Happy 4th of July!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Happy 4th of July!
(05-07-2014 01:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 01:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No he really doesn't. Go read any of his threads in the politics section and you will see how deep down the rabbit hole he is.

It does sound sort of sketchy. I saw the first picture and was like I agree with that, second one I did not agree with that, the third I slightly agree with.

Also he should be more concerned about his country not america.

The political cult he joined doesn't make memes about his country.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-07-2014, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 04:03 PM by Luminon.)
RE: Happy 4th of July!
(05-07-2014 10:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You really are a moron. If you think freedom means having no responsibility then you do not understand what it is.
Anyone sees this madness? I am opposed to the existence of politics, which never faces any consequences. Politicians can kill millions, detonate hundreds of nukes and get their nation trillions of dollars into debt. Consequences? They get elected for another four years Rolleyes
And you are telling me about responsibility. This is insane.

(05-07-2014 01:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The political cult he joined doesn't make memes about his country.
So now you imply that if my nationalist feelings were mocked, I would get angry?
It is not about countries. It is about groups of people who order around armed forces financed by money that these gun-toting men extracted from the citizens (or printed). These people print money and then force people with threats of violence to use the money and pay taxes in this currency. Governments have been doing that since... The Roman Empire. I can't even call this a medieval barbarism, it's too old. If religion is outdated because it's ancient, then empires and debasing currency for war is what?

(05-07-2014 01:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It does sound sort of sketchy. I saw the first picture and was like I agree with that, second one I did not agree with that, the third I slightly agree with.

Also he should be more concerned about his country not america.
I'd gladly be concerned about my country only, if America didn't try to build a missile radar base there, didn't try to take over EU and its economy and didn't threaten my meager savings by infinitely printing the world's reserve currency.
Well, keep looking into this stuff. I don't like it either and I haven't learned it overnight. And what I learned suggests that America destroyed itself and it is grasping at the rest of Earth like a vampire for jugulars. It makes no sense in Keynesian economy that we all learned, but it makes perfect sense in Austrian school of economics. Which is all right, Keynesians believes that breaking windows livens up the economy, Austrians agree that it makes people poorer. When I had read Bastiat, economy made sense to me for the first time.

Yes, I know, overthrowing bad, oppressive governments is hard. But at least my people don't act happy about the government, they traditionally grumble into beer. There's none of this patriotism stuff. Instead there are people like Rev, equating the country and its people with its money-printing, invader-commanding (both huge crimes) political leadership and giving these leaders virtues like "responsibility". I have a small wish, that celebrations referring to freedom of a country would reflect an actual conditions of that country. It would be a useful reminder to keep the country free, if it was actually free to begin with. It's not free if there's taxes or prison for tax avoiders, that's not what free means, financially and personally. Neither it is responsibility, people who have power to do this, can never be held responsible. This is the simpliest as I can say it, the rest is lots of well-meant social and economic policy measures that somehow always seem to weaken the citizens and make the government more necessary than before.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply