.
I really see no harm in hassling her for making stupid claims such as AC being a good franchise. This is an atheist forum afterall, if people make stupid claims they are expected to back them up.

Tastes are not stupid, they're subjective. Just because you think AC is shit, doesn't make it an objective fact that now obligates other's with the burden of defending their dissenting opinion. Facepalm

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Now considering she's a manager at a Gamestop she should be fully capable of defending her outrageous position.

The only thing here "outrageous" is you attacking someone personally for their opinions, especially for something as trivial as thinking that a particular video-game series is anything other than shit.

Perhaps next time she should be sure to ask for your permission before vetting her opinion in your presence? Dodgy

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And if she can't and if she can't hold down a conversation about video games despite being a manager at the largest video game specialty store than she deserves more scrutiny.

Oh stop the fucking one-man-crusade bullshit. This isn't a conspiracy in need of debunking, Ferdy simply works in the service industry. She's no more responsible for the greater corporate actions of GameStop than anybody else working at the ground level in any service industry job, yours included.

You attacking Ferdy makes as much sense as giving a bank teller shit because of the 2008 bank bailouts.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Besides, from experience I can tell you that Gamestop/EB Games does tend to have a culture of hiring the pretty white girl, irrelevant of experience on the topic and so putting two and two together..

So your sample size of one (yourself) gives you the right to be an asshole to Ferdy and call into question her qualifications, based on no other fucking basis?

Have you ever been laughed out of a Logic 101 or Statistics 101 class before? Facepalm

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I say worst shit to theists and people with wrong political beliefs, I really don't know why you're singling me out specifically for this situation. Is it because she had a cry? Would you be saying the same if it was Blowjob? Why does she get special treatment? On one hand you egg me on but the minute I hassle someone you like it's all "you're a piece of shit"?

Yep, you are that stupid...

I pull this shit with Blowjob, and we all know I do. But I attack not just his opinions, but also his almost always terrible interpretation of what he thinks is evidence in support of his position. On top of that, he gives out almost as good as he gets with his passive/aggressive sanctimonious faux forgiveness bullshit.

If he said "X game is good", even if I disagreed with him, that's not something I'd rip him a new asshole for and question the very qualifications of his job.

Now if he said "X game is good because my god told me so" I'd call bullshit and proceed to rip him a new one, because the existence of god is not evidently true. The point wouldn't be his or his god's opinion about game X, the point would be the "god" bit.

Quote:Assassins Creed is a decent franchise, it's not GTA level but it's good, it has it's hits and misses just like any other series. Black Flag for example won 3 different game of the year awards, was one of the best selling games of 2013 and sold over 11 million copies, mainly positive reviews even on steam, with 11,000 reviews only 1,000 being negative and most of those are just dumbasses who cannot figure out how to work UPlay. The series it's self has sold over 73 million copies and has won numerous game of the year awards. You are a small minority for not liking it but that is your opinion but no point in making others share your opinion because they won't and your opinion is not at all shared by most people. Oh well.
And Veon is NZs number 1 selling TV, doesn't make it the best by a long shot.
There are 1.5billion Muslims as another example.

But clearly, those TV's are filling a niche and are desirable enough to make them the best selling brand. They wouldn't be number one if they didn't have something people liked about them, even if they're not the same traits you look for in a TV.

Also, being indoctrinated into a religion is not the same as people having different tastes in video games than you.

Quote:Holy fuck, you go Godwin in the first sentence? Facepalm

Also, note for the slow, this invalidates everything you write past this point on as it's nothing but your own personal subjective screed.
Hardly. It's an easy off the top of my head example.
It invalidates nothing. The only invalidation is unwillingness to address the point simply because I used the word "hitler".

Your point is "my personal subjective opinion is right, now prove me wrong", which is as vapid and infantile as points come. Adding "Hitler" to the mix just made you look even dumber.

Quote:Yeah, and you play on your Xbone you filthy console peasant. Does that invalidate your opinions?
I play PC more than I play Xbone.

[Image: cd3.jpg]

But you do play on a console. Not only that, but you're all over HALO 5, the original dude-bros shooter series.

Therefore your opinions are invalid and your tastes are shit.

