Happy Birthday Bill Nye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Happy Birthday Bill Nye
What a guy! Happy Birthday Bill. It'd be nice if he was around another 50 years or so.

[Image: 0fb4fa0287b7a495ce97d33768aaed9b1e042856...c7a930.jpg]

My kids used to watch him on tv when they were little. I'd never heard of the guy so I sat down and watched his show with them and realized what a nifty, fun and smart person he really was.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-11-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Happy Birthday Bill Nye
I fangirl over him Wink

Happy Birthday, Bill!

27-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Happy birthday! Big Grin
27-11-2016, 09:54 PM
There are some who have survived 2016.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
27-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Bill Nye has a patent on an improved ballet toe shoe. Here it is:

[Image: billnyeedit.jpg]

It's the funniest thing. I can't remember why but he was watching a ballet class for his tv show (maybe something to do with the physics of pirouettes?) and he noticed that the female dancers toes were bleeding and hurting and the reason for this was that the shoe box was constructed so that the big toe buckles over while on pointe. Figure # 5 (45). I used to tape my toes with athletic tape to try and prevent this from happening but it still happened.

Anyway, he decided to rework the shoe box to prevent this problem. Figure # 6 (55) I can't remember exactly what he did, the drawing doesn't really show the detail too well. I don't think anyone has actually manufactured his patent but they should! Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-11-2016, 10:22 PM
(27-11-2016 05:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I fangirl over him Wink

Happy Birthday, Bill!

Top comment on that video: "I hope he hit that shit later"

Ha!

Hope Bill lives for many more years. Enjoyed his show when I was a kid and am still enjoying what he has to say these days.
28-11-2016, 05:04 AM
(27-11-2016 10:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Bill Nye has a patent on an improved ballet toe shoe. Here it is:

[Image: billnyeedit.jpg]

It's the funniest thing. I can't remember why but he was watching a ballet class for his tv show (maybe something to do with the physics of pirouettes?) and he noticed that the female dancers toes were bleeding and hurting and the reason for this was that the shoe box was constructed so that the big toe buckles over while on pointe. Figure # 5 (45). I used to tape my toes with athletic tape to try and prevent this from happening but it still happened.

Anyway, he decided to rework the shoe box to prevent this problem. Figure # 6 (55) I can't remember exactly what he did, the drawing doesn't really show the detail too well. I don't think anyone has actually manufactured his patent but they should! Thumbsup

Figure 6, detail 55 -- appears to have added a fulcrum point.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Happy birthday to a staple of my childhood, and now the guy who makes Ken Ham look dumb on an almost annual basis!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2016, 09:37 AM
(28-11-2016 08:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Happy birthday to a staple of my childhood, and now the guy who makes Ken Ham look dumb on an almost annual basis!

Which isn't really that hard. Ken Ham does a fine job of making Ken Ham look dumb. I do love how casual and matter of factly Bill does it though, all the while still being the nicest guy ever. In his debate with Ham a few years ago I actually felt bad for Bill, since he was basically begging grown adults not to teach their children to be ignorant and indoctrinate them with silly nonsense. That dude cares a lot.
28-11-2016, 10:41 AM
(28-11-2016 09:37 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 08:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Happy birthday to a staple of my childhood, and now the guy who makes Ken Ham look dumb on an almost annual basis!

Which isn't really that hard. Ken Ham does a fine job of making Ken Ham look dumb. I do love how casual and matter of factly Bill does it though, all the while still being the nicest guy ever. In his debate with Ham a few years ago I actually felt bad for Bill, since he was basically begging grown adults not to teach their children to be ignorant and indoctrinate them with silly nonsense. That dude cares a lot.

Completely agreed on all counts. Even when he gets upset, he's still just like "okay... *sigh* let me try to make this simpler for you. It's my fault for going too complex..."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user