Hahahahahahaha! Republicunt comedy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Hahahahahahaha! Republicunt comedy.
(19-12-2014 10:39 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:28 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  While republicans are doing their best to reach out to blacks, hispanics, gays, women and even atheists.

Examples?

I'm guessing I'm not the only one here you beat to this question. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-12-2014, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 11:03 AM by Patriot10mm.)
(19-12-2014 10:39 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:28 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  While republicans are doing their best to reach out to blacks, hispanics, gays, women and even atheists.

Examples?
Look at the midterms. Joni Ernst won in Iowa of all places. Tim Scott was the first black senator elected in the south since the civil war. Look at Ben Carson's popularity. Have you seen the support the black sheriff in Wisconsin has got? And he's a democrat. The NRA helped him get reelected because gun rights were more important than skin color. I googled gay republicans and for the first time I found gay republican websites. There are atheist republican Facebook pages. I frequent multiple right leaning websites and never receive criticism from republicans for my atheism. They might take issue with abortion beliefs but the atheism I haven't heard a peep about. When I was in the Navy I was part of a military atheist group. Only one democrat among our group of 37.

Only the fringe right seem to be racist, anti gay nuts. The moderate republicans embrace everyone. The bigger issue to them is gun rights, government spying, government overreach, welfare reform and immigration. Lots of blacks, atheists, hispanics and gays agree with republicans on those issues.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
19-12-2014, 11:09 AM
(19-12-2014 10:49 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:39 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Examples?
Look at the midterms. Joni Ernst won in Iowa of all places. Tim Scott was the first black senator elected in the south since the civil war. Look at Ben Carson's popularity. Have you seen the support the black sheriff in Wisconsin has got? And he's a democrat. The NRA helped him get reelected because gun rights were more important than skin color. I googled gay republicans and for the first time I found gay republican websites. There are atheist republican Facebook pages. I frequent multiple right leaning websites and never receive criticism from republicans for my atheism. They might take issue with abortion beliefs but the atheism I haven't heard a peep about. When I was in the Navy I was part of a military atheist group. Only one democrat among our group of 37.

Only the fringe right seem to be racist, anti gay nuts. The moderate republicans embrace everyone. The bigger issue to them is gun rights, government spying, government overreach, welfare reform and immigration. Lots of blacks, atheists, hispanics and gays agree with republicans on those issues.

I am at a mass of confusion? Iowa of all places? What does that supposed to mean to people? You weren't aware of the logcabin republican organization? They've been around for awhile and still fight for inclusion, but have been relegated as a marginal group still.

The real problem is fringe is what gets elected still and get the attention in large elections, that's how people like Bachmann have had elected power in the first place. Personal experiences aren't really a difference to anything, people have varying examples of numerous degrees when it comes to people they know think X but Act X.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-12-2014, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 11:50 AM by Patriot10mm.)
(19-12-2014 11:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:49 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Look at the midterms. Joni Ernst won in Iowa of all places. Tim Scott was the first black senator elected in the south since the civil war. Look at Ben Carson's popularity. Have you seen the support the black sheriff in Wisconsin has got? And he's a democrat. The NRA helped him get reelected because gun rights were more important than skin color. I googled gay republicans and for the first time I found gay republican websites. There are atheist republican Facebook pages. I frequent multiple right leaning websites and never receive criticism from republicans for my atheism. They might take issue with abortion beliefs but the atheism I haven't heard a peep about. When I was in the Navy I was part of a military atheist group. Only one democrat among our group of 37.

I am at a mass of confusion? Iowa of all places? What does that supposed to mean to people? You weren't aware of the logcabin republican organization? They've been around for awhile and still fight for inclusion, but have been relegated as a marginal group still.

The real problem is fringe is what gets elected still and get the attention in large elections, that's how people like Bachmann have had elected power in the first place. Personal experiences aren't really a difference to anything, people have varying examples of numerous degrees when it comes to people they know think X but Act X.
My point is republicans, and the important swing votors, are voting on the issues, not based on race, religion, sex etc. A black republican, hispanic republican, female republican will get elected if they run on American values of small government and gun rights. We just don't care about stupid things like that any more. As I said, the fringe is there, and they're loud and vocal unfortunately but the majority just isn't that way.

You could put a black man in an election anywhere in America that is normally republican area, and he will get elected if he has an "R" next to his name. Even if his opponent is a white male.

I read all of those comments by democrats on articles about Tim Scott. "Those backwoods hillbilly rednecks will never vote for a black man." Yet he won.

19-12-2014, 12:21 PM
(19-12-2014 11:16 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You could put a black man in an election anywhere in America that is normally republican area, and he will get elected if he has an "R" next to his name. Even if his opponent is a white male.

You don't see that as a problem? Party-line voting is nothing to be proud of in my opinion.

Your earlier post said that Republicans were "reaching out" to various groups. None of the examples you gave support that claim.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
19-12-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 12:52 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(19-12-2014 12:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 11:16 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You could put a black man in an election anywhere in America that is normally republican area, and he will get elected if he has an "R" next to his name. Even if his opponent is a white male.

You don't see that as a problem? Party-line voting is nothing to be proud of in my opinion.

Your earlier post said that Republicans were "reaching out" to various groups. None of the examples you gave support that claim.
It's not the people being elected that are personally reaching out. It's the voters. The people at the conventions. Commenters on message boards. Social media groups. The message is being spread by Republicans as a group, not directly by the republican politicians. Vote for republicans if you want small government, gun rights, true immigration reform. Vote for democrats if you want to be controlled, told how much soda you can order with your dinner, have your means to defend yourself taken from you while the criminals keep theirs and ransack your homes.

Democrats have some good ideas, a lot I agree with like abortion and gay rights. But abortion is pretty much a settled issue and gays aren't that stifled. Nobody is imprisoning gays. Nobody is knocking down their doors while they are getting it on. So they can't get married in every state? Their time will come. The bigger issues are more important. Crime, poverty, economy, health care. Democrats are failing on those issues and America has taken notice.

19-12-2014, 01:04 PM
(19-12-2014 10:28 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 10:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm far from a youth, sonny. Having lived through the last 50 years and watched the republicunt party...sorry if you don't like it but I really don't give a shit what you like...descend from Eisenhower to the current crop of retards we now have will fuck up one's outlook. I'm not too thrilled with the democrats but they are an order of magnitude better than the scum-sucking pigs in the GOP.
Which is why people will never take atheists seriously. Too many atheists refuse to realize that there are atheist republicans, gay republicans etc. Being an atheist has nothing to do with political party. Atheists unfortunately as a group are hostile and use inflammatory language. Too often I see the so called all inclusive left want to be exclusive. The atheist movement is held back by people just like you that push other atheists away or scare them into remaining hidden. While republicans are doing their best to reach out to blacks, hispanics, gays, women and even atheists. The people in the middle are swinging right again which is only going to push back what atheists have gained when more right leaning judges are appointed.

In essence you are correct. Yet again, this is an atheist forum. We aren't required to pander to any group (even our own) and this is the internet (no one calls me momsurroundedbyboys outside of the forum). We are incredibly diverse, as we should be, the only thing we have in common is a disbelief in gods. Everything else is up for grabs. As long as our forum rules are respected I don't care what's said.

In politics the ground always shifts, a little to the right, then to left and back again. Occasionally the pendulum swings a bit too far but equilibrium (of some sort) eventually occurs.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-12-2014, 01:06 PM
(19-12-2014 12:36 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  It's not the people being elected that are personally reaching out. It's the voters. The people at the conventions. Commenters on message boards. Social media groups. The message is being spread by Republicans as a group, not directly by the republican politicians. Vote for republicans if you want small government, gun rights, true immigration reform. Vote for democrats if you want to be controlled, told how much soda you can order with your dinner, have your means to defend yourself taken from you while the criminals keep theirs and ransack your homes.

That's not what I would consider "reaching out", especially when the republican's actions don't match their rhetoric on small government or immigration reform. The over-the-top scaremongering regarding the democrats is just funny; there is plenty to complain about without the need for the hyperbole.

Quote:Democrats have some good ideas, a lot I agree with like abortion and gay rights. But abortion is pretty much a settled issue and gays aren't that stifled. Nobody is imprisoning gays. Nobody is knocking down their doors while they are getting it on. So they can't get married in every state? Their time will come.

You aren't paying attention. Abortion rights are under threat in many areas and gays aren't stifled as long as they shut up and keep hidden... why should they have to wait for their time to come? Why does anybody else get to tell them that they don't have it so bad and should be patient?

Quote:The bigger issues are more important. Crime, poverty, economy. Democrats are failing on those issues.

I don't disagree with that but the republican track record is just as bad. Both parties need to be flushed. I don't think either side is interested in trying to find reasonable solutions to actual problems when they can retain power by pandering to the extremes.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
19-12-2014, 01:53 PM
(19-12-2014 12:36 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 12:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You don't see that as a problem? Party-line voting is nothing to be proud of in my opinion.

It's not the people being elected that are personally reaching out. It's the voters. The people at the conventions. Commenters on message boards. Social media groups. The message is being spread by Republicans as a group, not directly by the republican politicians. Vote for republicans if you want small government, gun rights, true immigration reform. Vote for democrats if you want to be controlled, told how much soda you can order with your dinner, have your means to defend yourself taken from you while the criminals keep theirs and ransack your homes.

Democrats have some good ideas, a lot I agree with like abortion and gay rights. But abortion is pretty much a settled issue and gays aren't that stifled. Nobody is imprisoning gays. Nobody is knocking down their doors while they are getting it on. So they can't get married in every state? Their time will come. The bigger issues are more important. Crime, poverty, economy, health care. Democrats are failing on those issues and America has taken notice.
Ransack homes you say?

19-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Aww - Res Publica has a friend now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post