Hacking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Hacked results?
(23-11-2016 06:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The same phenomenon occurred during the primaries when she ran against Sanders, only that he was the one disadvantaged by the voting machines. I didn't hear any ruckus from Clinton supporters about that little discrepancy back then. No surprise there.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that the Russians manipulated the votes so Clinton could run against Trump because Sanders was more dangerous. Then they just needed a little tweak for Trump and on they go into the sunset - Trump and Putin on the way to world domination.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 11:57 AM
(26-11-2016 11:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 06:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The same phenomenon occurred during the primaries when she ran against Sanders, only that he was the one disadvantaged by the voting machines. I didn't hear any ruckus from Clinton supporters about that little discrepancy back then. No surprise there.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that the Russians manipulated the votes so Clinton could run against Trump because Sanders was more dangerous. Then they just needed a little tweak for Trump and on they go into the sunset - Trump and Putin on the way to world domination.

Actually hillary put trump in the position he is in now. They feared ben carrson more than trump.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2016, 01:58 PM
I wonder what the reaction would be from the Trump supporters, that have been calling everyone cry baby that didn't agree with the desistion. Would they all agree with the result or call foul play?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-11-2016, 02:07 PM
(26-11-2016 01:58 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I wonder what the reaction would be from the Trump supporters, that have been calling everyone cry baby that didn't agree with the desistion. Would they all agree with the result or call foul play?

I imagine they wouldn't accept a different result. If a recount magically changes the election results there's no way in hell we would believe someone didn't alter ballots or alter the machines to read differently. Two weeks has passed.

If you think those are riots out there right now, you haven't seen anything yet. And the people protesting won't be carrying signs. They'll be carrying guns. I believe that 100%.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-11-2016, 02:09 PM
2016 is a very strange year, Jill Stein is raising money for recount of Wisconsin, Michigan and somewhere else. Florida?

What if the recount (provided it does happen) does yeild a different result?

According to the popular vote Clinton is ahead by 2 million votes -- usually when a popular candidtiate doesn't get the electoral votes the margin is far closer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-11-2016, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 02:31 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(26-11-2016 02:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 01:58 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I wonder what the reaction would be from the Trump supporters, that have been calling everyone cry baby that didn't agree with the desistion. Would they all agree with the result or call foul play?

I imagine they wouldn't accept a different result. If a recount magically changes the election results there's no way in hell we would believe someone didn't alter ballots or alter the machines to read differently. Two weeks has passed.

If you think those are riots out there right now, you haven't seen anything yet. And the people protesting won't be carrying signs. They'll be carrying guns. I believe that 100%.

They said they'd do this if Clinton won on Election Day.

I do believe it should be investigated. If someone on either side tampered with results it's just wrong. To say it's ok just because "your side won" is myopic. Edited: also if no fraud is found, it might provide some faith in the system for future elections. Why bother voting if your vote can just be changed?

It might come back that some county officials did change or alter results, perhaps not enough to change the overall election results, but don't the people have the right to know their votes were tampered with?

If Clinton had won, in some oddball state like Arizona or Utah, wouldn't you be calling foul and want to know what happened? Even if it's not enough to change the overall result?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-11-2016, 02:32 PM
(26-11-2016 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 02:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I imagine they wouldn't accept a different result. If a recount magically changes the election results there's no way in hell we would believe someone didn't alter ballots or alter the machines to read differently. Two weeks has passed.

They said they'd do this if Clinton won on Election Day.

I do believe it should be investigated. If someone on either side tampered with results it's just wrong. To say it's ok just because "your side won" is myopic.

It might come back that some county officials did change or alter results, perhaps not enough to change the overall election results, but don't the people have the right to know their votes were tampered with?

If Clinton had won, in some oddball state like Arizona or Utah, wouldn't you be calling foul and want to know what happened? Even if it's not enough to change the overall result?

I am fine with recounts. The fear is what has happened to the ballots and machines in the last two weeks? Were they under lock and key with multiple security guards watching? Or were they moved to a warehouse where election officials have unwatched access to them?

Recounts and verification should have started IMMEDIATELY after the initial call. Not after two weeks after poll watchers have gone home.

If a radically different result comes from a recount, no Trump supporter would believe something wasn't tampered with in the last two weeks. They will think the election was stolen. That democracy is dead.

And there is only one way to fix a dead democracy.

26-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Or a different scenario, liberal federal court throws out some so called questionable ballots giving Clinton a greater number of votes in those 3 states. Supreme court deadlocks in 4-4 tie leaving the lower court ruling intact, giving the victory to Clinton. That might be easier to swallow.

26-11-2016, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 02:52 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(26-11-2016 02:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And there is only one way to fix a dead democracy.
Your tendency towards violent rhetoric is frightening.

(26-11-2016 02:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  2016 is a very strange year, Jill Stein is raising money for recount of Wisconsin, Michigan and somewhere else. Florida?

What if the recount (provided it does happen) does yeild a different result?

According to the popular vote Clinton is ahead by 2 million votes -- usually when a popular candidtiate doesn't get the electoral votes the margin is far closer.

And WI has already admitted to at least 4900 imaginary Trump votes, before the recount has begun (and about 200 for Clinton). I doubt it will change the state's electoral standing by the time all is said and done, but it's quite disheartening.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-11-2016, 03:14 PM
(26-11-2016 02:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If a radically different result comes from a recount, no Trump supporter would believe something wasn't tampered with in the last two weeks. They will think the election was stolen.

No matter what happens, half the country or thereabouts will or does think the election was stolen.

Trump put that into everyone's head from the start.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post