Poll: Which is the tastier fish?
Haddock
Cod
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Haddock or cod?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Haddock or cod?
:O

I love fish.

Yes in that sense as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Either is fine with me....I love fish.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-04-2017, 12:43 PM
(03-04-2017 12:40 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  :O

I love fish.

Fish love. Big Grin

#sigh
03-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Me too.

I just normally have cod and I tried haddock today and it was just mmmmmm.
03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
(03-04-2017 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I love fish.

Fish love. Big Grin

Laugh out load

That silly bugger. He talks about how selfish satisfying one's own emotional needs with another person is and then he says that true love is giving something to someone else so you can love YOURSELF in them. Lol that's still just as selfish Laugh out load

YUMMY FISH FISH FISH FISH YUMMY THIS GUY IS CRAY YUMMY YUMMY FISH FISH YUMMY.
03-04-2017, 01:15 PM
I like fish and shellfish in general - don't like catfish or butterfish. Other than those two - bring it on.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Haddock has an actual flavour. Cod is okay but I find it bland.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
04-04-2017, 04:07 AM
(03-04-2017 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I love fish.

Fish love. Big Grin

Rabbi, schmabbi, what does he know?

Self-love is not a given.

"You give to those you love" - subject to object.
"You love those to whom you give" - object to subject.

The former is inclusive. The latter is exclusive.

Anyway. I don't eat fish. Fish are foul.

Though fowl are fine.

Blink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-04-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 07:05 AM by Vera.)
I only know haddock from the books of P.G. Wodehouse (or where those kippers? Consider But also "Professor Pringle was a thinnish, baldish, dyspeptic-lookingish cove with an eye like a haddock") and cod (or bacalhau) from the typical Portuguese dishes (is tastier than it is, trust me)

[Image: bacalhau-a-bras.jpg]

[Image: receitas-infaliveis-bacalhau-natas-1.jpg]

(Not a big fan of fish either, though I did like the bacalhau. I like octopusesesss, which is sad, because they're awesome creatures)

DelJoy, this reminds of a quote by William Wharton, whom I really liked as teen (haven't reread him in ages). I think it went something like: Love is inclusive, not exclusive.

(A couple of weeks ago, when I mentioned to someone (who wanted to film me and put me on youtube - and might very well have done it! Gasp ) that I don't like pics of myself (or myself, or rather ,the way I look) they tried to convince to turn back from my self-hating (well, self-not-liking, really) ways, by quoting Jebus at me, how we must love others as we love ourselves, so I was supposed to sorta turn it around. "What if I don't like others either?" I replied Rolleyes

PS. Also, some of this reminded me tangentially of Kant (whom am not a fan of) and his claim that our aesthetic judgement, appreciation of beauty, what have you, is disinterested, this is, doesn't have to produce a desire to possess the beautiful thing in question. Have had a hard time trying to persuade many a friend of this...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-04-2017, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 08:46 AM by Full Circle.)
(03-04-2017 12:30 PM)kim Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 11:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like them both but cod's running at like $20/lb now (because of Brexit or so I'm told) while I can still get haddock for $8/lb or so. So haddock it is.

Cod has been over fished in the past several years and populations are depleting. Demand is still up, driving up prices and further damaging their mature numbers.

Fuck demand - choose haddock. Shy

Bowing

Cod: The Fish That Changed the World

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post