Hannibal (The TV Show)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: Hannibal (The TV Show)
The problem is Amazon owns the rights, so unless they work out a deal, it won't be Netflix. They also don't have the rights to Clarice's character so it could be dead in the water. The actors are released from their contracts and a big wig on the show's writing or production team is committed to another series. I'm really pissed off.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2015, 05:19 PM
(02-07-2015 01:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  They cancelled it! Goddamnit! At least they are letting the season end before canceling it. I hope another network picks it up.

Did they actually cancel it, or is it simply that they ran out of source material? I've made it to episode 8 of season 3, and most of what I've seen so far (from all the seasons) looked to be heavily inspired by the movies/books if not outright completely copied from them! I wouldn't mind some all new never before seen stuff between the main characters go down, but I can also understand if nobody wanted to expound any further on the 'Hannibal universe'!

I might have to g back and watch some of the episodes from previous seasons to make sure I'm not blowing smoke here, but season 3 feels like they went a tad overboard with the crazy visual dream-like sequences accompanied by weird music! Not complaining, but at some points I was like "I know! Will is messed up in the head! But could we get on to the next scene where something's actually happening?" I would have liked to see season 3 end when they "caught" Hannibal! Let season 4 be the beginning of Will's & Hannibal's 'professional' relationship with Hannibal in jail! One minute the mind-fuck is rampaging full steam, then suddenly its 3 years later, and Will's got a wife and kid! Blink Like... where the hell they come from?

Still an awesome show, though! Shy

Find all posts by this user
19-08-2015, 06:15 PM
It's most definitely cancelled. They wanted the rights to Clarice, could never secure them (though it looked promising), then the floor fell out from under them as the ratings never improved. There is talk of them making a movie to button it all up, but they assure us that Season 3 will end satisfyingly. They intentionally stayed close to the book/movies because they would have done a Buffalo Bill in Season 4 with Starling, then they could have taken the characters where they wanted them to go, beyond the Lambs.

But I know what you mean about all the meta-psychedelic bullshit, and I grew tired of everyone talking in a whispered monotone. I still love the show and I think they had to jump ahead because I don't believe there was a relationship there for that time period.

My fingers are still crossed that they will save it somehow.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
27-08-2015, 11:36 PM
"It's beautiful."

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user