Now prove me wrong, you Nazi. Rolleyes

Quote:That's hilarious coming from the guy drinking the hype-aid for HALO 5. Have fun with all the 12 year old "tards" yelling expletives like they're going out of style and talking about how your mom is such a classy lady, all over glorious voice chat.
Halo franchise is a far different ball game to the AC franchise. And I was drinking the hype-aid long before everyone else was having a sip. That's because it actually has a hell of a lot of potential to be a fantastic game, especially if the beta is anything to go by.

I'm sorry, what is that? Oh, your personal subjective opinion? Well, too bad you're a filthy console peasant and your opinion cannot be trusted! Rolleyes

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And my mom is a classy lady.

I think your mom is shit, now prove me wrong. Rolleyes

Quote:So what you're saying is, you'll do that shit here, but not in real life?
I'll do it in real life if they bring it up (which is what happened in this situation).
I'm saying I'm not gonna bike 45minutes to my neariest EB Games to strike up a conversation about how shit AC is no. Not because I don't want too, but because I don't wanna ride 45minutes each way for it. Where as I don't even need to stand up to have said conversation here.

Oh, so you're a lazy opinionated asshole. Rolleyes

Quote:What the fuck dude? Why are you giving Ferdy the tenth degree and assuming she's a corporate shill who'd only objective is to hawk merchandise like a predator?
Have you been into a Gamestop/EB Games?

I have, many times. I myself currently work part-time (in addition ot my full-time night gig) at a used media reseller, and have to deal with a lot of the same shit their employees do. Two of my younger siblings have worked for GameStop, and it's not great. But I don't hold people at the ground level responsible for shit that rolls down onto them.

Yeah, their policy of really aggressive pre-orders is annoying as hell, but also mandated by corporate. So I don't get personally offended when the kid at the counter gives me the canned line to try and sell anther subscription for Game Informer, the kid is just doing their job. Don't like their policies? Those are set by people far higher up the chain than Ferdy or any other store manager; so attacking her as some sort of proxy dummy isn't fair, and you're smart enough to know that.

Quote:Don't you work at a huge big-box retail chain? Should we be giving you shit just because you're a fucking peon for your corporate overlords?
Actually I often suggest better alternatives to customers that involve going to our competitors.

Well, that's a great way to get shit-canned. That's also not the same as Ferdy voicing her opinion that the AC games are anything but shit.

Quote:Define "decent" in such a way is not not include any subjective valuation.

Go on, we'll wait.
candy crush.

Oh, look at that! You think a proper noun is a definition, how cute! Weeping

Quote:still others enjoy Ubisoft's open world style (even if you think it's shit)
Never said I think that.

Oh, so the blanket admonition that the AC series is "shit" doesn't include all aspects of the games? Are there any other post hoc special exemptions you'd like to make for your blanket assertions?

Quote:There are plenty of different reasons and valuations that can cause people to become invested in that game and to enjoy it, and they're not all wrong because you think it's shit; your opinion is not universal or declarative.
Do I need to bring Hitler back into this?

By all means, please do. I mean, you already just fucking did, but go whole hog this time. Thumbsup

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  AC isn't bad because I think it is, it's bad because it's repetitive and it portrays itself as an assassin game even though there's zero stealth mechanics or pretty much anything else that makes an assassin an assassin.

Right, do you not understated the meaning of the word "subjective"?

Repetitive is not necessarily seen as a negative by everyone, and to someone new to the series who hasn't' burned themselves out with prior yearly releases, the series repetition is an entirely mute point.

Plus, since when did "assassin" inherently denote stealth? An assassin is simply a hired or a professional killer, and "assassinations" are the killing of high-profile targets for political reasons. Are the protagonists in the AC games professional killers? Yeah. Do they kill high-profile targets for political reasons? Yeah.

I mean, if you want to get butthurt about the traditional or original meaning of "assassin", then none of them have been "assassins" since the first game, because only that one had actual historical Persian "assassins" fighting against the Crusaders. Also, Agent 47 of the Hitman series? Not an assassin. The ninjas from the Tenchu series? Not assassins. Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell? Not an assassin.

Even though they've all committed assassinations... Weeping

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not to mention the business model Ubisoft has going on with the franchise.

