Hallucinogenics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Hallucinogenics
I wanted to pick your collective mind regarding experiences had from hallucinogenics in light of the atheist frame of reference. Do you think they serve a useful purpose? For me, one experience helped to shape the notion that there is no life after death. I was at a memorial in San Francisco in 2001 for the death of Terrence McKenna and was offered DMT from another attendee. I was expecting an intensely visual dream world to appear, but rather went through a death/rebirth experience that included myself fading out into non-existence. I read that our bodies naturally produce the DMT molecule twice in our lives: when we are born, and when we die. Which kinda explains the whole death rebirth experience. I came out of it feeling like I just had a complete life reset. What are your thoughts? Have any of you had any similar experiences?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
27-07-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: Hallucinogenics
(27-07-2015 07:16 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  I read that our bodies naturally produce the DMT molecule twice in our lives: when we are born, and when we die.

I don't think that's right. Think we produce DMT throughout our lives especially in response to traumatic events as well as deep REM sleep. ... And exogenous supplementation is always an option.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Them hallucinations are all in your head............

I do have "a bit" of experience here.... When I was in the service - they had just started urinalysis testing for drugs -- and surprise, surprise -- LSD, mescaline, peyote and mushrooms were not tested for.....

Guess what the recreational drug of choice became?????

Big Grin

Do I recommend them???

No.

Did I enjoy them??

Yes.

So why don't I recommend them???

Because - I've seen far too many people who did NOT enjoy them, and/or got themselves into all sorts of grief using them.

and

I've met people who can smoke one cigarette a month -- and never any more -- but most people aren't like that.

Some people can walk away, some can't....

It's a stacked deck. You're better off not playing.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 07:47 AM
(28-07-2015 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Them hallucinations are all in your head............

I do have "a bit" of experience here.... When I was in the service - they had just started urinalysis testing for drugs -- and surprise, surprise -- LSD, mescaline, peyote and mushrooms were not tested for.....

Guess what the recreational drug of choice became?????

Big Grin

Do I recommend them???

No.

Did I enjoy them??

Yes.

So why don't I recommend them???

Because - I've seen far too many people who did NOT enjoy them, and/or got themselves into all sorts of grief using them.

and

I've met people who can smoke one cigarette a month -- and never any more -- but most people aren't like that.

Some people can walk away, some can't....

It's a stacked deck. You're better off not playing.

Thanks for the warning, but I don't intend to return to my life of heavy hallucinogenic consumption. The last time I did LSD a friend of mine filled a rum bottle cap full of liquid lavender and handed it to me. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 hits and like the idiot I was I downed it. It kicked in within two minutes and I quickly walked home. I remember tripping in the bathroom and then barfing all over the floor, then my roomates dog came in afterwards and started licking it up. That poor little Jack Russel Terrier was never the same again and I never took acid again after that. It wasn't that it was necessarily a bad trip as it was coming to the realisation of my recklessness. I had friends that were cooks or worked for cooks and they always knew I would be willing to test it out for them and I did. The hits I've taken over the years probably exceeds 1000. I've done mescaline a couple times, mushrooms a handful of times and DMT twice. The only ones I would ever consider doing again in the future are mushrooms and DMT.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Agree, shrooms. All the fun of acid without the headache.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-07-2015, 08:43 AM
(28-07-2015 08:13 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Agree, shrooms. All the fun of acid without the headache.
For most people - even the vomiting (which frequently happens) is sorta a cool experience.......

Rainbow Vomit

oh wow man..............

Did you SEE that??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 09:15 AM
I don't take hallucinogenics. And no, the lepricorn did not tell me to say that.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
28-07-2015, 11:24 AM
I had my day with hallucinogenics - acid, anyway. Fairly low dose hits and good experiences all around. No regrets. I've always been pretty selective about my altered states.

These days, I am reluctant to "party" with anyone I don't know well. It's not that I don't trust someone else with my health but ... uh ... actually, yes, it's pretty much that.

Also, I have very little clue what is floating around these days and so, I stick to my main rule: If I don't know exactly what it is, I don't do it. Full disclosure: my main rule was created after a laced joint incident. I can not recommend angeldust.... or assholes who think suprise drugs are "funny". Dodgy

I don't mind natural stuff but ... frankly, I tried mushrooms a couple times ... meh... didn't seem to effect me. Maybe... I was already goofy and the shrooms just got everyone else on my level of goofyness. Blink

Anymore, I'm reluctant to go with anything outside alcohol, preferablly a good wine or beer... or a single hit of pot, which can keep me comfortably entertained for an evening.

I do know that LSD is being very successfully used to treat depression and addiction. And from what I understand, it's cut the treatment length of psychiatric therapy and psycho analysis from 20 years to 4 years on average. It has become quite a beneficial, theraputic tool. I'm all for that! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-07-2015, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 02:39 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I did LSD and 'shrooms a few times in my misspent youth. Preferred the 'shrooms, but the fry wasn't bad either. Last time I tripped on either was 1986. I enjoyed being able to look at things from a perspective that didn't feel like my own, but I wouldn't do them again, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do them either; there are better and safer ways to arrive at altered states, I think.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-07-2015, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 01:02 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I've dabbled with hallucinogens here and there, shrooms actually, maybe about half a dozen times, all after the age of 25.

I can't speak for everyone but for me at least the effects of tripping were very different from the way they're portrayed in movies and popular culture in general. I never saw talking caterpillars, never met Sasquatch, never spent an hour talking to a cheese danish, etc. I didn't see objects or colors that weren't there, but I DID perceive mundane stimuli with a new perspective.

I remember once washing my hands in the bathroom sink and thinking that the water seemed more reflective and "prismatic" than usual.

I remember looking at the wood-grain on my guitar and seeing it not for the finished product it now was, but more as the natural process of a living thing that grew into that particular grain pattern, etc.

I remember hearing live music and FEELING the soundwaves, especially of the bass notes, and being amazed by the fact that what started as a melodic concept in the musician's mind became a physical, palpable presence in our shared experience of the moment.

I remember looking up at the stars and seeing a momentary "twinkle" in one of them and thinking how amazing it was that that brief increase in brightness, which likely happened millions of years ago in a star that quite possibly no longer exists, happened to catch my eye.

I don't think "miracle" is the right word, because it didn't draw me towards anything supernatural; in fact it was the exact opposite. When I tripped I was generally filled by an intense feeling of appreciation that of all the possible times and places I could have existed, of all the combinations of cells that could have been me and my friends, and the rocks and trees and grass and dirt and air around us how LUCKY I was to have arrived at that time and place in a universe without any over-arching purpose or "design" to it. Our existence, in a purely material and natural universe without motive, is to my mind all the more awe-inspiring and special than the notion that some malevolent prick put all this together intentionally to watch our lives for his own twisted and depraved entertainment. Opening the doors of my perception only served to reinforce how sure I was that this was all happening according to natural laws and that while we may not know all the answers it is ALL knowable and explainable and that we stand merely at the early primitive beginnings of our understanding of the universe and its laws.

Deep shit, Man!
[+] 8 users Like Mr. Boston's post