Happy Bad Friday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: Happy Bad Friday!
(25-03-2016 05:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 04:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Easter and Good Friday change every year sooooo... many eons ago I was born on Good Friday, though it was not on this date. My male parental unit often refer to my birthday as, "should've have been Black Friday". Anywhooooo...

I will be going to work, not having fish, drinking a glass of wine and spending the weekend with my soon to be 6yrs old grandson. Wish it was some other debauchery but alas I'm lame and have no life. Weeping

A weekend with your 6yr old grandson? That's not lame. Helping to raise children is a very important activity and about the hardest thing around. Heart

That's is true, I just meant lame as far as debauchery goes. lol

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 05:44 PM
(25-03-2016 05:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 09:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'll be working, but will be able to get out early thanks to the religious nuts Smile

Maybe turn some water into tequila shots later on Wink

Just don't wear heels! Confused
Tongue

Laugh out load Yes, won't make that mistake again Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-03-2016, 06:58 PM
(25-03-2016 04:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Easter and Good Friday change every year sooooo... many eons ago I was born on Good Friday, though it was not on this date. My male parental unit often refer to my birthday as, "should've have been Black Friday". Anywhooooo...

I will be going to work, not having fish, drinking a glass of wine and spending the weekend with my soon to be 6yrs old grandson. Wish it was some other debauchery but alas I'm lame and have no life. Weeping
I feel ya. My dad died on Good Friday years ago. I was already past religion, but it still sucked. Only my brother Jigsaw and I are atheists.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-03-2016, 06:59 PM
(25-03-2016 06:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

I feel ya. My dad died on Good Friday years ago. I was already past religion, but it still sucked. Only my brother Jigsaw and I are atheists.

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-03-2016, 08:15 PM
I worked. It was insanely busy.

Target was a mad house. I find it ironic that Christmas and Easter bring out the crazy/monstrous side in shoppers...

10 seasons there, I got some inside knowledge!

They're the worst.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
25-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Slept in, cleaned, played some old Empire Earth. Watched the theological commentary of Passion of the Christ on DVD, you can practically hear the priest being restrained from hitting Mel Gibson any time the latter speaks.

(25-03-2016 09:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe turn some water into tequila shots later on Wink

Right now this sounds like the best superpower.

(25-03-2016 05:35 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Well living in a third world country everything is closed for today. I thought we'd go to Burger Thing for a change, but even they were closed today!

Ouch, can sort of relate. I grew up in northern West Virginia and never encountered anything where places closed early on Sunday or outside of Christmas and Thanksgiving. Then did grad school in rural Pennsylvania and everywhere was closed on times like Easter, and even fast food places would close at like 3pm on Sunday (gotta get the church crowd's money before being too pius).

(25-03-2016 06:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I feel ya. My dad died on Good Friday years ago. I was already past religion, but it still sucked. Only my brother Jigsaw and I are atheists.
Sorry to hear that. Sad Not my dad, but can sorta relate as a bad anniversary, my grandfather had a debilitating stroke on Good Friday when I was in middle school; fully aware, but rarely able to speak and unable to move. First time I realized there was worse things than death.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-03-2016, 08:39 PM
(25-03-2016 08:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I feel ya. My dad died on Good Friday years ago. I was already past religion, but it still sucked. Only my brother Jigsaw and I are atheists.
Sorry to hear that. Sad Not my dad, but can sorta relate as a bad anniversary, my grandfather had a debilitating stroke on Good Friday when I was in middle school; fully aware, but rarely able to speak and unable to move. First time I realized there was worse things than death.
My dad had a cerebral hemorrhage, and we don't know if he was aware of anything. It scares me that might be how I die. I can't imagine what you went through. Please accept my condolences.
25-03-2016, 09:00 PM
More hugs for you both *Hugs*

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-03-2016, 09:01 PM
(25-03-2016 08:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry to hear that. Sad Not my dad, but can sorta relate as a bad anniversary, my grandfather had a debilitating stroke on Good Friday when I was in middle school; fully aware, but rarely able to speak and unable to move. First time I realized there was worse things than death.
My dad had a cerebral hemorrhage, and we don't know if he was aware of anything. It scares me that might be how I die. I can't imagine what you went through. Please accept my condolences.
Please accept my condolences as well, that's a terrifying thing and had to have been terrible. In a horrible way, at least I had a few more years with my grandfather, even if it was daily visits and he couldn't respond.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post