Ham in hot water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2014, 10:42 AM
RE: Ham in hot water
(29-10-2014 10:29 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 10:23 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  An evangelical fundamentalist turns out to be a massive hypocrite.
Must be Tuesday.

you lost me on the Tuesday bit

Basically this a ridiculously frequent thing.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Winterwolf00's post
29-10-2014, 01:29 PM
I thought it was about the son of Noah! LOL.

Basically, the state cannot award a grant or whatever and then say, "No, we don't like the religious affiliations and hiring practices of the awardees..." so Ham will likely win in any suit.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2014, 01:34 PM
(29-10-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I thought it was about the son of Noah! LOL.

Basically, the state cannot award a grant or whatever and then say, "No, we don't like the religious affiliations and hiring practices of the awardees..." so Ham will likely win in any suit.

You are so wrong here it is almost funny. If the state give a grant the grant receiver must follow non-discriminatory hiring practices if Ham were to sue he would probably end up owing back a good portion of the money he has already been given.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-10-2014, 01:35 PM
(29-10-2014 10:42 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 10:29 AM)Ace Wrote:  you lost me on the Tuesday bit

Basically this a ridiculously frequent thing.

I thought it was a reference to many museums being free on Tuesday..

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-10-2014, 02:08 PM
(29-10-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I thought it was about the son of Noah! LOL.

[Image: funny-picture-the-stupid-it-burns.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-10-2014, 02:17 PM

So... let me see if I have this straight here. You think that if a government agency gives a grant to someone who then turns around and says "I ain't gonna hire me no niggers" ( we are talking about the south, here) that you think the government has no recourse whatever?

Really?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
29-10-2014, 02:30 PM
I went ahead and fixed the link in your OP for you, Smercury. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I got excited as I had an image of that dolt immersed in a giant kettle of boiling water. But I will smile at the thought of this guy and his Potemkin village in financial distress!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
29-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Ken is also requiring employees to get drunk and then hang out naked inside state-provided work tents.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
29-10-2014, 03:31 PM
(29-10-2014 02:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I went ahead and fixed the link in your OP for you, Smercury. Smartass

Thank you Bowing

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta