Halloween annoyance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Halloween annoyance
(01-11-2014 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:36 PM)KnowtheSilence Wrote:  I wouldn't say that to an entire room full, either. I also wouldn't say it to a single kid apropos of nothing. But if one of them wanted to know if I believed in Santa or told me why I should believe in Santa, I'd be straight with them.

I don't feel like the parents, whether they're with the kids or not, have any right to expect the people they send their kids to evangelize at should bite their tongues.

Next year you're handing out the candy with Girlyman.

He can sing to them, you can engage them.

I'll sit on the steps and just enjoy a cocktail,bowl of popcorn and probably choke to death from laughter.

Not a good plan...no, no...not a good plan. What with all that hugging Girly is likely to do - it could be a problem. No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 05:07 PM
(01-11-2014 04:41 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I suppose, I look it as I wouldn't tell a room full of preschoolers there isn't any Santa. What goes on is between them and their parents. I suppose and none of my or anyone else's concern.

I get that they're coming to my door. But it's not as though the parents were standing beside them...the parents stood on the sidewalk.

The kids were young enough that there would be no discussion to be had.

I agree. Their kids are simply doing what their parents want them to be doing and don't know any better. Telling them that would hurt their feelings; THEN you'd probably have to confront the parents.

I find it upsetting those parents thought it was OK to proselytize on Halloween. I'm also starting to think with the increase amount of things going wrong with the world, the more people turn to evangelism. I've been seeing it more on my Facebook feed and elsewhere. It scares me.

Thanks for this. It is completely scary to me when the pendulum swings too far as it appears to be lately.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
(01-11-2014 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Next year you're handing out the candy with Girlyman.

He can sing to them, you can engage them.

I'll sit on the steps and just enjoy a cocktail,bowl of popcorn and probably choke to death from laughter.

Not a good plan...no, no...not a good plan. What with all that hugging Girly is likely to do - it could be a problem. No

He can hug me. Smile

01-11-2014, 05:13 PM
(01-11-2014 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 05:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not a good plan...no, no...not a good plan. What with all that hugging Girly is likely to do - it could be a problem. No

He can hug me. Smile

People would scurry down the sidewalk - no, kids...there's a strange man in a fundoshi hugging people at that house.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 05:29 PM by Mathilda.)
OK let's think about this from base principles:

1) The kids are too young to know any better

2) The parents are using the kids to proselytise

3) You don't want to upset the kids who are enjoying Halloween

4) But if the parents continue doing this then they will destroy the fun of Halloween

5) You need to do something that will discourage the parents from using the kids to proselytise

Answer: You need to give something back to the children which the parents will not approve of. You only need to give out one or two before word gets around at church.

I'm thinking:

Awkward Moments Children's Bible, Vol. 1

The Satanic Bible

DNA: The Marvellous Molecule

10 Critical Thinking Card Games: Easy-to-Play, Reproducible Card and Board Games That Boost Kids' Critical Thinking Skills-and Help Them Succeed on Tests

Inner Child Cards: A Fairy-Tale Tarot
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
01-11-2014, 07:19 PM
That really sucks for those kids. Shitty parents taking away a fun holiday that should be just about being dumb and dressing stupid to get junk to eat. It used to be my favorite time of the year because it was the only real time kids could just be kids without any heavy melodrama.

I would have asked the kids if I could have a talk with their parents and also given the kids a ton of candy. Then the parents would have gotten reamed out. Don't come to my mother fucking house and send little children out on their day to work for you and your stupid cause. I will lose my shit all over your dumb face.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
01-11-2014, 11:31 PM
(01-11-2014 07:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That really sucks for those kids. Shitty parents taking away a fun holiday that should be just about being dumb and dressing stupid to get junk to eat. It used to be my favorite time of the year because it was the only real time kids could just be kids without any heavy melodrama.

I would have asked the kids if I could have a talk with their parents and also given the kids a ton of candy. Then the parents would have gotten reamed out. Don't come to my mother fucking house and send little children out on their day to work for you and your stupid cause. I will lose my shit all over your dumb face.

Oh wow....

I could just kiss you. Shy

01-11-2014, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 11:40 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(01-11-2014 05:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  OK let's think about this from base principles:

1) The kids are too young to know any better

2) The parents are using the kids to proselytise

3) You don't want to upset the kids who are enjoying Halloween

4) But if the parents continue doing this then they will destroy the fun of Halloween

5) You need to do something that will discourage the parents from using the kids to proselytise

Answer: You need to give something back to the children which the parents will not approve of. You only need to give out one or two before word gets around at church.

I'm thinking:

Awkward Moments Children's Bible, Vol. 1

The Satanic Bible

DNA: The Marvellous Molecule

10 Critical Thinking Card Games: Easy-to-Play, Reproducible Card and Board Games That Boost Kids' Critical Thinking Skills-and Help Them Succeed on Tests

Inner Child Cards: A Fairy-Tale Tarot

That critical thinking game is great!

02-11-2014, 12:48 AM
(01-11-2014 01:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Jeez, I wish those parents would have just let them have a normal Halloween. I can't imagine what it must be like to grow up in those homes. No I would have been put off on the whole night too, moms.

Some of us don't have to imagine. Blush

I got Bible Character Day as a dress up holiday substitute for Halloween, and it was just as lame as it sounds.

On the plus side, I never had any cavities as a kid either.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
02-11-2014, 01:09 AM
(01-11-2014 01:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know why this annoyed me, but I found it deeply offensive.

Simple: child exploitation.

Kids who aren't even old enough to understand the implications of what they're expected to believe, are being used by their parents like tools to spread their bullshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post