Ham in hot water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: Ham in hot water
(30-10-2014 12:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, you cannot violate laws and be in possession of government funds (at least, not after you're caught). Smile

You do have the free right of association and the government on its part cannot discriminate against an organization because it includes a statement of faith in its hiring practices, etc.

This right here, stupidity and ignorance of this scale, is why people are fighting back... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2014, 01:46 PM
You may find such practice unconscionable, but it is reality:

https://secular.org/news/government-fund...acceptable

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 02:38 PM
(31-10-2014 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You may find such practice unconscionable, but it is reality:

Congratulations, you found a case of shit which should not be legally happening.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2014, 02:53 PM
(31-10-2014 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You may find such practice unconscionable, but it is reality:

That is not hiring practices. You really need to learn more about the real world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-10-2014, 02:57 PM
(31-10-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That is not hiring practices. You really need to learn more about the real world.

There's that too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I know some things, but not everything. For example, I don't know the length and breadth of the universe and whether there might be supernatural beings somewhere else in the universe or outside of it. That would take a large amount of special knowledge.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
(04-11-2014 02:47 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I know some things, but not everything. For example, I don't know the length and breadth of the universe and whether there might be supernatural beings somewhere else in the universe or outside of it. That would take a large amount of special knowledge.

Well, if any statement has not followed, this is the second most to have done so.

04-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Re: Ham in hot water
Has the ham in this water cooked yet?

Or will we have to wait until non descript winter holiday.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2014, 06:58 AM
(04-11-2014 02:47 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  For example, I don't know the length and breadth of the universe and whether there might be supernatural beings somewhere else in the universe or outside of it. That would take a large amount of special knowledge.

This is true. I also do not know if there are supernatural entities. I do know know whether or not YHWH, Allah, leprechauns, or wizards exist. I will not assume they do until I see some evidence of their existence. Claiming that one of those exists and that the others do not is incredibly dishonest.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
05-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Ken Ham will not win this if he tries to challenge. Obviously, accepting gov't assistance on top of the current laws for hiring/firing people make the point moot. This is very different than voluntary associations that you join - especially when you are the one paying to associate with the group as opposed to being paid to work for the group. Feel like the Macho Man flying in with the elbow off the top turnbuckle to maim an already half dead wrestler after everyone else provided good commentary already.