Happy Aliens Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Happy Aliens Day
Today is the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical release of Alien. As such there are a lot of products being released today (Posters and other tat).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-04-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Happy Aliens Day
(26-04-2016 02:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Today is the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical release of Alien. As such there are a lot of products being released today (Posters and other tat).

I thought it was National Pretzel Day! Now I'm all twisted up about it. Tongue

I loved Alien but Aliens was the best. IMO

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
26-04-2016, 03:55 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
26-04-2016, 04:11 PM
I just wish somebody would make more movies where aliens were either:
A) Peaceful and helpful (Contact.. More the book than movie)
B) Distant, time-traveling descendants of humanity (Interstellar. Maybe?)
C) Intelligent... Cause honestly, if they're smart enough to get here, they're almost definitely smart enough to defeat us. Movie aliens are always failing in ridiculous ways.

I actually did like Edge of Tomorrow... Though I would like to see a movie where the aliens win. It would be unexpected

Alien and the Aliens universe is alright. Better than most. At least they aren't portrayed as smart enough to reach earth on their own.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
26-04-2016, 04:13 PM
(26-04-2016 03:55 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

Invader Zim was one of my favorite shows. The only thing that has given me a similar feel lately has been Rick and Morty... Which is definitely more brutal and adult oriented.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
26-04-2016, 04:14 PM
(26-04-2016 03:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 02:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Today is the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical release of Alien. As such there are a lot of products being released today (Posters and other tat).

I thought it was National Pretzel Day! Now I'm all twisted up about it. Tongue

I loved Alien but Aliens was the best. IMO

Add in the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident and we have a lot to celebrate today.