Happy Canada Day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Happy Canada Day!
Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks. May our maple syrup run free, and our poutine never get soggy!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
RE: Happy Canada Day!
I'm not there yet Q_Q next month!!!! Can I have my poutine soggy? I actually like the taste of soggy =p

At least on the 4th I get holiday pay =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey happy Canada day. Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Time and a half time and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
[+] 1 user Likes Mindprowler's post
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I wanna be Canadian... Well happy Canada day, but for now I'll just have to make do with America's birthday in three days.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Enjoy!
[Image: flag_canadian_maple_leaf.jpg]

And thanks again for sending troops during WW I & II

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Just had to share this. Brought this up today with a friend of mine, and she apparently believes that Canada is still under British rule.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
01-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh FSM! Canadians and American shoppers heading to my store this weekend. It's going to be a crazy weekend.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
We are still sort of under the rule of the Queen unfortunately. But it's more for fakesies than realsies. Here's a wikipedia page for your consumption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

She's on our money. Which by the way will be plastic soon. Deal with that.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Asked nearly everyone who passed through the checkout at work today if they were
going to the local Canada Day celebrations just as a personal interest survey (and to
keep talkative), I was surprised to see how many people were staying home. Even more
surprised to see how many older adults (40's / 50's) weren't going. Seems patriotism rates
are rather low these days. Most of the people who were going were teenagers around my
age, because it's just an excuse to party. And only 1 person walked out with a Canada Day
"Support the Troops" sticker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic