Had to bury a friend today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Had to bury a friend today.
I fucking hate today, 5 years I have been with this bird and now he is dead. Why can't pets live a long as humans? I wish I was 21 I need a drink or some shit.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Had to bury a friend today.
Post a pic of little green bird, Zeke. Let us help you love him and send him off with a fitting tribute. It may help to deal with the shitty feelings. Shy

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-01-2015, 10:59 AM
That sucks, sorry man. Last March I nourished and raised a baby Blue Jay back to health and it killed me after only a month when I had to let it go, so I can only imagine how much this hurts you. Take solace in the fact that you got to experience the joy of having this friend that long and now it's beginning the process of returning to the universe to make it possible for other friends to be born.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
03-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear that Zeke. You're not alone, we're here.

What species was it?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
03-01-2015, 11:02 AM
(03-01-2015 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I fucking hate today, 5 years I have been with this bird and now he is dead. Why can't pets live a long as humans? I wish I was 21 I need a drink or some shit.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sad

People who don't care for animals sometimes don't fully understand that it is possible to have a very profound emotional relationship with an animal.

As a matter of curiosity, was it a parrot or macaw?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
03-01-2015, 11:04 AM
(03-01-2015 11:01 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Sorry to hear that Zeke. You're not alone, we're here.

What species was it?

(03-01-2015 11:02 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 10:48 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I fucking hate today, 5 years I have been with this bird and now he is dead. Why can't pets live a long as humans? I wish I was 21 I need a drink or some shit.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sad

People who don't care for animals sometimes don't fully understand that it is possible to have a very profound emotional relationship with an animal.

As a matter of curiosity, was it a parrot or macaw?

He was a budgerigar, I changed the fall animal to budgerigars because of him.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Sucks - most of our pets have much shorter lives than we do.

Hugs. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Sad

Hug

Sorry for your loss.
03-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Sorry for your loss, Zeke. Animals are much closer and a deeper part of our lives than non-animal people think. And their loss hurts much deeper, too.

Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
03-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Sorry, Zeke. My dog is sitting with his ass 16 inches from my chair as I write. He's always there. I think he enjoys making me step over him. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post