Halal Boycott

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Halal Boycott
This is a video I saw on Atheism UK concerning halal meat, how to recognize it, and how t avoid it. Halal involves an incredibly cruel method of animal slaughter in which the throat is slashed while the animal is alive and conscious, the animal is bled to death. It's cruel, gruesome and totally unnecessary... all in the name of religious superstition.

Link to video

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Halal Boycott
Disgusting practice Sad
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2013, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 06:04 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Oh, look, islamophobia trying to be disguised as "animal rights" Dodgy

Where's your outrage for kosher meat (jewish) that employs the exact same methods?

Don't dare to pass off factory farming as any less inhumane. Animals locked in place so they can't move an inch, maggot infested sores from bars and chains, non surgical mutilations of testicles, tails, etc, throwing or bulldozing live animals around, forced feedings, heads bashed in with hammers, etc, ETC. "Hey, the animals cost less than their cages, so what does it matter?"

What's more is that we have (depending on your country) strict laws that protect any investigations of these industries and prosecute people who actually record footage and expose it.

There's a right way to end animal cruelty, and there's a half assed, dishonest way that only serves to bolster bigotry.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
19-08-2013, 06:05 PM
(19-08-2013 05:55 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Oh, look, islamophobia trying to be disguised as "animal rights" Dodgy

Where's your outrage for kosher meat (jewish) that employs the exact same methods?

Don't dare to pass off factory farming as any less inhumane. Animals locked in place so they can't move an inch, maggot infested sores from bars and chains, non surgical mutilations of testicles, tails, etc, throwing or bulldozing live animals around, forced feedings, heads bashed in with hammers, etc, ETC. "Hey, the animals cost less than their cages, so what does it matter?"

What's more is that we have (depending on your country) strict laws that protect any investigations of these industries and prosecute people who actually record footage and expose it.

There's a right way to end animal cruelty, and there's a half assed, dishonest way that only serves to bolsters bigotry.

I have two concerns here. One is animal cruelty, the second is having religion and religious practices forced upon me whether I want them or not.

I am equally outraged at kosher meat, but so far, I haven't seen a video relating to it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
19-08-2013, 06:19 PM
(19-08-2013 05:55 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Oh, look, islamophobia trying to be disguised as "animal rights" Dodgy

There's a right way to end animal cruelty, and there's a half assed, dishonest way that only serves to bolster bigotry.

Again with this Islamophobia bullshit? It is a catch word so Oppressors can claim to be oppressed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-08-2013, 10:28 PM
.... if I've been a vegetarian for 12 years, do I count as being part of this boycott, or do I have to be hating on halal meat specifically?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
22-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Stop being an apologist for Islam. Islam is a set of beliefs, and any beliefs should be fair game for criticism. If someone doesn't like communism, does that make them communiphobic? If If someone disagrees with Keynesian economics, does that make them Keynesianphobic?
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post
23-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Plus, Islam is just batshit fucking stupid.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-08-2013, 07:01 AM
In Australia animals must be stunned before being killed, including halal[1].

[1] http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features...ughter.php

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I posted this on my Facebook page and this is what one of my facebook "friends" posted.

"This *is* hate and you should be ashamed for spreading it. Halal is simply the Muslim equivalent of Kosher (and the techniques are actually quite similar). If you hate all Muslims and Islam in general, you are a despicable himan being on par with neo-nazis, black nationalist and any other group that degrades and prejudges a race or culture as a whole. Shame, shame, shame."

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?