Happiness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Happiness
Hanging out with my dog. The one thing in life I can count on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like riseinside's post
21-03-2014, 12:47 PM
(21-03-2014 09:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: 31218127.jpg]

There, I fixed your faulty link.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
21-03-2014, 12:51 PM
(21-03-2014 12:47 PM)Filox Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 09:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: 31218127.jpg]

There, I fixed your faulty link.

I actually think it was funnier and more "muffsy" when it was just a blank space. I thought that was the intent.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
21-03-2014, 01:06 PM
(21-03-2014 12:51 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 12:47 PM)Filox Wrote:  There, I fixed your faulty link.

I actually think it was funnier and more "muffsy" when it was just a blank space. I thought that was the intent.

It's not actually possible to post a blank message, so a blank post is always indicative of broken code in the post; and almost always it's the absence of an ending [/quote] that's at fault.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Fred Astaire playing the drums while dancing. Big Grin

He makes up for all the white guys with no rhythm. He's such a joy to watch. I always like to point out amazing talent from long ago times.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-03-2014, 01:54 PM
(21-03-2014 01:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Fred Astaire playing the drums while dancing. Big Grin

He makes up for all the white guys with no rhythm. He's such a joy to watch. I always like to point out amazing talent from long ago times.

Thanks ! that made me smile... I've always admired Fred Astaire and big band music.

Which now compels me to post this, which makes me smile every time I see it.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
21-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Here's something that made my day.

I teach English to kids and today I had a speaking lesson with a class of 12 year olds.

The conversation soon ended up being about ghosts, the afterlife, out-of-body experiences and the supernatural in general.

One of the smartest girls in there was very scared and said she wouldn't be able to sleep at night after all the scary stories the others shared. I then told them that there's not reason to be scared of anything supernatural and gave them the "flying teapot" analogy.

-If I told you there was a flying teapot orbiting the sun, would I be able to prove it to you?
(They all look confused)
-No.
-Then isn't it reasonable to think that, since for so many thousands of years no one has been able to prove that ghosts exist, ghosts simply don't exist? The burden of proof lies on the person who makes the claim that ghosts exist.

At that moment, the smart little girl looked at me, amazed.
"Oh my god, you are right. I can't believe this. You have changed everything now. I'm not scared anymore."
She kept that face until the class was finished and kept telling me how everything was different for her.

While they were leaving, I told them "Don't believe everything you're told, think for yourselves, question everything". The rest of the students didn't pay much attention, but knowing that I opened up this girl's mind and made her overcome the irrational fear of the supernatural gave me such happy feelings inside.

tl;dr
I gave a 12 year old girl food for thought and changed the way she thinks, almost made her a skeptic. That made me happy.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
21-03-2014, 04:53 PM
[Image: cat_zps735643a5.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Witchy, I just thought you should know that because of you, I had this song stuck in my head for over a week.

I both love you and hate you for this. Big Grin

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
30-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Coming back to work after being sick for a few days and having my favourite little old man tell me in his gruffly voice:

"(insert name) Youre back! I missed you ol buddy"

That little ol man warms my heart.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post