Again, just because X amount of people play the games doesn't mean it's a good game...

And just because you don't like it doesn't make it objectively shit.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Billions of people enjoy religion, if someone came up to you with no knowledge of the world and wanted a belief or creed, what would you sell them? Islam, Christianity, Atheism, Buddhism etc..?

I'd try to instill in them things I know to be evidently true.

Your subjective opinion doesn't fall under that category.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Billions of people are Islamic, are Christian, are Hindu etc..
Not a hell of a lot are Atheists. So you have to explain to them the pros and cons, sell them the idea of Atheism BUT one of your arguments is NOT gonna be population based. And just because billions of people are Muslim or whatever doesn't make that a good religion.

That's not the point, and you know it. Cultural indoctrination is a far cry from personal opinions on video games. Facepalm

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is the same.

No it is not, but it fun to watch you grasp at straws.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why is your argument population based?

You said it's shit.

I pointed out that a lot of people disagree with you.

That merely shows that your personal, subjective, opinion is not universal or declarative. You calling a game shit doesn't make it a fact. A bunch of other people liking it doesn't make it "good" either, their subjective opinions are not more valid or invalid than yours. Likewise you're not obliged to "prove them wrong" about their opinions, although you seem to think that Ferdy somehow owes you the time of day to debunk your opinions.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That has absolutely zero to do with how good of a game it is and you know it because you're a smart dude and especially smart regarding video games. You know how shit this game franchise is.

I know what the franchise is, and what it is not; and I'm also smart enough to realize that different people value different things for different reasons, and that doesn't make anybody's personal preference "wrong".

That includes you, you're not "wrong" in thinking the AC games are shit, because they don't tickle your personal preferences; but it's not a objective fact that you can then attempt to beat others over the head with.

But sure, I could give you a list of reasons why I think EU4 is shit, but would that change how much you like that game? Would you be obliged to prove me wrong, and answer my accusations of your opinion being "wrong"; especially after I attacked you personally by attempting to undermine your opinion and personal employment by disparaging your gender or sexuality?

Would you give me the time of day if I dismissed your opinion because you were gay? Dodgy

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's yearly cookie cutter bullshit with a shitty story and shitty game mechanics.

Both of which are subjective. Every new AC game will be the very first AC game for any number of gamers. Just because you don't care about the story doesn't mean others cannot enjoy it, or are wrong for enjoying it, or can simply ignore it because they find the mechanics itself engaging.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's not opinion that's fact...

It's a fact that the games come out ever year.

It's subjective opinion whether or not you find that to be a positive or a negative.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hold block and press counter every so often is NOT a good combat mechanic, especially when you're suppose to be an assassin...

Works for Batman, works for Mad Max, works for Shadow of Mordor.

Plus, you don't have to play the game that way. There's nothing stopping a player from utilizing any number of means and game mechanics to escape or avoid combat, rather than engaging in it. It's their choice, and their preferences are not wrong.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not to mention things like character progression or weapon progression.

Really? That's weaksause. The very first Assassin's Creed game had weapon upgrades and character progression. A whole hell of a lot of games have these things, including (but not limited to) Metal Gear Solid 5, The Witcher 3, any competitive multiplayer shooter with persistent stats (HALO, COD, etc.), and every RPG game ever made. Also, your beloved EU4, unless you somehow arbitrarily exempt 'tech trees' and unit progression from RTS and strategy games.

Quote:Fuck your sexist shit.
I'm not holding back because she's a women. She's fully capable like anyone else to be hassled by me. I was under the impression she could handle it but it must be her time of month or some shit. see, now that's what sexist shit looks like.

Fuck off you stupid jackass. It's not that you where an asshole and Ferdy is a woman, it was that you were an asshole and targeted the fact that she was a woman; that crosses the line into sexism.

You specifically attacked her personal opinion by attempting to undermining her employment, and you attempted to do that by implying she was hired because she was a pretty pair of tits; and thus her opinion isn't valid because she's not qualified, and she's not qualified because she's a girl hired for her looks rather than her competency

You brought up her gender as a means of attacking her opinion, you made it sexist. Fucking own up to it.

(24-10-2015 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Unlike you, Stark and HoC who seem to feel the need to rush to her rescue.
"Help me, Obi Wan Kanobi. You're my only hope."

