Poll: Do you like Halo: Reach?
Yes.
No.
I have mixed feelings.
I haven't played it yet.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Halo: Reach

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Halo: Reach
I just thought I'd make a topic where we could all discuss Halo: Reach. What do you guys think of the game?

Here are my stats: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/defaul...0j00theist

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2010, 10:56 AM
RE: Halo: Reach
Brilliant game. Love it. Not perfect by any means - the perfect game would be a fusion of Bioshock and Fallout 3 - but pretty close. Gotta love Invasion mode.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-09-2010, 04:21 AM
I am a great fan of all things Halo, books graffic novels etc. The build up and hype for Reach was amazing, with all the live action vids coming out and the like. But i felt a sence of disappointment when it arrived.

I was expecting to be pulled in a bit more with the story and for there to be some serious grueling action sequences. Nothing really triggered any emotional connection to the characters and when they died i didnt really care much. At least for me. I was hoping for the kind of emotional connection similar to the "Dom finds Maria" Scene in Gears of War 2. I wanted to be absolutely devastated at each loss of a team mate.

In my opinion most of the spartans went out like punks, particularly Kat, who was one of the more interesting characters. I was hoping for epic deaths! Spartans are not pussies so they deserve some drama! The only true epic spartan death was by noble 6 at the very end. Made me think back to the original spartan battle at the hot gates.

all in all i think it could have done better but it was a great game.

It's easy to think people are listening to you, but in actual fact they are just waiting for their turn to speak.
[+] 1 user Likes Nealson's post
25-09-2010, 08:26 PM
See that you have a negative kill spread :/ not good. LOL. I used to play Halo 2 religiously. I was on the GAME STOP team for a few weeks but got kicked off when my mom wouldn't let me go to Vegas for a tournament LOL.

Haven't boughten a 360 as a self control deal haha. I have a hard enough time meeting women already. But I got a few accounts up to 50's two years ago because we had an xbox in our freshman dorm room.

I recently played Reach for the first time and loved it. Has a lot of potential to be one of the best multiplayer games of the series. My only problem was the lack of maps. Sure you get the new FORGE [which kicks ass] but I can see them milking 3/4 map packs [sigh].....

Still think it looks like a great game and Bungie will sure end their development with the Halo series with a bang~!
26-09-2010, 07:49 AM
(24-09-2010 10:56 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Brilliant game. Love it. Not perfect by any means - the perfect game would be a fusion of Bioshock and Fallout 3 - but pretty close. Gotta love Invasion mode.
I like Invasion mode a lot too. Unfortunately, I'm not a HUGE fan of Boneyard (due to me playing on it a lot during the beta), and whenever there's a game on Spire, it's Invasion Slayer, which is world's apart from regular Invasion.

(25-09-2010 08:26 PM)UtahSkeptic Wrote:  See that you have a negative kill spread :/ not good. LOL. I used to play Halo 2 religiously. I was on the GAME STOP team for a few weeks but got kicked off when my mom wouldn't let me go to Vegas for a tournament LOL.

Haven't boughten a 360 as a self control deal haha. I have a hard enough time meeting women already. But I got a few accounts up to 50's two years ago because we had an xbox in our freshman dorm room.

I recently played Reach for the first time and loved it. Has a lot of potential to be one of the best multiplayer games of the series. My only problem was the lack of maps. Sure you get the new FORGE [which kicks ass] but I can see them milking 3/4 map packs [sigh].....

Still think it looks like a great game and Bungie will sure end their development with the Halo series with a bang~!
Yeah, I'm not great at Reach, but I'm definitely getting better. I wish SWAT was its own playlist, because I'd play it all the time. Unfortunately, in order to actually get to SWAT, I have to possibly play multiple rounds of Team Slayer or Slayer DMRs (pretty fun) or Snipers before SWAT comes up as an option. I too am a little disappointed at the lack of maps. Halo 3 shipped with more maps, and each DLC was $10 for three maps. Hopefully Bungie will make it $10 for four or five maps since we had less to start with. It's only fair.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
26-09-2010, 07:24 PM
(26-09-2010 07:49 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  Unfortunately, I'm not a HUGE fan of Boneyard

BLASPHEMY

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-09-2010, 04:45 AM
(26-09-2010 07:24 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2010 07:49 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  Unfortunately, I'm not a HUGE fan of Boneyard

BLASPHEMY
It's alright to play Invasion on, but I don't think it's anything special. I prefer Spire for Invasion and I really don't like Snipers.

I wreck in SWAT. Playing SWAT made me realize that there is in fact a God, and I am Him. Bow before me or I'll snipe you. Wink

-Stephen Colbert
28-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I finally played it today, I had to use my brother's XBox since I don't have one and I was really bored... I don't really know what to think, some of the new guns are cool and fun but I was kinda yawning through it. I'm gonna play some more, maybe it's just the beginning that's slow, I'm gonna give it another chance... But I just thought it was boring on first impression :\

02-10-2010, 03:14 AM

Yes, I absolutely loving this game Halo:reach too much, but I came to know after playing this that it is much faster-paced than previous Halo offerings. And the another thing is that the weapons seem to be really unbalanced, but still I like this game that much.
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 06:55 AM
(02-10-2010 03:14 AM)nikjerry Wrote:  Yes, I absolutely loving this game Halo:reach too much, but I came to know after playing this that it is much faster-paced than previous Halo offerings. And the another thing is that the weapons seem to be really unbalanced, but still I like this game that much.
What do you find unbalance? I think it's pretty balanced. The less-accurate weapons like the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Repeater, and Needler all have target-seeking rounds, and the more powerful weapons have low ammo.

-Stephen Colbert