Halloween costume/ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 07:25 PM by canadianmom.)
Halloween costume/ideas?
So this Friday is Halloween and I have to share one story before my post that made me giggle. As a stay at home mom, I get a lot of door knockers during the day and a couple days back, we had the bible toting folks come out and make their way around my street. My kids are of a age where they want to decorate so of course, I let them go hog wild. Bloodied skulls, grim reapers hanging from the garage, skulls in the front garden and cobwebs on the door usually denote 'festive' to me HOWEVER to my door knockers, perhaps, not so much? I observed the usual confident smile up the drive only to be followed by a look of horror and then a quick about face and back to the car. I think I cheeredBlush
As parents, do you dress up with your kids?
As atheists, do you push the costume a little?
I really wanted to be the spaghetti monster and have my hubby wear the colander but that just involves a little too much crafty work then I am capable of so instead, I am a hippie.....go figure and my hubster will still wear the colander as there is an active case here in BC so we find it funny but of course, not pushing the boundaries.
Any thoughts????
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like canadianmom's post
28-10-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Halloween costume/ideas?
Love Halloween! We have some decorations out and will put the rest out Thursday most likely (or, I should say my husband will as he doesn't work that day).

My kids are grown but the granddaughter that lives nearby will come by to help hand out candy. Not sure if I will dress up or not - probably will - something Gothic since I already have a couple costumes and wigs.

Here's the house from a couple years ago - add fog and spooky music and the 'good' candy and we are off and running. Big Grin

[img][Image: graveyard_zpsb6454465.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-10-2014, 07:24 PM
(28-10-2014 06:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Love Halloween! We have some decorations out and will put the rest out Thursday most likely (or, I should say my husband will as he doesn't work that day).

My kids are grown but the granddaughter that lives nearby will come by to help hand out candy. Not sure if I will dress up or not - probably will - something Gothic since I already have a couple costumes and wigs.

Here's the house from a couple years ago - add fog and spooky music and the 'good' candy and we are off and running. Big Grin

I love the eyes in the above window!! I have a similar window and want to start utilizing it.....are those cut outs?
28-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Black face.
Ebola.
Something to do with nazi's and wheeling around a wheelbarrow with someone playing a dead Jew.

Stuff like that.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-10-2014, 07:29 PM
That's too funny about the door knockers Big Grin

How old are your kids? Just want to try and get an idea for costumes Big Grin

I don't have any myself, and our neighborhood doesn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters, so we usually don't do much, if anything at all Undecided we may just go down to my parents house this year. Their neighborhood gets hundreds of kids each year.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-10-2014, 07:32 PM
You could go as the Antares rocket?

No?

Too soon?

Oh comon people, nobody was killed or injured it's safe to joke about!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Wear a shirt with a single red dot on it and show up to the party 30 minutes late. Scariest costume ever. A late period.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-10-2014, 07:41 PM
(28-10-2014 07:24 PM)canadianmom Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 06:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Love Halloween! We have some decorations out and will put the rest out Thursday most likely (or, I should say my husband will as he doesn't work that day).

I love the eyes in the above window!! I have a similar window and want to start utilizing it.....are those cut outs?

I got them several years ago, they are like the door covers you can get. The cat eyes and whiskers show up real well when I place a lamp behind each one. I wish I could find another set of them as these are about 8 years old and can't last much longer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm gonna be an amnesiac schoolgirl with c-cups.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
28-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm going to dress up as an Atheist for Halloween. Drinking Beverage

Apparently, we're the scariest thing since serial rapists... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post