She doesn't need my help, but likewise I don't need to help someone else to voice my opinion; specifically that you were being a sexist asshole.

"I really see no harm in hassling her for making stupid claims such as AC being a good franchise. This is an atheist forum afterall, if people make stupid claims they are expected to back them up. "

Funny, so you don't need a reason to be vitriolic, but the rest of us must all be White Knights? Are we not allowed to have our own opinions as well? Or are you the only person allowed to be a jackass here without an ulterior motive? Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Need to settle things.

[Image: TTA_Ring0226.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Guys, come on; clearly Earmuffs is correct.

Obviously games with numerous titles under their belt, which constantly recycle the same theme and mechanics with little to no alteration between iterations are objectively bad games.

They obviously should have stopped making Halo after Combat Evolved, and only idiots blindly buy into that recycle-fest of a franchise.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I thought you left.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2015, 04:38 PM
(24-10-2015 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Guys, come on; clearly Earmuffs is correct.

Obviously games with numerous titles under their belt, which constantly recycle the same theme and mechanics with little to no alteration between iterations are objectively bad games.

They obviously should have stopped making Halo after Combat Evolved, and only idiots blindly buy into that recycle-fest of a franchise.

Actually, one of the pitfalls that Halo manages to avoid that seems to constantly plague the other big name release franchises is that it's not an annualized series. Ubisoft could learn from that, instead of its current goal of pumping out a new release under crunched deadlines on a yearly basis, because that's what happened with Unity, which I don't think I need to further elaborate on.

It also happened with Syndicate, which while the reviews I've read have stated that it isn't as bad in the bugs department, Ubisoft has certainly also not learned its lesson either. It's still too buggy to be acceptable coming from an AAA release title (although that's never stopped Bethesda from making games) and its apparently run out of ideas for innovating as well. Because there is no innovation or perhaps even more importantly, no satisfying and competent execution of gameplay elements, when polish takes a back seat to deadlines.

Despite earmuffs assertion that the entire Assassins Creed franchise is filth that deserves to be burned, a bit of an overreaction if you asked me, Assassins Creed has always been a series of ups and downs. It's had several high points throughout its tenure but its been plagued by the same problems throughout. Now though, the high points are becoming more infrequent and the low points are becoming more abundant. AC blew its final promising load in Black Flag (which was the best in my opinion) and since then Ubisoft has given up on finding new ideas and engaging content and is just banking on the Name ID while priming the series for a career in floundering back and forth without any direction or ambition. What used to be satisfying (planning assassinations, scaling grand and opulent architecture) has lost a lot of its charm and will only continue to dampen its impact as the series continues to peter on while the litany of bugs, control issues, and hackneyed storytelling will only produce larger headaches with each concurrent installment.

AC isn't poison, rather the tree it's growing from has withered to a husk of its former glory. Somewhere along the line, Ubisoft took its Far Cry and Assassins Creed series and decided that the best direction for these franchises was to pump out a sequel every year or two with only token additions of new content and forcing you through the same fucking tower climbing, fluffy and nebulous shit collecting, and uninspired storytelling. Oddly enough, Ubisoft is actually drastically shifting direction in the newly announced Far Cry (yes of course another one has already been in development), setting the game in the stone age rather than in another isolated, exotic fictional country ruled by a despotic yet charismatic psychopath. I don't hold out much hope for it unfortunately, because Ubisoft is determined in its staunch quest of annualized sequel milling, which means they won't put in the effort necessary to craft a game that actually engages the player with challenge and intrigue and is more likely to pump out another humdrum, generic, open-world action adventure experience with meaningless collectables and uninspired combat and mission design.

In conclusion, don't blame Far Cry or Assassins Creed for being a series incapable of emitting any further sparks of creative direction, blame Ubisoft for its release cycle schedule and formulaic content design decisions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Guys, come on; clearly Earmuffs is correct.

Actually, one of the pitfalls that Halo manages to avoid that seems to constantly plague the other big name release franchises is that it's not an annualized series.

Not main series but as of Halo Wars in 2009 there has been at least 1 Halo branded game a year.

