Ham in hot water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 11:41 PM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: Ham in hot water
A 600 year old man and 7 others built the ark...for FREE!

Its something like 4-6000 years later and hundreds of millions of dollars cannot build a "replic" of it.

I truly think Ken Ham is a lying theiving snake. There is no way that money is going to build a park. I just think he is going to try and bleed the usa as dry as he can and seconds before swat teams burst down his door to recollect the money they GAVE HIM, he will be long gone on some island as a millionaire.

I found the article btw.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/14/10/28/...rimination

I am going to be extremely heart broken if this park ever sees completion and opens.
I will be devisated if it is a success beyond even ken hams expectations.
I will commit suicide if it becomes the new six flags or disney land in twenty or thirty years.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Now I'm depressed this isn't about food.. and that I never have eaten green eggs and or green ham(the distinction if the ham is green is not actually set in the way the language is written)

I don't understand what the justification for giving this theme park a tax break was to begin with.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-10-2014, 12:07 AM
(28-10-2014 11:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't understand what the justification for giving this theme park a tax break was to begin with.

[Image: cause-this-is-merica.jpg]

If they didn't, it would have made the Baby Jesus cry...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-10-2014, 06:23 AM
(28-10-2014 05:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 05:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't know why my url link doesn't seem to be working for me, but if others are having trouble, I got it to work by copying and pasting the link.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...tucky.html

Still givin' me a 404, but that's alright. Incredible that Ham would willingly try to skirt the law and cry persecution when he's caught. I bet dollars to donuts he's gonna end up in prison at some point over this ark mess. When shit goes down I bet nobody ever see's that money again.

This reminds me of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker who built Heritage USA which went belly-up after it's tax exemption was revoked and Jim Baker resigned amid controversy of his affairs and financial scandals.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
29-10-2014, 07:44 AM
(28-10-2014 11:26 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am going to be extremely heart broken if this park ever sees completion and opens.
I will be devisated if it is a success beyond even ken hams expectations.
I will commit suicide if it becomes the new six flags or disney land in twenty or thirty years.

The good part, is that seems incredible unlikely (mainly the second two, but even completion looks less likely the longer this goes on). Aside from the initial wow factor of "proof" of their fairy tales (Laughat ) this park sounds incredibly lame. I forget where it was, but I could swear I read that, now that it's become painfully obvious it doesn't have anywhere near the money it needs, it's just going to have the ark and a smallish petting zoo, at least at first (and if it took so long to get to that point...). So, imagine if Disneyland consisted solely of a replica of Cinderella's castle and a ten character meet and greet, and you can probably see why it's likely to fail.

Plus, this thing is probably going to end up suffering the same way the Creation Museum is suffering; it's unlikely much will change. There are only so many Biblical rides you can make, and while the ark will surely make people drool upon first sight, it's not really something you need to see twice, unless you're some kind of combination diehard Christian and boat enthusiast.

(28-10-2014 11:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't understand what the justification for giving this theme park a tax break was to begin with.

Something about it bringing the state a lot of money through tourism after completion.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
29-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Mmmm... Ham in hot water.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
29-10-2014, 09:59 AM
When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be about something not being kosher. Ken Ham and his ark? Yeah, I was right. Not kosher at all. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
29-10-2014, 10:23 AM
An evangelical fundamentalist turns out to be a massive hypocrite.
Must be Tuesday.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
29-10-2014, 10:29 AM
(29-10-2014 10:23 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  An evangelical fundamentalist turns out to be a massive hypocrite.
Must be Tuesday.

you lost me on the Tuesday bit
29-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Another name for the boat: Tax Prayers
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post