Hacking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Hacked results?
Fidel Castro offered to send election observers to Florida during the 2000 election...........

Maybe we should take him up on it...

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 01:50 PM
(23-11-2016 01:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fidel Castro offered to send election observers to Florida during the 2000 election...........

Maybe we should take him up on it...

Wink

Actually the UN sent people to watch during the obama/Romney election.

My pro Romney friends were having a field day with that

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-11-2016, 01:50 PM
(23-11-2016 06:15 AM)Aractus Wrote:  It wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I found out that voting in America was non-compulsory. That very concept was completely foreign to me, as it should be, and I am quite concerned by what I see coming out of the mouths of Americans who boast about how they abstain because they aren't in a swing state, and other such nonsense.

Compulsory voting? No thanks. I don't want people voting who can't be bothered to inform themselves about the candidates and the issues. Unless you can force them to do that (good luck), they shouldn't be voting.
23-11-2016, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 06:07 PM by Aractus.)
(23-11-2016 01:41 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  As for the irony, when someone who whines for 18 months that the system is rigged wins, and then could see his victory upended by the very rigged nature he whined about, I find that ironic.

Well no it's not ironic, in fact it's the exact opposite of irony. He said the election was rigged, and it turns out the results could well have been tampered with - that's not ironic, that's what he expected. He just didn't expect to be the beneficiary of electoral tampering.

But also, Trump could have read what electoral analysts and computer scientists in Australia and Europe have been saying for 15 years, which is that there is severe problems with electoral integrity in the US. In fact it's so bad that many countries hold up the US electoral system as an example of what not to do.

The definition of irony, by the way, is a result that defies expectations. For example, if Trump believed he had no chance of winning, then his victory itself would be (at least to him) ironic. A more pure sense of irony would be if you were drink-driving and hit a pedestrian, and you found out that your negligence actually saved their life because when they were rushed the the hospital they found they were suffering from chronic appendicitis or something - that would be irony. Given the fact that Trump expects some form of electoral fraud, it isn't ironic.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2016, 11:38 PM
(23-11-2016 01:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Compulsory voting? No thanks. I don't want people voting who can't be bothered to inform themselves about the candidates and the issues. Unless you can force them to do that (good luck), they shouldn't be voting.

So... 94% voter turnout for general elections in Australia versus 61% turnout in the US.

Which do you think gives the best "true" result?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-11-2016, 12:21 AM
(23-11-2016 05:52 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 12:02 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [...] In Wisconsin, a friend of mine said her daughter went to vote and was told to use a paper ballot instead of a machine. What was odd was that voting personnel there looked over her ballot and told her it was fine and "they'd take care of it."

When we used paper ballots in California they went into a machine. We used to joke they were being shredded.

Interesting point Mom. Here in Australia, at Federal and State elections, the voting station personnel don't get the opportunity to "look over" one's vote. Why should they—considering it's a secret ballot within any democratic [sic] government. We personally lodge our paper votes into a sealed box that's later unsealed at a counting station by independent auditors.

This is how it was done in California both times I served as a.polling-station officer.
26-11-2016, 12:23 AM
(23-11-2016 06:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The same phenomenon occurred during the primaries when she ran against Sanders, only that he was the one disadvantaged by the voting machines. I didn't hear any ruckus from Clinton supporters about that little discrepancy back then. No surprise there.

Insinuations aside, I'm pretty sure that this recount was prompted by a complaint from the Green Party, not the Dems.
26-11-2016, 01:03 AM
(25-11-2016 11:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So... 94% voter turnout for general elections in Australia versus 61% turnout in the US.

Which do you think gives the best "true" result?

That's not really true, actual turnout is more like 85%. Turnout is people who actually cast a counted vote. Something like: 95% of people registered to vote, minus 5% informal votes, minus 5% didn't vote, equals 85% turnout.

But that said, I agree that our system is better than the US. Grasshopper is actually happy that cohorts in his country are under represented in the election, and that's terrible. Uninformed ignorant people that hate politics have just as much right to have their votes counted as anyone else.

My Blog
26-11-2016, 01:41 AM
(23-11-2016 06:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The same phenomenon occurred during the primaries when she ran against Sanders, only that he was the one disadvantaged by the voting machines. I didn't hear any ruckus from Clinton supporters about that little discrepancy back then. No surprise there.

Beat me to it.

Someone posted about it before the general but no one seemed to care.

Quote:...
a) Election Fraud
- Corrupted Voting Software

EDIT to add:
I was looking for where I posted these (below) before but couldn't find the post. TTA Hacked?

26-11-2016, 10:23 AM
(23-11-2016 06:00 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 01:41 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  As for the irony, when someone who whines for 18 months that the system is rigged wins, and then could see his victory upended by the very rigged nature he whined about, I find that ironic.

Well no it's not ironic, in fact it's the exact opposite of irony. He said the election was rigged, and it turns out the results could well have been tampered with - that's not ironic, that's what he expected. He just didn't expect to be the beneficiary of electoral tampering.

But also, Trump could have read what electoral analysts and computer scientists in Australia and Europe have been saying for 15 years, which is that there is severe problems with electoral integrity in the US. In fact it's so bad that many countries hold up the US electoral system as an example of what not to do.

The definition of irony, by the way, is a result that defies expectations. For example, if Trump believed he had no chance of winning, then his victory itself would be (at least to him) ironic. A more pure sense of irony would be if you were drink-driving and hit a pedestrian, and you found out that your negligence actually saved their life because when they were rushed the the hospital they found they were suffering from chronic appendicitis or something - that would be irony. Given the fact that Trump expects some form of electoral fraud, it isn't ironic.

The irony comes from the fact that Hillary trusted the system, condemned him for whining about it for 18 months and now she might benefit from it being rigged. Though she isn't the one pushing the recount, she could benefit from a flawed system she supported.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me