Happy Birthday to one of my favorite atheist authors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Happy Birthday to one of my favorite atheist authors
Mark Twain would be celebrating his 176 birthday, according to the cool graphic on from Google. https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Mark Twain was one of the most influential atheists in my life. I didn't realize this until recently, though. In high school and college, I read his works with great joy. If I ever knew he was an atheist I never realized it, and a good thing too, or he might not have influenced this Hellbound Preacher as deeply!

Happy Birthday, old Sam.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
30-11-2011, 08:08 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to one of my favorite atheist authors
(29-11-2011 11:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Mark Twain would be celebrating his 176 birthday, according to the cool graphic on from Google. https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Mark Twain was one of the most influential atheists in my life. I didn't realize this until recently, though. In high school and college, I read his works with great joy. If I ever knew he was an atheist I never realized it, and a good thing too, or he might not have influenced this Hellbound Preacher as deeply!

Happy Birthday, old Sam.

Mark Twain is a hero Smile Seriously 176 though? His stuff is as relevant as ever. What a champion.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Timeless stuff there. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and I hope to read more of his stuff!
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I think I like the person more than his writing. That's kinda the only immortality that makes sense to this unit. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post