Hallucinations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: Hallucinations
(15-10-2012 11:10 AM)Funtheist Wrote:  I was just listening to an old post on ghosts, etc. and I was wondering how many people have ever taken a hallucinogenic drug. Most church doctrines are very much against them, and our laws reflect this biased attitude. I think that the radical change in American society during the 1960s, in part driven by LSD, was because many people realized they were already living in a mass hallucination, and rather nightmarish one at that.

Funtheist..............is there something you're trying to confide in us? It's OK, man. We're here for you. You don't need to fear judgement here.

Also, how prevalent was LSD use in the 60s? Where are the numbers? I had thought the reason we heard so much about LSD use in the 60s had less to do with its prevalence and more to do with how interesting the stories about its use were.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2012, 06:10 PM
(17-10-2012 05:28 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 11:10 AM)Funtheist Wrote:  I was just listening to an old post on ghosts, etc. and I was wondering how many people have ever taken a hallucinogenic drug. Most church doctrines are very much against them, and our laws reflect this biased attitude. I think that the radical change in American society during the 1960s, in part driven by LSD, was because many people realized they were already living in a mass hallucination, and rather nightmarish one at that.

Funtheist..............is there something you're trying to confide in us? It's OK, man. We're here for you. You don't need to fear judgement here.

Also, how prevalent was LSD use in the 60s? Where are the numbers? I had thought the reason we heard so much about LSD use in the 60s had less to do with its prevalence and more to do with how interesting the stories about its use were.

It was readily available. Yes

I'm sure I read that somewhere. Yeah, that's it. I read it somewhere.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-10-2012, 06:20 PM
(17-10-2012 06:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 05:28 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Funtheist..............is there something you're trying to confide in us? It's OK, man. We're here for you. You don't need to fear judgement here.

It was readily available. Yes

I'm sure I read that somewhere. Yeah, that's it. I read it somewhere.Consider

Or do you mean "Yeah, that's the ticket!"?

[Image: romney-lovitz.jpg]

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user