Had a crawfishy weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Had a crawfishy weekend
Man... it was a good weekend. I am a notoriously voracious crawfish eater in my family, and I had it twice this weekend.

My company sponsored a company wide crawfish boil on Friday. Everyone got a couple of pounds, but that wasn't enough for me. The guys I was sitting by couldn't finish their crawfish, so I did. They were like, "wtf. How can you eat that much crawfish?"(I'm a skinny dude.) I just shrugged and kept peeling.

Yesterday, my family had a crawfish boil, and I really can't tell you how much I ate. I stopped counting after the 4th tray. They were really good too... very well seasoned. lol my top lip is still swollen.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Louisiana crawfish boil... go. Don't think about it. Just go. They are delicious.

Man, I love crawfish season. I've got a few more boils to go to before the season's up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
21-04-2014, 07:51 AM
RE: Had a crawfishy weekend
I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

We have a similar crustacean here. We call them yabbies.

Back in the day I used to scuba dive for lobsters. They often have a wobbygong shark close who get upset when you take their crayfish.
Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Louisiana has some damn good cooking, that's for sure. Especially shrimp, mmmm....shrimp
[Image: homer_simpson.jpg]

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
21-04-2014, 07:56 AM
(21-04-2014 07:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

We have a similar crustacean here. We call them yabbies.

Back in the day I used to scuba dive for lobsters. They often have a wobbygong shark close who get upset when you take their crayfish.
Big Grin

I miss Australia and all your funny words, "yabbies", "wobbygong"...hehe...wobbygong

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
21-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Sounds good. We boiled some Friday for just us. Wife and I did a good job on this batch. Kids loved them. Abita beer and crawfish go great together.

[Image: DSC_0032-M.jpg]

Sunday was a BBQ day at mom and dad's. They are down the bayou south of Houma. Here is a shot I took a while back from their backyard.

[Image: MV%20Loner-M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
21-04-2014, 08:38 AM
That looks like a yabby! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2014, 08:40 AM
So did my granddaughter.

[img][Image: crawfish_zpsa43665b8.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-04-2014, 08:40 AM
(21-04-2014 07:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Man... it was a good weekend. I am a notoriously voracious crawfish eater in my family, and I had it twice this weekend.

My company sponsored a company wide crawfish boil on Friday. Everyone got a couple of pounds, but that wasn't enough for me. The guys I was sitting by couldn't finish their crawfish, so I did. They were like, "wtf. How can you eat that much crawfish?"(I'm a skinny dude.) I just shrugged and kept peeling.

Yesterday, my family had a crawfish boil, and I really can't tell you how much I ate. I stopped counting after the 4th tray. They were really good too... very well seasoned. lol my top lip is still swollen.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Louisiana crawfish boil... go. Don't think about it. Just go. They are delicious.

Man, I love crawfish season. I've got a few more boils to go to before the season's up.

Here I thought you guys aren't allowed to eat shellfish.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-04-2014, 10:18 AM
(21-04-2014 07:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Man... it was a good weekend. I am a notoriously voracious crawfish eater in my family, and I had it twice this weekend.

A couple of places here are advertising crawfish boils. From experience it's going to be nothing like a LA boil. I've had bugs the size of small lobsters in LA....mmmmmmmmm.....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-04-2014, 10:36 AM
yuck, pass.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post