Had a crawfishy weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Had a crawfishy weekend
(21-04-2014 07:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...my top lip is still swollen.
Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Ya get less heat if ya don't vacuum out the heads and ya pull out the meat from the tail with your teeth while keeping your lips off the shell. I peel off the first couple of rings to expose a big chunk of meat to make it easy.

Om nom nom

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Wait till you're asked to eat a "Bug" in Australia.

[Image: Cooked_whole_Moreton_Bay_Bug.JPG]

Screw that! I don't eat shellfish.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
22-04-2014, 03:57 PM
(22-04-2014 03:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

Ya get less heat if ya don't vacuum out the heads and ya pull out the meat from the tail with your teeth while keeping your lips off the shell. I peel off the first couple of rings to expose a big chunk of meat to make it easy.

Om nom nom

The head is the best part, even better than the tail. Claws don't warrant no attention. Break it in 2 at the thorax. Suck the head out of the top half, suck the tail outta the bottom half. NEXT!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-04-2014, 12:23 AM
I suppose 'crayfish' sounds just as stupid to you as 'crawfish' does to us!

(it's funny that when typing in those two words, 'crawfish' comes up as the incorrect one lol)

Anyway.... Drooling

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Having been transplanted to east Texas from California, it took some time before I acquired a taste for the mug-bug.

Yet, even having catered crawfish boils and, I can eat more than my share, I remain a fledging. In Cajun territory one must "suck heads" to be considered a fully baptized crawfish devoteeDrooling .

I do not "suck heads," repulsive. I am often the only unwilling one at the table Confused

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
23-04-2014, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2014 07:48 AM by Free Thought.)
(23-04-2014 12:23 AM)aurora Wrote:  I suppose 'crayfish' sounds just as stupid to you as 'crawfish' does to us!

(it's funny that when typing in those two words, 'crawfish' comes up as the incorrect one lol)

Anyway.... Drooling

Of course crawfish is incorrect.

It is American after all.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-04-2014, 07:46 AM
I prefer my food doesn't look like a B-movie monster... Sadcryface

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post