Ham vs Nye Audience Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Ham vs Nye Audience Questions
(06-02-2014 08:20 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  The sunset one I don't even get. Is it supposed to be another one of those "no way beautiful stuff can exist without God" things, or...?

Also, I love the "what purpose are we here for" one. One day, I'd like to see someone just be honest and write "If God doesn't exist I'll be sad Sadcryface".

Well, If God did exist then the purpose of half a million people is to help feed mosquitos and Plasmodium protozoa which He intelligently designed so that God can kill a child every 45 seconds from Malaria to show off how powerful He is.

Funny she asks about the sun set - cute, and not ask how a baby deformed with Harlequins ichthyosis gets here ? ...clearly the benevolent creator of the universe has a bad day when designing some children.

just in case you didn't know the link below shows what Harlequins ichthyosis is

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harleq...80&bih=834

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Ham vs Nye Audience Questions
Regarding question number 2 (the one about thermodynamics), I thought of an illustration some time back which makes it easy to understand how this is a flawed concept:

(20-04-2012 02:38 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Some fundies often claim that the 2nd law of Thermodynamics disproves the BBT because a 14 billion-year-old universe would have collapsed from chaos eons ago. I have recently thought up an illustration to show them why this is not true. Just have them imagine the universe as a fish tank full of water. Now have them imagine chaos as a dropper full of red dye constantly dripping into the fish tank. Logic would dictate that, over time, the dye would eventually turn all of the water red, thus representing the destruction of the universe. However, the universe is not a closed system like this because it is expanding. You can illustrate the expansion by having them imagine a hose pumping water into the tank. The negative effect of the dye (chaos) is balanced out by the expanding water (universe).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply