Poll: Which is the tastier fish?
Haddock
Cod
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Haddock or cod?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 09:51 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Haddock or cod?
(05-04-2017 07:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 09:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Nope, none of the above are found in our local waters. We’ll have to settle for Mahi Mahi, Hogfish, Yellowtail snapper or grouper. Smile

Nu tuna? You must have tuna. NC waters have tuna. Or is the water too warm or something?

Occasionally. We have a small species call Little tunny, Euthynnus alletteratus, great tasting. We sometimes catch one of the bigger species in the tuna family such as the Yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares but they are pelagic and seasonal.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-04-2017, 07:35 AM
(05-04-2017 07:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 07:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nu tuna? You must have tuna. NC waters have tuna. Or is the water too warm or something?

Occasionally. We have a small species call Little tunny, Euthynnus alletteratus, great tasting. We sometimes catch one of the bigger species in the tuna family such as the Yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares but they are pelagic and seasonal.

pelagic - of, relating to, or living or occurring in the open sea. "At one time pelagic whaling was the cornerstone of the island's economy."

The more you know. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Cod just tastes fishy to me but haddock has it's own flavor Tongue

Also the reason why this poll only contains cod and haddock is because those fish are kind of each other's biggest rivals Tongue

Next coming up: Plaice V.S. lemon sole!

Lol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2017, 07:40 AM
(05-04-2017 07:39 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Cod just tastes fishy to me but haddock has it's own flavor Tongue

Also the reason why this poll only contains cod and haddock is because those fish are kind of each other's biggest rivals Tongue

Next coming up: Plaice V.S. lemon sole!

Lol.

Sardines vs kippers. Wait kippers are herring. Sardines vs. anchovies.

#sigh
05-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Sardines V.S. pilchards.

Oh wait sardines are just small pilchards Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Neither for me...

Flathead tails, Gummy shark, or Barramundi top my list.

[Image: BEN-2.aspx]
Gummy Shark from South Eastern Australia

Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
05-04-2017, 09:48 AM
(05-04-2017 08:16 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Neither for me...

Flathead tails, Gummy shark, or Barramundi top my list.

[Image: BEN-2.aspx]
Gummy Shark from South Eastern Australia

Thumbsup

I know it as the Smooth dog-shark, Mustelus antarcticus. Never had it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-04-2017, 09:52 AM
(05-04-2017 07:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 07:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Occasionally. We have a small species call Little tunny, Euthynnus alletteratus, great tasting. We sometimes catch one of the bigger species in the tuna family such as the Yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares but they are pelagic and seasonal.

pelagic - of, relating to, or living or occurring in the open sea. "At one time pelagic whaling was the cornerstone of the island's economy."

The more you know. Smile

Girly, you teach me shit about metaphysics and I’ll teach you shit about the oceans. Thumbsup

05-04-2017, 10:02 AM
(05-04-2017 09:52 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 07:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  pelagic - of, relating to, or living or occurring in the open sea. "At one time pelagic whaling was the cornerstone of the island's economy."

The more you know. Smile

Girly, you teach me shit about metaphysics and I’ll teach you shit about the oceans. Thumbsup

I'd come out ahead on that exchange. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-04-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm feeling very hungry for some seafood.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post