Happy Birthday Bill Nye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2016, 10:53 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Bill Nye
(28-11-2016 10:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 09:37 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Which isn't really that hard. Ken Ham does a fine job of making Ken Ham look dumb. I do love how casual and matter of factly Bill does it though, all the while still being the nicest guy ever. In his debate with Ham a few years ago I actually felt bad for Bill, since he was basically begging grown adults not to teach their children to be ignorant and indoctrinate them with silly nonsense. That dude cares a lot.

Completely agreed on all counts. Even when he gets upset, he's still just like "okay... *sigh* let me try to make this simpler for you. It's my fault for going too complex..."

He makes science simpler for us non scientific folks and this is why his show was so popular with kids. He'd kinda gone on to other things but I wish there was someone else to take his place on tv.

When he first started out on local Seattle tv one of the things he did was a comedy bit as Speedwalker, a Superhero. What a kick. Bill Nye....the funny guy.

Edit: I went and found this on youtube. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Oh my God that was awesome! And now that you mention it, there really isn't a replacement for him for kids Sad Which is...sad. Nowadays, if someone tried to show him in a school, I could see some Creationist parent scream about indoctrination, just because they know him as Ham's nemesis.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Happy Birthday Bill, thanks for always standing up for logic and reason and making it fun, also forever a part of the holy trinity of science.

[Image: 8340cd4c3071d82762900b1478c3347b.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
28-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Nye is my nominee for Supreme Court Justice. Thumbsup

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post