2009 – Halo Wars
– Halo 3: ODST

2010 – Halo: Reach

2011 – Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

2012 – Halo 4

2013 – Halo: Spartan Assault

2014 – Halo: The Master Chief Collection
– Halo 2 Anniversary

2015 – Halo: Spartan Strike
– Halo 5: Guardians

2016 – Halo Wars 2

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-10-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 10:38 PM by Free Thought.)
(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

Actually, one of the pitfalls that Halo manages to avoid that seems to constantly plague the other big name release franchises is that it's not an annualized series. ...

It's not? In recent years, it's really started to look that way:

'09 You'd got Wars and Halo 3: ODST
'10, Reach
'11, CE:A
'12, Halo 4
('13, Spartan Assault; but do we actually count that?)
'14, Mast Chief Collection & Halo 2 Anniversary
'15, Guardians (and Spartan Strike, but again, do we count it?)
'16 Wars 2 is slated for release.

(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It also happened with Syndicate, which while the reviews I've read have stated that it isn't as bad in the bugs department, Ubisoft has certainly also not learned its lesson either. It's still too buggy to be acceptable coming from an AAA release title (although that's never stopped Bethesda from making games) ...

That' because Bethesda bugs are fun; deathclaws suddenly launching into the sky, or falling from space in front of you and dragons flying super-low backward and turning themselves inside out in a seizure fit are amusing.

Note: Damnit, he beat me to the list.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-10-2015, 05:19 PM
(25-10-2015 05:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Actually, one of the pitfalls that Halo manages to avoid that seems to constantly plague the other big name release franchises is that it's not an annualized series. ...

'10, Reach
'12, Halo 4

Beat ya too it Tongue and hey, don't hate on Spartan Assault, it's a decent game.

25-10-2015, 07:29 PM
(25-10-2015 05:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Actually, one of the pitfalls that Halo manages to avoid that seems to constantly plague the other big name release franchises is that it's not an annualized series. ...

'10, Reach
'12, Halo 4

(25-10-2015 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It also happened with Syndicate, which while the reviews I've read have stated that it isn't as bad in the bugs department, Ubisoft has certainly also not learned its lesson either. It's still too buggy to be acceptable coming from an AAA release title (although that's never stopped Bethesda from making games) ...

That' because Bethesda bugs are fun; deathclaws suddenly launching into the sky, or falling from space in front of you and dragons flying super-low backward and turning themselves inside out in a seizure fit are amusing.

Note: Damnit, he he beat me to the list.

The main series isn't, most of those you listed are remasters/ bundles, the Spartan Assault is designed for XBL arcade and mobile apps, and Halo Wars is a completely different genre than the main series. On the other hand, AC is releasing a main entry installment every year and is being handled by the same dicking in-house development studio each time, leaving no room for polishing the gameplay which is why it keeps getting released in such buggy and insipid states

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-10-2015, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2015 12:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(25-10-2015 07:29 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The main series isn't, most of those you listed are remasters/ bundles, the Spartan Assault is designed for XBL arcade and mobile apps, and Halo Wars is a completely different genre than the main series. On the other hand, AC is releasing a main entry installment every year and is being handled by the same dicking in-house development studio each time, leaving no room for polishing the gameplay which is why it keeps getting released in such buggy and insipid states

It's my understanding that Ubisoft has a few studios working on AC every year, with their Montreal studio getting the brunt of the work and the creative decisions. However this means that none of them ever really have any down time, as every studio is up to bat every year, most of all the central Montreal team. This is the same setup Activision had with Neversoft whenever they ran both the Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero series into the ground.

Now however Activision alternates between studios for their Call of Duty series, with some additional backup. Their primary studios switch back and forth between Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games, with additional support each year from Neversoft, Raven, and High Moon Studios as needed. This allows Treyarch and Sledgehammer to hand off to each other every other year, allowing the core teams to have a small break between titles and a solid two year development cycle.

This somewhat helps explain how Call of Duty has kept up a better and more consistent quality level year over year. Also, while people are bristling for Assassin's Creed to further innovate each year, fans of the CoD generally don't like it when the series deviates too far from tradition, such as with Advanced Warfare. This does arguably make Ubisoft's job, and the perception of their finished product, somewhat harsher than what might be expected from a CoD title.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]