Had an idea (huge project, concerns TTA members)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: Had an idea (huge project, concerns TTA members)
I just got sooo exhausted and tired reading this thread about this massive project. lol.

If it were me with unlimited resources, I would create a forum type of deal, or maybe a blog style and break each thread or blog down into 5 10 or 15 verses and then people from each believe or non belief sect can comment on each part. (They don't have to go first to last and they don't have to debate. They just say their piece and peace out.) All ordered nicely so I don't stress out finding things, it'd be in chronological order.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
(03-05-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What if there was a Biblical commentary done based on very different points of view?

Yeah like we're all standing around this thing...

[Image: Meteor_Crater-browse.jpg]

doing this...

[Image: il_570xN.172714498.jpg]

...all points bulletin.

(03-05-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This would be an amazing, fair and balanced tool that could be given to anyone who had questions.

...yeah it was. Thank you very much.

Dude. That book ain't all that.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Well, I was fairly satisfied with Buddy Christ's masterpiece... so at this point, I'm with HoC.

Truth be told... I'd just as well put that book at the bottom of that crater, fill it with water, and have a pool party.

Probably just me though, huh? Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
(03-05-2012 04:52 PM)kim Wrote:  Probably just me though, huh?

ain't no just to you. Heart

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-05-2012, 06:42 PM
(03-05-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My KJV Bible has a commentary, and it got me thinking...

What if there was a Biblical commentary done based on very different points of view?

Meaning: An atheist, an agnostic, a Calvinistic Christian, a Catholic Christian, and a former Christian minister who is now an atheist. Each writer would offer a unique and compelling point of view to the scriptures.

This would be an amazing, fair and balanced tool that could be given to anyone who had questions.

Now obviously, this is a HUGE undertaking and would take a long, long time and would have to have strong dedication from the writers, but I think it could be done.

My ideas for the writers are:

Atheist - Buddy Christ
Agnostic - Ghost
Calvinistic Christian - kingschosen
Catholic Christian - Tarzan
Former minister/atheist - Exromai
Add:
Scientist
Historian
Archeologist
Psychologist

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Me likey attention to ACB. Makes my pants feel funny.

But I agree with Erx. I don't see this happening in any orderly or readable manner. Single topics brought up on this board between a theist and an atheist have lasted 20+ pages. Throw in 15 other religious views and do this one verse at a time and you've got yourself a 13000 page project there.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
(03-05-2012 02:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My KJV Bible has a commentary, and it got me thinking...

What if there was a Biblical commentary done based on very different points of view?

Meaning: An atheist, an agnostic, a Calvinistic Christian, a Catholic Christian, and a former Christian minister who is now an atheist. Each writer would offer a unique and compelling point of view to the scriptures.

This would be an amazing, fair and balanced tool that could be given to anyone who had questions.

Now obviously, this is a HUGE undertaking and would take a long, long time and would have to have strong dedication from the writers, but I think it could be done.

My ideas for the writers are:

Atheist - Buddy Christ
Agnostic - Ghost
Calvinistic Christian - kingschosen
Catholic Christian - Tarzan
Former minister/atheist - Exromai
Nice idea, but I think if your gonna take that route then commentary from other religions as well would be as enlightening. Obviously Im thinking of the Abrahamic religions, but also hinduism, buddism, siekism, the list goes on. I only include siekism because I have a soft spot for them, if I was to again be bitten by religion I think I would become a siek. I know not a lot about there beliefs, but whenever I have seen them talk they are always respectful, non judgemental.

Anyway, what Im saying if the intent is to broaden the base of understanding, having differing flavours of non believers and 2 random christian denominations comments, still seems a trifle miopic to me. Anyway, good luck, I look forwar to reading it if you get it done.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evolution school project trogit 5 217 16-05-2014 09:00 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Book Idea Phaedrus 3 115 13-05-2014 04:37 AM
Last Post: Forthright Atheist
  Is Deism and Atheism the only rational idea? Just Another Atheist 20 400 20-04-2014 06:48 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  The Idea of a God Is Not So Crazy elconquistador 27 434 16-04-2014 05:55 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  HUGE Money Stolen From MegaChurch EvolutionKills 10 264 18-03-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: john2
  New Theist Members JAH 35 766 10-02-2014 09:08 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Please Help - Research Project PleaseJesus 84 2,425 25-12-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: Ameron1963