Ham in hot water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 02:30 PM by Vosur.)
Ham in hot water
No, not a food thread Shy

Ken Ham was handed a whole lot of money from the state of Kentucky to help build his Ark themed amusement park. He was given the money because the park was estimated to create 600-700 jobs for the state.

But oh dear, the state of Kentucky got a peek at Ken Ham's job applications for said theme park. All applicants are required to sign a “Salvation testimony,” a "Creation belief statement,” and a “Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG statement of faith.” Not only that, but they are also required to attend a local "bible believing church".

Kentucky is not happy, and is threatening to withhold future funding, and a bunch of juicy tax breaks. Way to go Kentucky!! (Though, I don't think they should have ever given him the approximately 19 million to begin with Dodgy )

Of course what does Ken Ham do? Instead of just following state law in order to get his theme park built, he cries persecution. Facepalm

What about all the non-Christians who are in need of a job, Ken? Talk about persecution.

edit to try and fix the link

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Smercury44's post
28-10-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Ham in hot water
(28-10-2014 05:04 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What about all the non-Christians who are in need of a job, Ken? Talk about persecution.

Poor Ken Spam. The state is discriminating against his right to discriminate against people. I'm getting all weepy... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 12 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
28-10-2014, 05:26 PM
I think this is old news. I can distinctly remember thinking "Why on Earth would anyone but a Christian want to work there in the first place?".

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
28-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't know why my url link doesn't seem to be working for me, but if others are having trouble, I got it to work by copying and pasting the link.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...tucky.html

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-10-2014, 05:35 PM
(28-10-2014 05:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't know why my url link doesn't seem to be working for me, but if others are having trouble, I got it to work by copying and pasting the link.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...tucky.html

Still givin' me a 404, but that's alright. Incredible that Ham would willingly try to skirt the law and cry persecution when he's caught. I bet dollars to donuts he's gonna end up in prison at some point over this ark mess. When shit goes down I bet nobody ever see's that money again.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Here is what I thought when I saw the thread title...

[Image: 2008-10-28_bean-and-ham-soup.jpg]

Oh well - and they said - let there be soup! Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
28-10-2014, 05:36 PM
He's trying to take advantage of the pork barrel, feeding at the public trough, and now he's squealing like a stuck pig. He's the butt of jokes, he'll never loin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 20 users Like Chas's post
28-10-2014, 05:37 PM
(28-10-2014 05:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  He's trying to take advantage of the pork barrel, feeding at the public trough, and now he's squealing like a stuck pig. He's the butt of jokes, he'll never loin.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Wait a minute. Why does Ken Ham need so much money to build an ark anyway? Didn't a 600 year old man build one by hand the first time around? Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 7 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
28-10-2014, 05:48 PM
(28-10-2014 05:47 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Wait a minute. Why does Ken Ham need so much money to build an ark anyway? Didn't a 600 year old man build one by hand the first time around? Consider

God was younger then - he probably helped. Tongue

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post