Hacking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Hacked results?
Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.2884089

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: Hacked results?
(22-11-2016 11:46 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony?

I heard about that. I'm kinda mixed on it, as much as I can't stand Trump, I'm not sure about that.

I do believe it should be investigated. But from what I heard the process woukd take a long time, and once he's inaugurated...it's kinda moot. Unless they can prove he had something to do with it.

People have complained about voting oddities. In Wisconsin, a friend of mine said her daughter went to vote and was told to use a paper ballot instead of a machine. What was odd was that voting personnel there looked over her ballot and told her it was fine and "they'd take care of it."

When we used paper ballots in California they went into a machine.

We used to joke they were being shredded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2016, 05:52 AM
(23-11-2016 12:02 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [...] In Wisconsin, a friend of mine said her daughter went to vote and was told to use a paper ballot instead of a machine. What was odd was that voting personnel there looked over her ballot and told her it was fine and "they'd take care of it."

When we used paper ballots in California they went into a machine. We used to joke they were being shredded.

Interesting point Mom. Here in Australia, at Federal and State elections, the voting station personnel don't get the opportunity to "look over" one's vote. Why should they—considering it's a secret ballot within any democratic [sic] government. We personally lodge our paper votes into a sealed box that's later unsealed at a counting station by independent auditors.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
23-11-2016, 06:00 AM
I just read that and I noted that it said the paper method was used in cities, while the electronic machines were used in more rural areas. Because the electronic machines had lower percents in favor of Clinton, they figure there's a problem. That's their only evidence, as far as I saw.

Um...

Your evidence is that rural counties voted for Clinton less than urban ones?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
23-11-2016, 06:05 AM
The same phenomenon occurred during the primaries when she ran against Sanders, only that he was the one disadvantaged by the voting machines. I didn't hear any ruckus from Clinton supporters about that little discrepancy back then. No surprise there.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-11-2016, 06:15 AM

Dear god please change that godawful theme on your blog!

I actually ended my own blog post about the result noting that the electoral system in the US is woefully bad. So I don't think it's ironic, I think the yanks really need to fix the issues associated with their electoral integrity.

It wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I found out that voting in America was non-compulsory. That very concept was completely foreign to me, as it should be, and I am quite concerned by what I see coming out of the mouths of Americans who boast about how they abstain because they aren't in a swing state, and other such nonsense.

Plus the fact that the Donald would not have gotten elected in any other western country should tell you something!

My Blog
23-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Hah! I already floated my wacky conspiracy theory last week that Trump's threat not to accept the results unless he won was actually a Russian ploy. It forced multiple US officials to defend the system's integrity...then Russia hacks election results in a few key states...creating a surprise victory for Trump whose validity is not questioned...

Maybe my theory was not so wacky after all.

By the way, anyone who wants to add a few bells and whistles to my theory and publicize it all over the web, feel free.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
23-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Can you imagine if there were recounts and Clinton ended up President? All that we feared on election night from Trump supporters not accepting the results if Clinton had won would be magnified by this. I think it should be investigated, but as much as I don't like Trump, the results should stand at this point.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
23-11-2016, 08:29 AM
I am inclined to believe there was foul play, given the sudden turn in counts.

However, I fear what will happen if the results are overturned.

Clinton supporters are peaceful and just have a small amount of issues with trouble makers. I don't think Trump supporters would be that civilized about it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-11-2016, 01:41 PM
(23-11-2016 06:15 AM)Aractus Wrote:  

Dear god please change that godawful theme on your blog!

I actually ended my own blog post about the result noting that the electoral system in the US is woefully bad. So I don't think it's ironic, I think the yanks really need to fix the issues associated with their electoral integrity.

It's one of those free blogs and I haven't written on it in months. Never gave the theme much thought, obviously.

As for the irony, when someone who whines for 18 months that the system is rigged wins, and then could see his victory upended by the very rigged nature he whined about, I find that ironic.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post