Hallucinogenics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Hallucinogenics
(03-09-2015 02:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the only antidote is time.

Perhaps the placebo effect is at work with that one.
Quite possible mate but it was still fucking amazing that's for sure.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 05:04 PM
In the hippie days I spent a year more or less on LSD. I never had any weird hallucinations. If I would stare at something long enough, I would see patterns, that's it for hallucinations. For me it was just a way to see reality from a different perspective. It was interesting, and then the day came when it got boring.

I don't much recommend it to others though, I have seen people who reacted badly to it, including one guy who went catatonic and as far as I know never came out of it. Thus, what Kim says - no quality control.

Shrooms were a nice, mellow experience. Opium made me sleepy and then sick. Same for Heroin. I didn't care for coke one way or another. Uppers caused a hangover and I just didn't like the way they made me feel.

I stick with a glass of wine or beer with dinner nowadays, and smoke weed when I feel like getting high or when I have physical pain.

Everyone responds differently to drugs depending on their personal chemical balance at the time. Add to that the fact that you have no idea what exactly you are taking, and yes, it's a crap shoot.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-09-2015, 05:53 PM
I took LSD in 1966. I was in college. Timothy Leary had spoken there. His speech was slow and at the age of 46 he told us to trust nobody over 30. But I was suffering from alcoholism and depression and felt I had nothing to lose. A friend gave me a hit of LSD which he said was from Owsley (the famous LSD producer) and though I have no independent confirmation, I believe it to have been so. Owsley acid was known for its quality and purity.

I had a very positive experience. Visually, there were the ubiquitous "tracers" and everything seemed extremely sharp and clear, like putting on the right glasses when you've been nearsighted. The intricate branches of the leafless trees struck me as amazing. I felt that I had insights into my depression and alcoholism, and for two weeks afterwards I felt noticeably upbeat, in contrast to my normal depression, and I had no desire to drink.

After those two weeks, I slipped back to my former mental state, but I credit the insights the acid gave me for my resolve to quit drinking, even though it took me several years and several tries to finally kick my alcohol habit. Most importantly, was the insight that I was drinking because I was depressed, but drinking was making me more depressed. That was the real key to my eventual recovery from alcoholism. (Parenthetically, after 25 years absolutely sober, I decided to see if I was still an alcoholic. After a big meal I drank a glass of wine. I liked the taste, but it made me feel very slightly dizzy, and very slightly queasy, and I had no desire to drink another glass, either that day or the next. Another 17 years have now passed since then, and I've had probably a dozen beers and a couple of glasses of wine in that time, because I like the taste, but not the alcohol.)

Some time after that first LSD trip, hoping to re-live the good experience, I tried it again, and this time it was as unpleasant as the first had been pleasant. A few years later I tried it one last time, and again, it was not pleasant. Perhaps it was the "guiding" of the friend who gave me that first hit that made that first trip what it was. It's been about four decades since the last time I took it and I've never been tempted to try it or any other hallucinogens again.

I do believe that used properly, under proper supervision, LSD can have therapeutic effects. I would not advise anyone to use it recreationally, just as I would not advise anyone to take medicine without the advice of a doctor. People who use LSD a lot seem to be always spaced out, and it looks to me as though their brains do not function properly.

A year or two after my first LSD trip I smoked pot for the first time and continued for a few years. At the time it seemed to help with my chronic depression as well as my insomnia. This would have been probably from around 1968 to around 1974. I quit smoking pot because it muddled my brain. I liked the euphoria, but not the mental impairment.

About a decade after that, at the age of 35, I began jogging, as an aid to keeping my weight under control. I found that in addition to the obvious health effects, jogging helped curb my appetite, it virtually eliminated my chronic depression, and my insomnia nearly disappeared. I think the LSD helped me, and the pot got me through a few rough years, but in the end it was exercise that did me the most good.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post