Handing Over To Satan For The Destruction Of The Flesh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Handing Over To Satan For The Destruction Of The Flesh
http://www.goodnewsprophecy.com/footnote...d-over.htm

I remember this phrase from my time as an Evangelical Christian. And it does appear in the New Testament in a couple of places, I Corinthians 5:15 and I Timothy 1:19-20. Here Paul orders this calamity upon two men for blasphemy.

The full phrase is "have these men handed over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so they may be saved on the Day of The Lord."

So what does it mean today?

Well modern Chriztian churches use this phrase as a euphemism for excommunication ie we remove our hand of protection from you, allowing you to be attacked and tormented by Satan so that you will turn from your ways and repent in order to be saved.

In reality, this is a religious extortion racket, similar to an SP Declare used by the Church of Scientology using dirty, underhanded tactics cloaked in religious babble to harass and antagonize others who will not follow the herd. And there is an attitude in the church that, as God's institution on earth, it reserves the right to administer this judgment upon the apostate. It usually takes the form of community shunning, being fired from jobs, eviction or refusing a lease on rental property, harassment, verbal threats, intimidation, parental/family disownment, bullying, and other types of noxious stimuli. They get away with shit partially due to the influence of the church and people's belief in superstitious nonsense. Partly as well, it exploits herd behavior in humans in a negative way. I do happen to know many of these churches have deeply engrained gossip chains linking its members with the church leadership, allowing it to functioning something like a Mafia, again similar to the CoS's policy on SP Declares. It's particularly diabolical for atheist and agnostics who group up in religious communities, then find themselves cut off from every resource and way of life they've ever known. Notable examples of this are Salt Lake City's community of homeless gay teens, ostericized and rejected by their Mormon families for who they are. Many of them commit suicide.

As God doesn't exist, neither does his prison bitch. There is no Satan tormenting you. It's an insidious form of harassment used by communities of ignorant, mean spirited believers to persecute a few in their ranks who won't mindlessly bleat whatever bullshit the leadership pushes.

I just thought you should know how these assholes operate.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: Handing Over To Satan For The Destruction Of The Flesh
(02-06-2013 10:25 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.goodnewsprophecy.com/footnote...d-over.htm

I remember this phrase from my time as an Evangelical Christian. And it does appear in the New Testament in a couple of places, I Corinthians 5:15 and I Timothy 1:19-20. Here Paul orders this calamity upon two men for blasphemy.

The full phrase is "have these men handed over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so they may be saved on the Day of The Lord."

Well modern Chriztian churches use this phrase as a euphemism for excommunication ie we remove our hand of protection from you, allowing you to be attacked and tormented by Satan so that you will turn from your ways and repent in order to be saved.

In reality, this is a religious extortion racket, similar to an SP Declare used by the Church of Scientology using dirty, underhanded tactics cloaked in religious babble to harass and antagonize others who will not follow the herd. And there is an attitude in the church that, as God's institution on earth, it reserves the right to administer this judgment upon the apostate. It usually takes the form of community shunning, being fired from jobs, eviction or refusing a lease on rental property, harassment, verbal threats, intimidation, parental/family disownment, bullying, and other types of noxious stimuli. They get away with shit partially due to the influence of the church and people's belief in superstitious nonsense. Partly as well, it exploits herd behavior in humans in a negative way. I do happen to know many of these churches have deeply engrained gossip chains linking its members with the church leadership, allowing it to functioning something like a Mafia, again similar to the CoS's policy on SP Declares. It's particularly diabolical for atheist and agnostics who group up in religious communities, then find themselves cut off from every resource and way of life they've ever known. Notable examples of this are Salt Lake City's community of homeless gay teens, ostericized and rejected by their Mormon families for who they are. Many of them commit suicide.

As God doesn't exist, neither does his prison bitch. There is no Satan tormenting you. It's an insidious form of harassment used by communities of ignorant, mean spirited believers to persecute a few in their ranks who won't mindlessly bleat whatever bullshit the leadership pushes.

I just thought you should know how these assholes operate.

Yabut, why should we listen to you? You've been handed over to Satan. Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I see what you did there, Erxomai.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
03-06-2013, 11:51 AM

-- I believe the proper translation is " fuck them up". ( credits to George Carlin )
[+] 1 user Likes closet.atheist's post
03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
(02-06-2013 10:25 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.goodnewsprophecy.com/footnote...d-over.htm

I remember this phrase from my time as an Evangelical Christian. And it does appear in the New Testament in a couple of places, I Corinthians 5:15 and I Timothy 1:19-20

There is no 1 Corinthians 5:15. Perhaps you meant verse 5?

The verse is just weird, and the phrase makes no sense. I would assume it means to kill the guy for sleeping with his mom ("his father's wife", if you prefer) but I have no idea why that would "save his spirit"...

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
(03-06-2013 05:17 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

I remember this phrase from my time as an Evangelical Christian. And it does appear in the New Testament in a couple of places, I Corinthians 5:15 and I Timothy 1:19-20

The verse is just weird, and the phrase makes no sense. I would assume it means to kill the guy for sleeping with his mom ("his father's wife", if you prefer) but I have no idea why that would "save his spirit"...

Well the bible is weird and all of its phrases seem to make no sense.

It fits perfectly!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
(02-06-2013 10:25 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I just thought you should know how these assholes operate.

Ya, we kinda already knew how they operated, but still ....good topic.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-06-2013, 06:47 AM
(03-06-2013 05:17 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

Missed the hyphen, according to the link... 1-5 instead of 15... and! It's obvious. Jesus is all peace/love/small furry animals, so we cannot give you the Righteous Smote you so richly deserve, ergo, scapegoat.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 09:52 AM

When I told my martial arts master that I was leaving his Xian dojo because of my deconversion, he told me that God would use his "lightning bolts and 2X4" to get me back into line. So yeah, I can dig it...
04-06-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 01:16 PM by kim.)
Well, come on - get with the program:

Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. Blink

... you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. Angry

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

In other words: fuck em - don't let those iky fucks into our clubhouse. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein