Poll: Which is the tastier fish?
Haddock
Cod
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Haddock or cod?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2017, 08:58 AM
RE: Haddock or cod?
Looks very interesting, FC Yes (And *that*’s why the Portuguese eat the salty version, I guess…)

And speaking of the Basques, just listen to this lovely language (it means Beloved Biscay (as in the place). For someone as cold and unromantic as I am (or claim to be Rolleyes ), I really love the word maite (means love, beloved, etc.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-04-2017, 02:13 PM
(04-04-2017 08:58 AM)Vera Wrote:  Looks very interesting, FC Yes (And *that*’s why the Portuguese eat the salty version, I guess…)

And speaking of the Basques, just listen to this lovely language (it means Beloved Biscay (as in the place). For someone as cold and unromantic as I am (or claim to be Rolleyes ), I really love the word maite (means love, beloved, etc.)

My father tells me that his father spoke Basque, from a small town in the north called Oviedo. I say it that way because I never met him. I am 1/4 badass Basque. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-04-2017, 04:03 PM
(04-04-2017 02:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
I am 1/4 badass Basque. Smile

Doesn't that make you a Bustier rather than a Basque?

Unsure

Ohmy

04-04-2017, 04:19 PM
It's hard to beat good fresh Cod that you caught yourself.
04-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Haddock or cod? I've only ever had either as some kind of processed food. I prefer salmon or sea bass.
04-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Yes on sea bass! We catch cod, sea bass and salmon on the Pacific coast.
04-04-2017, 05:20 PM
(04-04-2017 05:19 PM)skyking Wrote:  Yes on sea bass! We catch cod, sea bass and salmon on the Pacific coast.

Is cod similar to sea bass?
04-04-2017, 08:42 PM
It is a white fish, a little more oil, but not as fishy to me. The processed stuff you have had is nothing like good fresh cod.
If you don't have seasickness issues, I recommend planning a charter trip if you get out this way. The cod and sea bass trips are on now, salmon in the late summer.
We had 30 on the boat with a limit of 10 sea bass. The captain chased them here and there, and finally we got on a good school. We caught the majority of those 300 fish in 15 minutes! That was a blast, fish all over the deck. They are only about 30 feet down so it is a quick round trip.
04-04-2017, 09:02 PM
(04-04-2017 08:42 PM)skyking Wrote:  It is a white fish, a little more oil, but not as fishy to me. The processed stuff you have had is nothing like good fresh cod.
If you don't have seasickness issues, I recommend planning a charter trip if you get out this way. The cod and sea bass trips are on now, salmon in the late summer.
We had 30 on the boat with a limit of 10 sea bass. The captain chased them here and there, and finally we got on a good school. We caught the majority of those 300 fish in 15 minutes! That was a blast, fish all over the deck. They are only about 30 feet down so it is a quick round trip.

I will have to contact Full Circle about taking me out fishing.

Hey wait a minute. FC, do we even get sea bass, cod or salmon in our waters?
04-04-2017, 09:49 PM
(04-04-2017 04:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 02:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
I am 1/4 badass Basque. Smile

Doesn't that make you a Bustier rather than a Basque?

Unsure

Ohmy

I have no idea what you’re saying. I don’t know if the comment is whooshing over my head or what. Huh

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce