Hail Satan!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Hail Satan!
(27-03-2013 08:42 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Alright, we've probably heard the discussions about how much God is a complete douche in the bible and all such as that so I figured why not look at the character who is on the other side of the table... Satan.

Satan seems like a pretty chill character to me; someone who doesn't require you to follow a strict set of rules, just relax and do your own thing.

He's down for sleeping in on the weekends instead of getting up and putting on uncomfortable clothes, then dragging your happy ass to a building where a guy stands up there and tells you how you're going to Hell this week.

He's known to the Christians as "the deceiver" for telling Adam and Eve the truth (how fucked up is that?).

What he's about: Sex, drugs, and rock music, that sounds like a hell of a good time.

He doesn't worry about homosexuals, abortion, the teaching of evolution, or any of the other thing that frequently get Pat Robertson's panties in a knot, in fact he seems not to give a damn.

To my recollection he didn't even kill anyone in the bible until God told him to do it...

While God's son was walking around causing havoc, Satan's son want to bring some ORDER to a NEW WORLD, right?

He's half goat... ya know, scapegoat...LOL

I think Yahweh is fabricated bullshit. Why would I believe in his pathetic prison bitch for an antagonist?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 10:33 AM
(27-03-2013 10:21 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Did you read some abridged version of Lord of the Rings? Or the Classic Comics version?

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Ancient history. Might be just legends with no bearing on reality.

Everyone is just taking Gandalf's word for that. Sauron made some cool rings and gave them away for free. Who did he bring? Who did he bind?

Maybe it's all just a plot by Gandalf to overthrow a rival.

Winners write the history books. Sauron was defeated and Gandalf and Elrond wrote the history books, who knows the real story?

In any case, in the actual LotR story, Sauron just sits there and waits to be destroyed. He hires some armies, breeds some more, mainly for self-defense and to attack his hostile neighbor who is constantly at war with him. He does almost nothing worthy of being hunted, persecuted, and ultimately destroyed. Just like Satan.

Two famous fictional bad guys who aren't really all that bad, misunderstood, products of their environment.

Very amusing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2013, 10:54 AM
(27-03-2013 08:42 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Alright, we've probably heard the discussions about how much God is a complete douche in the bible and all such as that so I figured why not look at the character who is on the other side of the table... Satan.

Satan seems like a pretty chill character to me; someone who doesn't require you to follow a strict set of rules, just relax and do your own thing.

He's down for sleeping in on the weekends instead of getting up and putting on uncomfortable clothes, then dragging your happy ass to a building where a guy stands up there and tells you how you're going to Hell this week.

He's known to the Christians as "the deceiver" for telling Adam and Eve the truth (how fucked up is that?).

What he's about: Sex, drugs, and rock music, that sounds like a hell of a good time.

He doesn't worry about homosexuals, abortion, the teaching of evolution, or any of the other thing that frequently get Pat Robertson's panties in a knot, in fact he seems not to give a damn.

To my recollection he didn't even kill anyone in the bible until God told him to do it...

While God's son was walking around causing havoc, Satan's son want to bring some ORDER to a NEW WORLD, right?

(27-03-2013 10:24 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

I think Yahweh is fabricated bullshit. Why would I believe in his pathetic prison bitch for an antagonist?

You shouldn't, it's all bullshit. Never said anything about believing in Satan, which is why I referred to him as a character, just said I like the character.

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
27-03-2013, 11:43 AM
(27-03-2013 10:54 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  

(27-03-2013 10:24 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I think Yahweh is fabricated bullshit. Why would I believe in his pathetic prison bitch for an antagonist?

You shouldn't, it's all bullshit. Never said anything about believing in Satan, which is why I referred to him as a character, just said I like the character.

In that case, Deacon Frost. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
21-10-2013, 12:37 PM
(27-03-2013 09:10 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I actually did a bible word search for "lucifer", "satan", and "devil", . . . and really didn't find that much "bad" with that character. And yes, he actually told [in the genesis fable] Adam and Eve the truth. From his point of view [not being able to see the future, Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with the Tree of Life], "death" would have been an unknown concept. Eating from the "Tree of Knowledge" actually DID as the god claimed it would, "making them like us, knowing good and evil".

Actually, technically he didn't; or rather, if he did, this isn't attributed to him. The antagonist in the Garden of Eden story is an unnamed serpent, and when YHWH finds out what he did (because he wasn't omnipotent back then), he punished all of the snakes by forcing them to crawl through the dust on their bellies and for there to be animosity between snakes and people (what did snakes look like before this point?). According to the story in Genesis, he literally is just a snake. Any association with Satan is a backward reading of Genesis with a Christian mindset.*

So far as I know, Satan is never mentioned by name until the story of Job. In the Old Testament, Satan is "The Adversary", and isn't even explicitly working against God, other than disagreeing with him. He only inflicts the hardships on Job (including the murder of his family!) with God's explicit permission.

It's not until the New Testament that Satan picks up the role of "The Deceiver" and is firmly placed on the Bad Team and given a black hat**. This makes sense, given Christianity's penchant for dichotomizing things into good and evil; the religion is one of putting us square in the center of a cosmic conflict and being saved by salvation, whereas the Old Testament tended to fixate on more worldly concerns (like conquering other tribes, and how to deal with the survivors).

*This is a really common thing for Christians to do when reading the Bible. The New Testament changed a lot of things, so they tend to read the Old Testament through that lens, and retcon a lot of stuff. For example, the OT only had one afterlife (called Sheol, which translates to "grave") where everyone went, good or bad. Heaven and Hell didn't come along until the NT. In the OT, all rewards and threats were in the form of "life and death", but a Christian reading of that interprets it as eternal life and death.

**This makes a lot of sense. If you want to push a fairly creepy morality system on people and not have them ask "the hard questions", you need to definitively create a single evil on which all blame can be placed, and then you can blame all of those hard questions and inconvenient facts on "lies from The Deceiver".
21-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Satan is the "God of Tits/Dicks and Wine"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
21-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Its all well and good, saying how liberal and fun Satan seems...

But there is one tiny problem.... He doesn't exist either.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
21-10-2013, 07:28 PM
(21-10-2013 06:46 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Its all well and good, saying how liberal and fun Satan seems...

If I was to find GOD, than surely RayComfort is Satan.
Exposing creationism one bananna at a time.

21-10-2013, 08:24 PM
(21-10-2013 07:28 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 06:46 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Its all well and good, saying how liberal and fun Satan seems...

If I was to find GOD, than surely RayComfort is Satan.

Satan is an Aussie?

I didn't see that one coming...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
21-10-2013, 08:50 PM
(21-10-2013 08:24 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 07:28 PM)sporehux Wrote:  If I was to find GOD, than surely RayComfort is Satan.

Satan is an Aussie?

I didn't see that one coming...

He is a Kiwi m8, Censored(virtual kick in the groin)
they can have Russel Crowe back as well "Ooo Aliens in the harbor : lmao