Halloween RPG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Halloween RPG
Hi for all pen&paper fans

I am going to run a Halloween themed RPG on 3rd (the weekend after Halloween) on Skype.
As a base for that RPG we will have, and who would have thought any different, Futurama.

I already have 3 players, everyone is invited to come as well.
I would like to estimate how many character sheets I have to write, so it would be cool if everyone who wants to play, could tell me until 31st.

You can "sign up" either here in the thread or via pm, I don't care.

So right now people who are in:
Leela (GM)
Malleus
Smooshmonster
Cian (a friend)

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
22-10-2012, 10:52 AM
RE: Halloween RPG
First ( I wanna play)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2012, 12:19 PM
noted and on the list

updated list:
Leela (GM)
Malleus
Smooshmonster
Cian (a friend)
Xinoftruden

22-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I have never played a pen & paper RPG before. Where can I go to learn how it's played? I know a GM is in charge, but I am pretty clueless of what to expect. Where can I find a good, simple, explanation?

22-10-2012, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 02:33 PM by Leela.)
DarkLight: Either just google or check on youtube or go with my short explanation Smile

So yes, a GM will provide every player with a character sheet.
The character sheet will tell you who you are, your goals if you have any, your personality and what you can and can't do.
The second thing the GM provides is as certain szenario in which you are going to play. For example the GM might tell you that the game takes place in the dark ages and your friend is on a witch trial and you have to prove that this friend is innocent. So now you and your group have to try this together but maybe someone else has another goal, maybe you have a spy on your team or someone who is selfish, or the real witch, or or or. So you try to reach your goal, you try to work together (if you decide to) and the rest is up to you.
The third thing the GM provides is every answer to a certain decree. The GM knows everyone and everything in the game (apart from what you are going to do). He may provide you with certain info without asking and may withold info until you ask about it. He also tells you everything else. Say you are in a dark room, and you need light, he can tell you if you are close to a light source if you ask him. Things like that and bigger. He can tell you about the world you are playing in.
How the game ends is mostly up to the players.

Something everyone will need are two dice. Because a lot of things that you want to do will depend on the roll. For the gamers out there: 2d6
For normal people: 2 normal dice

pen&paper because you may need a pen and a paper to write down thing. For example if you find something that you want to pick up and take with you. You might wanna write down that you have it, otherwise you could forget.

@Smooshmonster: Please correct me or add if I explained wrong or forgot something Smile

EDIT:
just found a decent vid of a session here. you get from the time there, it takes a few hours to play that, so if you sign up, make sure you have a few hours spare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3WdSNl...re=related

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
22-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm in. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-10-2012, 02:39 PM
(22-10-2012 02:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm in. Drinking Beverage
Yay! He's in!!!! YAY Thumbsup Cool Banana_zorro

new updated list:
Leela (GM) <GMT+2>
Malleus <GMT+2>
Smooshmonster <GMT>
Cian (a friend) <GMT>
Xinoftruden
Erxomai Banana_zorro

I just remembered that timezones could be important. could you guys provide me with those, please? Just so I can make a time that suits everyone.

22-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd be willing to give it a try, but I may bugger it up. Do you pick your character, roll for it, or does the GM decide? I'm assuming the GM has pre-made character sheets....Also, I didn't see a start time, but my time is EST or GMT - 5.

22-10-2012, 02:56 PM
-5 ,,'

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
22-10-2012, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 02:27 AM by Leela.)
Dark Light: The GM decides but no worries, I'll try make the characters fit kinda and/or have them a little funny as well. Also I didn't fix a time yet because I need to know timezones first, so it can be a time that is not 1am for anyone (at least not the starting time heh)

Generally:
A few characters I have in mind already. I know who I wanna give to Cian and Malleus. Not sure about the rest yet but for Cian and Malleus I have great characters Big Grin

Leela (GM) <GMT+2>
Malleus <GMT+2>
Smooshmonster <GMT>
Cian (a friend) <GMT>
Xinoftruden <GMT-5>
Erxomai <GMT-7> << thanks Erx for editing this in>
Dark Light <GMT-5>