Had I'd known...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 04:03 AM
Had I'd known...
The atheists here were so sensitive I would have chosen my words differently. But see it my way. Who would have thought that " #unthinkingatheist" would hurt the feelings of people who regularly refer to opposing positions as BS. Don't read Feser's book because he insults some atheist writers? True hypocrisy.

I like talking to atheists. There are sites where you can have reasonable debates. This one seems full of bleating sheep who can't seem to follow a simple thread. Weak, uninformed minds who have nothing to post except scoffing, insults and stupid slogans.

Oh. Sorry. I did it again. Insulted you that is. Bye. Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ColdComfort's post
17-05-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: Had I'd known...
Oh, you're running away? Coward. You can't defend your bullshit, so this is your response. Some Christian you are. You really stood up for your God. #StupidCatholic

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-05-2017, 04:17 AM
As I mentioned at the end of the prayer thread just now, if WE had only known that you were simply arguing Catholic theology it would have been very different. As it was, you were living in denial of non-Catholic theology and its ubiquity.

In all honesty we don't engage from a Catholic perspective here very much, because Catholics (or at least non-conservative ones) are by and large more liberal, live-and-let-live on questions of public policy and law and aren't trying to ram their faith down the throats of the faithless to anything like the degree of our more common interlocutors, who tend to be fundamentalist / evangelical authoritarians. Catholics will just pray for us and not expect god to actually do anything. We can live with that.
[+] 10 users Like mordant's post
17-05-2017, 04:38 AM
(17-05-2017 04:03 AM)ColdComfort Wrote:  ... who regularly refer to opposing positions as BS ...

I personally agree that many posters here are inexcusably rude - their insults and dispensing of negative reps erode their arguments.

That said, though, what is true is that no theist has offered anything new in presenting the whys and wherefores of religious belief, and every single one of those whys and wherefores has been thoroughly and irrefutably rebutted. In all the tens of thousands of posts in these threads not one single time has any theist advanced a new and viable insight, and most of the time refuses to answer pertinent questions or even acknowledge that the question was put. So while the insults are certainly uncalled for, they reflect a weary exasperation at seeing reason persistently ignored.

Non-theistic pursuit of knowledge, usually scientific, routinely delivers fresh insights into the whys and wherefores of humanity, history and the architecture of the universe, something religion hasn't done across all the thousands of years of its afflicting the minds of mankind. Were a theist to present some genuinely new perspective, and not some piece of defensive rationalization each time science discovers some new facet of the universe that shoves theism further from plausibility, the rudeness might abate. But I'm not holding my breath.
[+] 10 users Like Airportkid's post
17-05-2017, 04:43 AM
(17-05-2017 04:03 AM)ColdComfort Wrote:  Oh. Sorry. I did it again. Insulted you that is. Bye. Laugh out load

Insulting people and cowardly running away?!
I wonder if there is a rule for this in your sacred book.
I mean, there are rules for mixed fabric, shrimps, rape victims and slavery, so there is surely somthing about your offense?

No, there is not?
Then ist must be ok to insult people and cowardly runaway, according to your cult, right?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
17-05-2017, 04:51 AM
(17-05-2017 04:03 AM)ColdComfort Wrote:  The atheists here were so sensitive I would have chosen my words differently. But see it my way. Who would have thought that " #unthinkingatheist" would hurt the feelings of people who regularly refer to opposing positions as BS. Don't read Feser's book because he insults some atheist writers? True hypocrisy.

I like talking to atheists. There are sites where you can have reasonable debates. This one seems full of bleating sheep who can't seem to follow a simple thread. Weak, uninformed minds who have nothing to post except scoffing, insults and stupid slogans.

Liar for Mary pretends to be oblivious to what Evangelicals believe.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-05-2017, 04:54 AM
(17-05-2017 04:03 AM)ColdComfort Wrote:  The atheists here were so sensitive I would have chosen my words differently. But see it my way. Who would have thought that " #unthinkingatheist" would hurt the feelings of people who regularly refer to opposing positions as BS. Don't read Feser's book because he insults some atheist writers? True hypocrisy.

You sound like Trump : "Who knew ?"
You're just a piss-poor apologist.

Feser doesn't just insult writers. He's an angry insecure little intellectual snob, ("I know *Philosophy*") who insults EVERYONE.

Take your pedophile cult, and shove it up your ass.

John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Guess you're not one of those.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-05-2017, 04:58 AM
I can only be insulted or offended by somebody who's opinion I care about. You've shown yourself to be an ignorant, close-minded, arrogant fool. Here's an avatar for the next site you join...

[Image: 440px-Mustela_nivalis_-British_Wildlife_Centre-4.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
17-05-2017, 05:11 AM
Okay. Bye.

Drinking Beverage
17-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Another turd circling the drain.

How long until OP is back under a different name?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post